GDT: Penguins @ Devils 7PM

Nicomo

15 hours ago, Nicomo said:

As stacked as that USA team was not a single one of Jack’s teammates are in the NHL yet. The rest of those kids are off at college. So as disappointing as his season has been, you’d still have to ignore the circumstances to actually be so doom and gloom about where he is development-wise. What I don’t get is having an opinion set in stone after 60 games. Other than the immense pressure, and unfair expectations of him being a #1OA. 

One of the other things I find the most irritating is this claim that Jack is getting so much more of an opportunity than the other rookies from his draft. 

Here’s the ATOI of the 3 lottery picks:

Hughes - 15:52

Kakko - 14:20

Dach: 14:14

So while he is averaging a couple more shifts per game, he’s also on the worst team of the three. The Rags top scorer has 94 points. The Blackhawks has 82. The Devils...45. Bit of a difference, no? Jack is currently one point behind Dach, and two behind Kakko. None of them is lighting it up, yet we get proclamations that Kakko will be the next Draisaitl, Dach is on his way to being a future star, and Jack is the next Nail Yakupov. Idc what anyone says, that is CHOOSING to be negative. 

Comparing one player who is having a disappointing season to another who is having a disappointing season doesn't make things better.

11 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I'm referring to a Johansen-Seth Jones type trade, I'm not looking to trade the guy for freaking Jake Muzzin.  There might not even BE that type of trade available.  I'm just saying if we wind up with another high-drafted center it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to try to trade him for a young defenseman.

Yeah.... no.