GDT: Penguins @ Devils 7PM

Nicomo

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Because he’s got the emotional stability of a seven year old girl. Because he has no friends in real life so he depends on making absurd statements online to get a reaction. Because good attention or bad attention is still attention, and that’s what he wants more than anything in the world. When he was sitting alone at the lunch table in fifth grade, he just wanted to be noticed.

Because this forum moderation doesn’t want people saying the word for male genitalia in 2020, but is perfectly okay with the fact that allowing trolls to continue to cry for attention is the reason there are 3 people who contribute 95% of the posts in a given day. 

I haven’t posted much lately. I missed this place so i joined in while watching the game. And then I remembered why everyone left in the first place. 

this feel quite accurate

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Because he’s got the emotional stability of a seven year old girl. Because he has no friends in real life so he depends on making absurd statements online to get a reaction. Because good attention or bad attention is still attention, and that’s what he wants more than anything in the world. When he was sitting alone at the lunch table in fifth grade, he just wanted to be noticed.

Because this forum moderation doesn’t want people saying the word for male genitalia in 2020, but is perfectly okay with the fact that allowing trolls to continue to cry for attention is the reason there are 3 people who contribute 95% of the posts in a given day. 

I haven’t posted much lately. I missed this place so i joined in while watching the game. And then I remembered why everyone left in the first place. 

14173493-8443-4539-81C3-6B22133D657E.jpeg

I mean even if Hughes doesn't end up being the best player in this draft? What the hell were we supposed to do? He was projected to be the best player and we picked him. All scouts were all agreeing and everyone here agreed too.

Remember how the few suggesting that Kakko miiiiight be a better pick here were shut down right away?! lol Like it was preposterous to even consider anyone else but Hughes. And the reasoning behind picking Kakko were actually not terrible, it made sense.

Imagine for a second if we would have went off the board and pick Dach? lol Who someone here recently said will be a better player than Jack. I mean come on. lol

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

The whole size obsession is really quite silly. It’s 2020 ffs. Jack’s brother Quinn might win the Calder this year, and he’s the exact same size (actually Jack might be a hair taller). 

spacer.png

What you can see in the picture is that Quinn is actually down on one knee......

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

13 hours ago, Daniel said:

He won’t be a good player

I don't know whether this is just you having a dark sense of humour where you find this funny, or its a coping mechanism for the team being terrible. But if it's neither of these things I think you need to step back and maybe take a break from the team for a while. 

Because this doesn't seem to bring you an ounce of enjoyment right now. And this is supposed to be fun. If you can't find anything to enjoy or be positive about maybe skip the rest of the season and come back after the draft. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

Honestly, I’m not in favor of censoring anyone’s negative opinions, but there comes a point where you can tell it’s not genuine and it’s just pure trolling for the poster’s own entertainment. 

And there is, in my opinion, a distinction to be drawn between good natured ribbing like I do with Zacha, and what Daniel does. He comes across as not even being a fan of this team whatsoever. 

• Like 2

I was at the game and was surprised at how many people were there. MSG had a sold out Allman Brothers show as well which I find even more interesting since they have an older fan base. People really don't seem too concerned so far. 

https://www.nj.com/devils/2020/03/nj-coronavirus-update-why-devils-fans-continue-to-attend-games-despite-outbreak-concerns.html

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I don't know whether this is just you having a dark sense of humour where you find this funny, or its a coping mechanisms for the team being terrible. But if it's neither of these things I think you need to step back and maybe take a break from the team for a while. 

Because this doesn't seem to bring you an ounce of enjoyment right now. And this is supposed to be fun. If you can't find anything to enjoy or be positive about maybe skip the rest of the season and come back after the draft. 

See the source image

10 hours ago, MB3 said:

the way this season is going, i can almost guarantee you the rangers would get Norris finalist Subban and not “wait did we actually acquire Malcolm” Subban.

No, they'd get the same version of him that we've been treated to.

BUT, somehow they'd manage to flip him somewhere else and not only get that team to take on the rest of PK's full salary, but even get some piece back that ends up working out entirely too well for them.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jack Hughes is having the worst season for a number 1 overall pick in 20 years and that’s with getting more of an opportunity to succeed because the team has no offensive talent to speak of that is taking opportunities away from him.   He’s fast, but he’s invisible 95 percent of the time, except when he’s turning the puck over.  If you’re gonna have as slight a frame as he’ll always have, you have to really think two steps ahead, which he has shown no ability to do when he’s not playing against other teenagers.

It took everyone here forever to recognize John Hynes’ incompetence, that Adam Larsson being overrated was not Pete DeBoer’s fault, and that Pavel Zacha was never going to be a good NHL player.  

Trade him for Jack Eichel while we can.

Edited by Daniel

21 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lol

Or I guess we'll be the new Oilers.  Mike Gillis is probably going to be the next GM so it'll be a real viking funeral, but at least the Devils will have the most efficient hotel booking system in the league because that's definitely what helps you win games in analytics land.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Hughes was the youngest player ever for the United States team at the Worlds and was playing on a team full of top flight NHL talent and is holding his own just fine, as contrasted with Eichel and Matthews who got top line minutes playing with, at best, average pros.  As a 17 year old Hughes excelled against college players, many of whom are older than 22.  He could have entered the NHL 18 months ago and he'd probably be one of the twenty fastest skaters in the league. 

The only source of this ridiculous concept that Hughes is not going to be a good player I can think of would be David Conte or Connor Chatham. 

Mirco Mueller played well at the Worlds too. 

The source of me saying that he's not going to be a good player is just what I said.  Putting on ten more pounds of muscle is not going to matter because it won't make it difference when you are consistently handing the puck over to the other team on a 2 man advantage. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Now with close to 60 NHL games under his belt and being a nonfactor in pretty much all of them, I have recognzied his detractors were right. 

His “detractors” mostly just said he’d need some time to develop, so in that regard you’re correct. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Jack Hughes is having the worst season for a number 1 overall pick in 20 years and that’s with getting more of an opportunity to succeed because the team has no offensive talent to speak of that is taking opportunities away from him.   He’s fast, but he’s invisible 95 percent of the time, except when he’s turning the puck over.  If you’re gonna have as slight a frame as he’ll always have, you have to really think two steps ahead, which he has shown no ability to do when he’s not playing against other teenagers.

It took everyone here forever to recognize John Hynes’ incompetence, that Adam Larsson being overrated was not Pete DeBoer’s fault, and that Pavel Zacha was never going to be a good NHL player.  

4A29B5FA-EBCE-43D0-8BB1-23A669734C1E.gif

• Haha 6

Out of all the things to get upset about this miserable season I just can't get worked up about an 18 year old who still looks like a little kid. How many posts has he hit this season? How many fantastic passes that were wasted because his linemates couldn't do anything with them when some should have been easy goals? 

He's shown plenty of glimpses of talent. Deciding to give up on him this soon is such a ridiculous reaction that it's really not even worth discussing.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

you are totally wrong all over the massage. JH is a youngest boy and every one talk about how he dont ready for nhl. All good rockies are 20-21 yo. He need time. He isnt invisible 95% because he is very visible. He is often make mistakes - yes. Because he try to translate his skills.
PZ is a good 3rd line center now and statistic from all nhl 3rd line players show that.

i dont understand what you are really do. i dont think that you are ranger fan or passive devils hater. May be you have some real life problems and try to translate the fault of them to wet lips boy who cant  answer on overpriced expectations. 

Edited by Guadana

24 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Out of all the things to get upset about this miserable season I just can't get worked up about an 18 year old who still looks like a little kid. How many posts has he hit this season? How many fantastic passes that were wasted because his linemates couldn't do anything with them when some should have been easy goals? 

He's shown plenty of glimpses of talent. Deciding to give up on him this soon is such a ridiculous reaction that it's really not even worth discussing.

One on the breakaway off the PK last game, in fact.I felt awful for him, as much as I think he'll be fine, he really needs something to go right for him right now. I suppose the team is doing well and that's all that matters, etc., but it would be good for Jack to have a good night right about now. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly, I’m not in favor of censoring anyone’s negative opinions, but there comes a point where you can tell it’s not genuine and it’s just pure trolling for the poster’s own entertainment. 

And there is, in my opinion, a distinction to be drawn between good natured ribbing like I do with Zacha, and what Daniel does. He comes across as not even being a fan of this team whatsoever. 

yeah Daniel had me swearing out loud in the last few months and that had never happened before.

I know i can be frustrating and annoying too at times with some of my opinions that aren't popular or doesn't align with others but it's always about something systematic or based on values. I don't take any pleasure at frustrating people with it. But i know i'm also bringing positive sh!t outside of that.

He's just negative to be negative and it's draining when it's already hard to keep positive about the team being frustrating.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know i can be frustrating and annoying too at times with some of my opinions that aren't popular or doesn't align with others but it's always about something systematic or based on values.

I’ve never noticed that. ;) 

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah Daniel had me swearing out loud in the last few months and that had never happened before.

I’m from New York, we literally do that all day long.