NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Imagine being the SC champion and getting 4 weeks off. 

58 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That would be absolutely ridiculous. 

I think any team would gladly trade 4 weeks off for a Stanley Cup. They also are gonna have at least 3.5 months off from now until July. It's certainly not ideal by any means and it may end up getting completely canceled anyway but I still think any team would gladly trade some time off for a Stanley Cup.

Especially since only 1 team(Pittsburgh) has won back to back Stanley Cups in the last 20 years anyway. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

3rd pairing and 4th liners dont get time with the cup, sorry guys...

Lol Miles Wood would probably only fall down with it anyway, he only needs out for like 2 minutes before someone takes it away for being irresponsible with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I think any team would gladly trade 4 weeks off for a Stanley Cup. They also are gonna have at least 3.5 months off from now until July. It's certainly not ideal by any means and it may end up getting completely canceled anyway but I still think any team would gladly trade some time off for a Stanley Cup.

Especially since only 1 team(Pittsburgh) has won back to back Stanley Cups in the last 20 years anyway. 

Playing like 30 games in a 2.5 month stretch then sitting out for about six weeks then going right into an 82-game or 70-game, whatever they're trying to squeeze in by starting in November is a severe disadvantage going into the next season and not exactly conducive to good health for teams with long playoff runs.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Playing like 30 games in a 2.5 month stretch then sitting out for about six weeks then going right into an 82-game or 70-game, whatever they're trying to squeeze in by starting in November is a severe disadvantage going into the next season and not exactly conducive to good health for teams with long playoff runs.

523914FB-B27F-402C-89ED-0748133289F8.jpeg

31 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Not to mention the off-season is for spending time with family and friends. Not like they can do that right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Not to mention the off-season is for spending time with family and friends. Not like they can do that right now. 

That’s the worst part.

I think they’d be better off just canceling The remainder of the regular season, skipping to the playoffs,  and starting camp in September per normal. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s the worst part.

I think they’d be better off just canceling The remainder of the regular season, skipping to the playoffs,  and starting camp in September per normal. 

Agreed. Engrave the Coronavirus’ name on the Cup and let’s get ready for 2021.

14 hours ago, MB3 said:

It’s not like “not finishing a season” is unprecedented in US sports. Just look at Donny Baseball’s best chance at a World Series.

You could very possibly have two that never get finished and another that never starts.  And that's just the NHL, NBA, and MLB.  Who knows what happens with everything else.  I don't know how anyone can attempt to put a timetable on anything right now.  

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Imagine being the SC loser and only getting 4 weeks off

Imagine having a contract for millions of dollars and not getting paid the money because they won't let you play.

By the time this is over, guys are going to want to get back to it so badly they won't care about details. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Most likely the first of many to come.  Stick a fork in this season.  That last projected schedule they put out and shown here is absurd and more importantly wishful thinking.

I don't think anyone in the NHL getting the virus will be the final fork in the season. They will quarentine and be fine way before any possibly date that the league would start up again. 

Nailed it!

my point is this is just what's likely to be the first of many.  All we're seeing now is just the tip of the iceberg.  To think the NHL or any other sport is even relevant to the larger discussion and issue is a stretch.  Our season was over ~ 4 months ago.  I personally think that compressed schedule is an unrealistic pipe dream.  Time will tell.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it truly truly sucks for the players of course but through this situation i have a very very long list of people i could feel really bad for before those millionaires living their dream.

Oh I don't feel bad for them either, that's for sure. I just think that after all of this time off, they are going to want to play no matter what it means, finishing this season, starting next season, whatever. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Oh I don't feel bad for them either, that's for sure. I just think that after all of this time off, they are going to want to play no matter what it means, finishing this season, starting next season, whatever. 

Yeah this for sure. This is what they do, and it will be a welcome return to "normal" for everyone