NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

Petit jury duty in Hunterdon County is cancelled for next week.  Received text saying that duty is fulfilled.  Thank you for being available. Good for 3 years I think. Kinda glad considering my health situation and age.

People in Walmart were nuts and all I went in for was aluminum foil and yeast.  Even the yeast was gone.🤨

Edited by StarDew
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

DoD is on a stop movement, so people are restricted to 50 miles of their respective bases. Which is phenomenal for those who are at bases in the middle of freaking nowhere...

Those bases in the middle of nowhere will be the happiest once the zombies start

6 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Those bases in the middle of nowhere will be the happiest once the zombies start

I mean we already have the crack/meth heads that look like zombies, but even they’re wearing masks.

This also was a topic of discussion two days ago before a flight, and we came up with a ton of contingencies to save everyone. You’re welcome in advance.

All kidding aside, though, the worst part is the lack of essentials: milk, bread, meats, etc. we have freaking meat and dairy farms all around but it all gets shipped out to other freaking states. So damn dumb.

Edited by jagknife

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL I actually figured if there was one weasel who wouldn't pay up it would be Dolan.  I guess the millionaire NBA/NHL players will keep having to do what the billionaire owners should be doing.

Kudos to the players doing that but I think it's ridiculous that they even have to. It's peanuts for the billionaire owners and they were going to have to pay it originally anyway. It's so scummy and I'm so happy that we don't support a team whose owners would do something so scummy. I know some people give our owners sh!t but I like them and they seem like generally good people. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL I actually figured if there was one weasel who wouldn't pay up it would be Dolan.  I guess the millionaire NBA/NHL players will keep having to do what the billionaire owners should be doing.

I hate the NBA but Zion impressed the sh!t out of me offering up to pay for the workers. The kid is 19 and here he is, digging into his own pocket, regardless of how much he has in it, to pay. I know at that age, regardless of the PR or not, I dunno if I'd do it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Flames players are now donating to a fun started gofundme page.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1964902

How is everyone doing, otherwise? Anyone know people being quarantined?

That's pretty cool. It's nice to see that the players are pretty grounded and understand that they play a game for a living and make great money, and they're generous enough to support the people who make way less and help enable them to play that game in front of thousands.  

I don't know anyone that's been quarantined, and so far I'm doing alright.  I didn't do anything yesterday, just worked around the house and did some yard work. It's unseasonably hot this weekend, even for FL, so I'm about to go to the beach in a couple hours with a small group of friends.  Trying not to let the virus keep me from feeling normal.  Apparently Italy has quarantined their entire country except for emergency services and things like food/gas stores, so who knows if that's going to happen here too eventually....might as well try to get outside for a little bit just in case. 

I have a friend based in Italy (air force) him and is wife have been posting the 3 week descent into madness that spread through that country. This was his latest post...

I don’t want to add to all the Coronavirus posts, but to all of my friends back in the States who continue to complain about how this virus “is not a big deal”... it is. Cable news outlets that “cry wolf” every day have conditioned us to not trust the media and assume everything is just being blown out of proportion, so here is some perspective: Italy’s first Coronavirus case was confirmed on February 21. 95% of the data at that point was coming out of China, so both the Italian government and people (myself included) were slow to recognize the risk and nonchalant about taking action.

Today, 21 days later, there are over 17,000 confirmed cases and over 1,200 deaths in a county with roughly the same land area as Arizona. Most of the dead were elderly. The hospitals are overwhelmed and forced to turn away patients they deem less likely to survive so they can use their resources on those they think they can save. It’s “no big deal” until it’s your parents and grandparents getting turned away at the hospital. This isn’t political. No party or person created the virus, and don’t expect any politician to save your grandma. This doesn’t mean it’s time to panic and clear the grocery store shelves and move into your doomsday shelter, but it’s time to stop diminishing the situation and accept it for that it is. It is up to each person to stop complaining about events being canceled, stop pointing fingers, and start making changes in their daily lives before it’s too late for someone else.

The US is really only into week two of COVID19 in the wild? Growing sentiment in my circle of doctors and government friends is we have less than a week now before mandatory quarantines kick in for New jersey. The voluntary stuff isn't working with everyone still going out and partying like its St Patty's day 2019. Hoboken closed their bars on one of the busiest weekends of the year. Teaneck just got told to self quarantine, the state won't be far behind.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

I have a friend based in Italy (air force) him and is wife have been posting the 3 week descent into madness that spread through that country. This was his latest post...

The US is really only into week two of COVID19 in the wild? Growing sentiment in my circle of doctors and government friends is we have less than a week now before mandatory quarantines kick in for New jersey. The voluntary stuff isn't working with everyone still going out and partying like its St Patty's day 2019. Hoboken closed their bars on one of the busiest weekends of the year. Teaneck just got told to self quarantine, the state won't be far behind.

sh!t is serious. Very serious. If I lived to be 100 years old, I never thought I’d ever see anything like this in my life. 

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, DevilMinder said:

Rockland county had its first death from the virus. So going back to visit is now impossible, on top of the travel restriction to NYC already imposed. Also anyone trying to PCS (permanent change of station, aka - new assignment) is now on hold.

I’m with @MadDog2020 on this one, never thought I’d see something like this in my lifetime.

stay safe everyone

• Like 1

Italy has a very large population of still active 70, 80 and 90 year olds.. must be due to that great food.. they got hit first.. like  a tidal wave..   I understand the impact..

but if we keep the supermarkets open and stores ,exchanging money by the millions per day.. I really dont see these school and sports closings doing much of anything.. everything needs to be shut down for 14 days.. to find out where we are at..