Sign in to follow this  
Nicomo

GDT: Penguins @ Devils 7PM

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think his attitude is a problem, but in a different way.  He just seems happy no matter what’s going on around him.  Too damned happy.  Why shouldn’t he be?  He gets top dollar regardless of how he or his team is performing.  Guy just reeks of complacency.  I know I’ve said this, but man he would’ve been SO perfect on those late 90s-early 00s Ranger teams.  Comically so.

yeah i kind of wish he would have been a Ranger... then i would have saved a lot of time on here not having to prove and argue about him being overrated, overpaid, etc etc lol

Seriously though its weird. I mean he's always been egomaniac and all but he was always giving his 200% every shift. It looked like the guy wanted to win. But as his career went on it's like he's more interested in being a famous personality than a good hockey player. I really do think wtv article suggesting that he just had too much on his plate and wasn't focused enough on hockey might be up to something.

Edited by SterioDesign

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah i kind of wish he would have been a Ranger... then i would have saved a lot of time on here not having to prove and argue about him being overrated, overpaid, etc etc lol

the way this season is going, i can almost guarantee you the rangers would get Norris finalist Subban and not “wait did we actually acquire Malcolm” Subban.

We played like we have Coronavirus and the final score reflected that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

the way this season is going, i can almost guarantee you the rangers would get Norris finalist Subban and not “wait did we actually acquire Malcolm” Subban.

I don't think so though.

Remember Shattenkirk? lol

Any of you guys there tonight? How was the attendance? Seemed like an ok showing for a Tuesday night despite the virus concerns. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I see that we’ll have legit lottery winning odds again this year.  Maybe we’ll actually get a good player this time around.  

So if Hughes becomes a "good player" you'll drop this whole misery shtick?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Literally no chance he does that lol.

Daniel, not Hughes. 

Edited by mfitz804

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Any of you guys there tonight? How was the attendance? Seemed like an ok showing for a Tuesday night despite the virus concerns. 

It was a decent crowd, I was surprised. Lots of pens fans though, especially in the lower bowl on the side the devils defend twice. 

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm all for encouraging wishful thinking but we all know that isn't happening lol

And by that i don't mean that Hughes isn't becoming a good player... i mean Daniel dropping the misery shtick, that's his whole identity 

13 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

oh my sweet summer child

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Good crowd lots of pens fans however

58 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

He won’t be a good player

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

image.gif.dbe8421c167513c6e00c837ef5686081.gif

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

image.gif.dbe8421c167513c6e00c837ef5686081.gif

Because he’s got the emotional stability of a seven year old girl. Because he has no friends in real life so he depends on making absurd statements online to get a reaction. Because good attention or bad attention is still attention, and that’s what he wants more than anything in the world. When he was sitting alone at the lunch table in fifth grade, he just wanted to be noticed.

Because this forum moderation doesn’t want people saying the word for male genitalia in 2020, but is perfectly okay with the fact that allowing trolls to continue to cry for attention is the reason there are 3 people who contribute 95% of the posts in a given day. 

I haven’t posted much lately. I missed this place so i joined in while watching the game. And then I remembered why everyone left in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Because he’s got the emotional stability of a seven year old girl. Because he has no friends in real life so he depends on making absurd statements online to get a reaction. Because good attention or bad attention is still attention, and that’s what he wants more than anything in the world. When he was sitting alone at the lunch table in fifth grade, he just wanted to be noticed.

Because this forum moderation doesn’t want people saying the word for male genitalia in 2020, but is perfectly okay with the fact that allowing trolls to continue to cry for attention is the reason there are 3 people who contribute 95% of the posts in a given day. 

I haven’t posted much lately. I missed this place so i joined in while watching the game. And then I remembered why everyone left in the first place. 

this feel quite accurate

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Hughes was the youngest player ever for the United States team at the Worlds and was playing on a team full of top flight NHL talent and is holding his own just fine, as contrasted with Eichel and Matthews who got top line minutes playing with, at best, average pros.  As a 17 year old Hughes excelled against college players, many of whom are older than 22.  He could have entered the NHL 18 months ago and he'd probably be one of the twenty fastest skaters in the league. 

The only source of this ridiculous concept that Hughes is not going to be a good player I can think of would be David Conte or Connor Chatham. 

Edited by MB3
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

14173493-8443-4539-81C3-6B22133D657E.jpeg

The whole size obsession is really quite silly. It’s 2020 ffs. Jack’s brother Quinn might win the Calder this year, and he’s the exact same size (actually Jack might be a hair taller). 

spacer.png

I mean even if Hughes doesn't end up being the best player in this draft? What the hell were we supposed to do? He was projected to be the best player and we picked him. All scouts were all agreeing and everyone here agreed too.

Remember how the few suggesting that Kakko miiiiight be a better pick here were shut down right away?! lol Like it was preposterous to even consider anyone else but Hughes. And the reasoning behind picking Kakko were actually not terrible, it made sense.

Imagine for a second if we would have went off the board and pick Dach? lol Who someone here recently said will be a better player than Jack. I mean come on. lol

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

The whole size obsession is really quite silly. It’s 2020 ffs. Jack’s brother Quinn might win the Calder this year, and he’s the exact same size (actually Jack might be a hair taller). 

spacer.png

What you can see in the picture is that Quinn is actually down on one knee......

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Daniel said:

I don't know whether this is just you having a dark sense of humour where you find this funny, or its a coping mechanism for the team being terrible. But if it's neither of these things I think you need to step back and maybe take a break from the team for a while. 

Because this doesn't seem to bring you an ounce of enjoyment right now. And this is supposed to be fun. If you can't find anything to enjoy or be positive about maybe skip the rest of the season and come back after the draft. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

Honestly, I’m not in favor of censoring anyone’s negative opinions, but there comes a point where you can tell it’s not genuine and it’s just pure trolling for the poster’s own entertainment. 

And there is, in my opinion, a distinction to be drawn between good natured ribbing like I do with Zacha, and what Daniel does. He comes across as not even being a fan of this team whatsoever. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I was at the game and was surprised at how many people were there. MSG had a sold out Allman Brothers show as well which I find even more interesting since they have an older fan base. People really don't seem too concerned so far. 

https://www.nj.com/devils/2020/03/nj-coronavirus-update-why-devils-fans-continue-to-attend-games-despite-outbreak-concerns.html

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I don't know whether this is just you having a dark sense of humour where you find this funny, or its a coping mechanisms for the team being terrible. But if it's neither of these things I think you need to step back and maybe take a break from the team for a while. 

Because this doesn't seem to bring you an ounce of enjoyment right now. And this is supposed to be fun. If you can't find anything to enjoy or be positive about maybe skip the rest of the season and come back after the draft. 

See the source image

10 hours ago, MB3 said:

No, they'd get the same version of him that we've been treated to.

BUT, somehow they'd manage to flip him somewhere else and not only get that team to take on the rest of PK's full salary, but even get some piece back that ends up working out entirely too well for them.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1