GDT: Penguins @ Devils 7PM

Nicomo

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah i feel it's more like... this woman freaking out that their new AC is worthless because the attic and the basement are still super warm.. that they should have got another brand, that they'll melt and die within the next 20 minutes etc etc while her husband is trying to explain to her that the AC is a single room unit meant to cool down their bedroom... that it's only been on for only 1 minute. Or even that it hasnt been plugged in yet lol 

I should have known not to mess with the master of the things. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

In about 2 weeks I will have been on this board for 10 years.  In that time I can't remember a stretch where Daniel wasn't at least somewhat negative.  It is who he is.  He is definitely over-the-top with a lot of his comments, but he's not calling anyone morons (at least from what I have seen).

I can see why PK would be infuriating to many.  What I don't get is the board delving into a PK roast for a while but the mere mention of Hughes sets people off and the name-calling starts.  Also, in his defense, Daniel does and has commented on more than just Hughes even if it is indeed consistently negative so you can't say he doesn't talk about a variety of things.

I have just found that this forum has more and more become a place where only groupthink is allowed when it comes to most topics.  I haven't been an angel myself over the past 10 years but I will say that it has gotten more intense as the number of posters here have dwindled.  If saying Hughes is a bust gets you this sort of reaction and saying the development camp scrimmage is stupid gets you banned for a month while others continue to dunk on you afterwards, then maybe I should start posting less.

He also started about 5 different threads (not even kidding, it's seriously 4 or 5) all aimed at sh!tting on Hynes or Shero. Mostly Shero, then would turn any other threads into a Shero bashing thing. 

He'd then disappear when his claims were debunked/proven wrong or that the team would do well. I mean in MID-JUNE, he kept on whining that Shero was not trying to build a good team, that he'd do nothing with his cap space, not try to sign anyone etc etc and that he'd do nothing and just go in the season like this to tank... Days later we acquired Subban, then Gusev etc etc

When he'd claim the Devils problem were 100% the coaching or management. He'd shut down any claim that goaltending was the problem lol i mean come on. That's just wanting to obsess about having ONE scapegoat 

Now both shero and hynes are gone, his new victim is Hughes. I guess you can call that a variety but it's still not good.

And it's always the same thing, for all of those he'd dig and dig on the negatives and make sh!t up about them... and would absolutely refuse to consider or hear anything positive about them. Thats just trolling

Edited by SterioDesign

27 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I haven't been an angel myself over the past 10 years but I will say that it has gotten more intense as the number of posters here have dwindled. 

Not that I don't enjoy reading your regular posts but I always find your posts when you're pissed off and salty entertaining lol I have no problem with almost anyone saying whatever they want. 

I don't even think Daniel is a bad poster or anything like that. I just don't agree with giving up on an 18 year old and labeling him a bust when we have had a nightmare of a season with a horrible system and 2 horrible head coaches. There has to be some sort of patience that Hughes will have a better season next year. Trading him away now leaves the possibility that he ends up becoming an amazing player somewhere else while we watch from afar is a much worse situation to me. If he has a horrible year next year then I'll be more concerned. 

i mean you can see Jack's talent. I'm not going to wear blinders and completely dismiss some stuff either. But it's obviously too early to tell.

The kid is small, he had to adjust, he was playing against lesser competition on a STACKED team. So his stats mayyy have been inflated? But he's a playmaker too and he's now playing on a team that is struggling.

I'm absolutely going to be patient with him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

But what people are complaining about is the Daniel hysteria. If I can go Sterio for a second...  It’s like the air conditioner is stuck on and one guy is screaming that we’re all about to freeze to death. 

False narrative, it’s not Sterio because you did not say anything about relationships. 

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

Is it your opinion that everyone on this forum is high on Pavel Zacha and that we all give him a pass? 

Because holy sh;t lol

Maybe two seasons ago...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean you can see Jack's talent. I'm not going to wear blinders and completely dismiss some stuff either. But it's obviously too early to tell.

The kid is small, he had to adjust, he was playing against lesser competition on a STACKED team. So his stats mayyy have been inflated? But he's a playmaker too and he's now playing on a team that is struggling.

I'm absolutely going to be patient with him.

As stacked as that USA team was not a single one of Jack’s teammates are in the NHL yet. The rest of those kids are off at college. So as disappointing as his season has been, you’d still have to ignore the circumstances to actually be so doom and gloom about where he is development-wise. What I don’t get is having an opinion set in stone after 60 games. Other than the immense pressure, and unfair expectations of him being a #1OA. 

One of the other things I find the most irritating is this claim that Jack is getting so much more of an opportunity than the other rookies from his draft. 

Here’s the ATOI of the 3 lottery picks:

Hughes - 15:52

Kakko - 14:20

Dach: 14:14

So while he is averaging a couple more shifts per game, he’s also on the worst team of the three. The Rags top scorer has 94 points. The Blackhawks has 82. The Devils...45. Bit of a difference, no? Jack is currently one point behind Dach, and two behind Kakko. None of them is lighting it up, yet we get proclamations that Kakko will be the next Draisaitl, Dach is on his way to being a future star, and Jack is the next Nail Yakupov. Idc what anyone says, that is CHOOSING to be negative. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

As stacked as that USA team was not a single one of Jack’s teammates are in the NHL yet. The rest of those kids are off at college. So as disappointing as his season has been, you’d still have to ignore the circumstances to actually be so doom and gloom about where he is development-wise. What I don’t get is having an opinion set in stone after 60 games. Other than the immense pressure, and unfair expectations of him being a #1OA. 

One of the other things I find the most irritating is this claim that Jack is getting so much more of an opportunity than the other rookies from his draft. 

Here’s the ATOI of the 3 lottery picks:

Hughes - 15:52

Kakko - 14:20

Dach: 14:14

So while he is averaging a couple more shifts per game, he’s also on the worst team of the three. The Rags top scorer has 94 points. The Blackhawks has 82. The Devils...45. Bit of a difference, no? Jack is currently one point behind Dach, and two behind Kakko. None of them is lighting it up, yet we get proclamations that Kakko will be the next Draisaitl, Dach is on his way to being a future star, and Jack is the next Nail Yakupov. Idc what anyone says, that is CHOOSING to be negative. 

Oh absolutely. And i totally agree with you here. I was just pointing out claims that i feel could at least have some legs vs some non-sense.

And about the "choosing" to be negative. Well if you paid any attention that's something i've been bringing up quite a bit lately. It's frustrating

Its like if you got to choose any girl you want and there was this girl that everyone liked and you wanted to like but it didnt click. And then theres this girl whos different and nobody likes but you can be yourself cause it just feels right.  And it was on tv and your mom was there.

really is crazy that people are so hung up on other's opinion(s) and are so quick to basically call somebody crazy if their opinion is the polar opposite of theirs.  We're not talking about curing cancer or really anything remotely important in real life.  This sh!t is gonna continue to happen as long as the team is hot garbage.  I would venture to guess 99% of the people that take the time to come here truly want the team to compete at the highest level and nobody takes solace or satisfaction when guys underperform or worse.  

The state of the union has been terrible the last how many years now? Of course it's frustrating  with interim everything and still a really thin roster of established NHL'ers, unless you take solace in Weaponized cap space that is.

Hopefully next year we're not in the sh!tter at the end of Nov, I'm sure the mood will be elevated greatly if they ever turn this corner.  Until then I personally believe they deserve all the barbs and scrutiny they get. The casual fans probably don't give two fvcks it's the ones that care the most that hang here imo.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not too far off hitting the panic button with Hughes at this point either although I would like to see him next year under a (hopefully) competent staff with hopefully more competent linemates than he's had most of this year.  This season has been BAD though, by a #1 overall pick metric at least.  And don't give me Joe Thornton twenty years ago, the game and rules are a lot different now and with the cap and free agency at younger ages you kind of need your #1OA's to hit sooner rather than later.  Sure things have sucked this year but most #1 overalls go into situations that suck, there is a reason those teams draft #1 for the most part.

Speaking of which, it would be nice if Nico wasn't stagnant into his fourth year.  He started off pretty well and is certainly better than Hughes but really hasn't progressed at all since he was 18.  It would be nice to see another step from him next year too, especially now that he's gonna start making real money.

The issue with Daniel is people see his posts as a combination of over-the-top baiting and fatalism, he isn't seen as an honest broker because of his propensity to go over the top looking for attention so people just roll their eyes and dismiss his posts, even when he might have a point.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Well if we wind up drafting another center in the top 5-10 this year I wouldn't be opposed to trying to trade Hughes for a franchise defenseman, if such a deal exists.  But yeah saying he's a bust already after 61 games is a little much.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

really is crazy that people are so hung up on other's opinion(s) and are so quick to basically call somebody crazy if their opinion is the polar opposite of theirs.  We're not talking about curing cancer or really anything remotely important in real life.  This sh!t is gonna continue to happen as long as the team is hot garbage.  I would venture to guess 99% of the people that take the time to come here truly want the team to compete at the highest level and nobody takes solace or satisfaction when guys underperform or worse.  

The state of the union has been terrible the last how many years now? Of course it's frustrating  with interim everything and still a really thin roster of established NHL'ers, unless you take solace in Weaponized cap space that is.

Hopefully next year we're not in the sh!tter at the end of Nov, I'm sure the mood will be elevated greatly if they ever turn this corner.  Until then I personally believe they deserve all the barbs and scrutiny they get. The casual fans probably don't give two fvcks it's the ones that care the most that hang here imo.

They’ve be playing MUCH better lately, yet certain people still choose to be negative, and focus on an 18 year old kid’s point totals. Sorry, but there’s been plenty to be positive about; Blackwood has been one of the best goalies in the league, Bratt is emerging as a highly skilled top 6 winger that can actually be counted on even late in the season, Goose is every bit as good as advertised, and Pavel Zacha of all people is centering our best line. But the doom and gloom crowd doesn’t care about any of that. It’s just nonstop bitching and endless negativity. It’s exhausting. 

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not too far off hitting the panic button with Hughes at this point either although I would like to see him next year under a (hopefully) competent staff with hopefully more competent linemates than he's had most of this year.  This season has been BAD though, by a #1 overall pick metric at least.  And don't give me Joe Thornton twenty years ago, the game and rules are a lot different now and with the cap and free agency at younger ages you kind of need your #1OA's to hit sooner rather than later.  Sure things have sucked this year but most #1 overalls go into situations that suck, there is a reason those teams draft #1 for the most part.

Speaking of which, it would be nice if Nico wasn't stagnant into his fourth year.  He started off pretty well and is certainly better than Hughes but really hasn't progressed at all since he was 18.  It would be nice to see another step from him next year too, especially now that he's gonna start making real money.

The issue with Daniel is people see his posts as a combination of over-the-top baiting and fatalism, he isn't seen as an honest broker because of his propensity to go over the top looking for attention so people just roll their eyes and dismiss his posts, even when he might have a point.

Matthews had 4 players with 60+ points (Marner, Nylander, Kadri, JVR) to play with his rookie season. 

McDavid had Taylor Hall (in the only seasons he ever played all 82 games) and Leon Draisaitl. 

Patrick Kane had the luxury of coming into the league with Jonathan Toews. 

I could go on, but if you look at it objectively, Hughes has honestly come into one of the worst situations of any #1 in the past 20 years. 

Also, I couldn’t disagree more that Nico’s game hasn’t progressed at all. He’s much, much, stronger than he was as a rookie, has improved on face offs to the point he rivals Zajac, and he was playing great until he got injured in February. He was driving right to the net, and scoring goals that looked like a power forward. Pretty sure he was hovering right around a PPG for most of January. 

Nico is probably never going to be an offensive dynamo, which I think some people expect because he went #1, but if he can be a 70 point two-way forward who’s competing for Selke trophies year after year I’ll be more than happy. 

31 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well if we wind up drafting another center in the top 5-10 this year I wouldn't be opposed to trying to trade Hughes for a franchise defenseman, if such a deal exists.  But yeah saying he's a bust already after 61 games is a little much.

Talking about trading a kid who’s 18, and has the potential of Jack Hughes, after 60 GP, is absolutely insane. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Talking about trading a kid who’s 18, and has the potential of Jack Hughes, after 60 GP, is absolutely insane. 

I'm referring to a Johansen-Seth Jones type trade, I'm not looking to trade the guy for freaking Jake Muzzin.  There might not even BE that type of trade available.  I'm just saying if we wind up with another high-drafted center it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to try to trade him for a young defenseman.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I'm referring to a Johansen-Seth Jones type trade, I'm not looking to trade the guy for freaking Jake Muzzin.  There might not even BE that type of trade available.  I'm just saying if we wind up with another high-drafted center it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to try to trade him for a young defenseman.

Like who?  Throw a few names out.

18 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

He also started about 5 different threads (not even kidding, it's seriously 4 or 5) all aimed at sh!tting on Hynes or Shero. Mostly Shero, then would turn any other threads into a Shero bashing thing. 

He'd then disappear when his claims were debunked/proven wrong or that the team would do well. I mean in MID-JUNE, he kept on whining that Shero was not trying to build a good team, that he'd do nothing with his cap space, not try to sign anyone etc etc and that he'd do nothing and just go in the season like this to tank... Days later we acquired Subban, then Gusev etc etc

When he'd claim the Devils problem were 100% the coaching or management. He'd shut down any claim that goaltending was the problem lol i mean come on. That's just wanting to obsess about having ONE scapegoat 

Now both shero and hynes are gone, his new victim is Hughes. I guess you can call that a variety but it's still not good.

And it's always the same thing, for all of those he'd dig and dig on the negatives and make sh!t up about them... and would absolutely refuse to consider or hear anything positive about them. Thats just trolling

lol this is funny coming from you.

18 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Not that I don't enjoy reading your regular posts but I always find your posts when you're pissed off and salty entertaining lol I have no problem with almost anyone saying whatever they want. 

I don't even think Daniel is a bad poster or anything like that. I just don't agree with giving up on an 18 year old and labeling him a bust when we have had a nightmare of a season with a horrible system and 2 horrible head coaches. There has to be some sort of patience that Hughes will have a better season next year. Trading him away now leaves the possibility that he ends up becoming an amazing player somewhere else while we watch from afar is a much worse situation to me. If he has a horrible year next year then I'll be more concerned. 

lol thanks.  This team is really testing my sanity and it is close to being at DEFCON 1 (watched Wargames again the other day and have that on my mind).

I don't think he is a bad poster at all either.  He has strong opinions but he doesn't go around calling individuals names either.

• Like 1