NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

Just had our first death in Freehold, NJ (Centrastate) which is 10 minutes from me. I've pretty much decided that my usual  Sunday cup of coffee on main street isn't that desirable anymore.

Wonder if the ECHL completely cancelling the season will trickle up to the bigger leagues.

I've been staying home, with literally everything I do entertainment wise being canceled I don't have any need nor desire to go out just to go out. Obviously not everyone can work from home but too many people are going out just to go out because they aren't taking this seriously. We could end it quicker if people would just stay home. It shouldn't be difficult to make short term sacrifices such as skipping bars and parties to be better off in the long run. At least one of our guys gets it... 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

We seem to be getting close to full lockdown here in Ohio. Our governor is closing all dine-in restaurants, bars, etc. Count me as another that never thought they’d see anything like this. 

I also saw that the movie Outbreak is in the top 10 on Netflix right now. Wtf is wrong with people? Lol

20 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We seem to be getting close to full lockdown here in Ohio. Our governor is closing all dine-in restaurants, bars, etc. Count me as another that never thought they’d see anything like this. 

I also saw that the movie Outbreak is in the top 10 on Netflix right now. Wtf is wrong with people? Lol

We don't have sports to watch.

It is amazing that when we now have more outlets to avoid actual social interaction and still keep up with each other and live our lives (ordering takeout instead of dining out, using Facetime and texting instead of in-person gatherings, shopping remotely), we're less willing to actually use them when it's neccesary.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yes, but that’s the last thing in the world people should be watching. Talk about increasing panic...

At least coronavirus doesn’t have an insanely high mortality rate, unlike the virus in Outbreak, which basically killed within a day or two after infection, regardless of age, general health, etc.  I can’t imagine if something like some super strain of Ebola ever got out in real life...Jesus H.  I’d never leave the damned house.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

At least coronavirus doesn’t have an insanely high mortality rate, like the virus in Outbreak, which basically killed within a day or two after infection, regardless of age, general health, etc.  I can’t imagine if something like some super strain of Ebola ever got out in real life...Jesus H.  I’d never leave the damned house.  

Right, they aren’t even close to the same. But people are ridiculous that they are choosing to watch that now. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right, they aren’t even close to the same. But people are ridiculous that they are choosing to watch that now. 

Suffice it to say it wouldn’t be my first, second, or 47377th choice to watch right now.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the lesser-known (but far superior) Contagion is seeing an increase in viewership as well.  

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

My office just closed for tomorrow. We have a conference call tomorrow afternoon to determine next steps. 

My brothers too, straight up persona non grata on premises. I feel bad for anyone having a wedding/event in the next 8 weeks, pretty much not happening now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

My brothers too, straight up persona non grata on premises. I feel bad for anyone having a wedding/event in the next 8 weeks, pretty much not happening now.

My buddy is holding out hope his will be okay just outside of 8 weeks. But I think higher ups will make that call for him...

we still have no guidance for tomorrow except no flying

Edited by jagknife

17 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

EIGHT WEEKS?  Jesus Christ, forget about this NHL season.  That puts us in mid-May at best.

Already had a couple folks cancel weddings over the next few months.. what a crazy week.

16 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Best of 3s or 5s? Still end by July?

Someone mentioned on Twitter that the free agents are without contract as of 7/1. Unless they can figure out some way to bridge them to the end of playoffs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Someone mentioned on Twitter that the free agents are without contract as of 7/1. Unless they can figure out some way to bridge them to the end of playoffs.

Don’t they not get paid for the post season as it is, and it’s all bonuses once they make it? I’m probably horrendously misinformed though...