NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Quarantine Public Service Announcement:

If you have animals such as dogs, and you leave them outside all day And let them bark relentlessly, I will wish a tiny paper cut at the opening of your pee-hole that will never heal and each time you urinate it feels like you’re pissing salt water. 

Right? I work nights and trying to sleep while half the dogs in the neighborhood are barking back and forth at each other is enough to send someone over the edge. We have a large dog with a really loud bark, and if he starts up we instantly bring him in. You know, that whole being courteous to others, and acknowledging there’s other fvcking people in this world...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Right? I work nights and trying to sleep while half the dogs in the neighborhood are barking back and forth at each other is enough to send someone over the edge. We have a large dog with a really loud bark, and if he starts up we instantly bring him in. You know, that whole being courteous to others, and acknowledging there’s other fvcking people in this world...

At one point, I had Three dogs: a dog found in the NW Florida swamp, and two local dogs. Each have deep barks. If they bark more than a few times, we pull them in. Our douchebag neighbors have dogs that not only bark like little ducking a-holes, but also literally eat our fence. I honestly cannot wait to leave this town for greener pastures.

Also, the Animal Control/local PD are friends with this jackass since he is a townie, and is proud to not have to leave it. 

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

my kid neighbors have a trampoline that they leave out year round. Nothing more annoying than screaming kids and constantly squeaking trampoline springs 10 hours a day

Mine have a trampoline too. How many kids are you talking about?

3 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

my kid neighbors have a trampoline that they leave out year round. Nothing more annoying than screaming kids and constantly squeaking trampoline springs 10 hours a day

to be fair many kids have to go through hearing their parents bed squeaking and screaming too

• Haha 1
  • Shocking 1

On 3/20/2020 at 9:19 PM, jagknife said:

I believe they will play in the summer. That player proposal makes a ton of sense, IMO

Everything I read makes me think a return to any sort of normalcy will be way longer off than Summer. A week ago that may have seemed like a possibility but with the way this is trending I just cannot see how any crowds will be cleared before Fall at the earliest.

I'm sure leagues are already coming up with contingency plans for next season because imo the best case scenario is opening night is played as scheduled but with no fans in attendance. At least that's what I have in my head and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

How's everyone doing? Anyone know someone directly with Covid19? SO many cases in NJ I stopped paying attention to the new ones.

Been working remote for 3 days and already seem some major downsides.

• Teleconference calls never work 100%, poor mikes, tech glitches etc.
  • Nobody works 8-5 anymore, been fielding calls from 7 in the morning to 10PM now while people take care of kids etc. Gets tiring when you can't take a break!

My company falls under the manufacturing exception in NJ, so fortunately we're able to stay open.  I had a number of panicked employees who were terrified that we were going to have to shut down...many of them are living from paycheck to paycheck.  Unfortunately we had a meh first quarter and we have a lot of money tied up in material orders for future jobs, so I wouldn't have been able to pay them in the event of a long closure.  

I'm here, and my essential crew that handles all control panel fabrication are here too...our building is quite spacious (especially the shop area), so everyone is able to spread out.  My admin and office workers are mostly working from home.  We have a huge sign on all of our doors that make it clear that no one outside of my employees are allowed inside the building at this time.  Doing all that we can to stay safe and somehow keep up some level of production.  In a perfect world, we'd be able to close, but most of our customers are open too, and many of them have made it a point to tell us that they really need us to get them their products so that THEY don't miss THEIR customers' deadlines.  I check in with everyone here often just to make sure that they are OK with still coming into work (and making it clear that should they have any issues with anything at all, that they are allowed to tell me that, and not have to worry about being penalized for it in any way).  So far, those who are here do want to be here, as long as we're all taking every last precaution possible.  

Don't know anyone personally yet who's been infected.  Really hope it stays that way, but I don't know how it possibly can.  My parents are in Lauderdale By The Sea in their condo, and the weather has been beautiful...and they say it's like a ghost town.  My dad is undergoing treatment for another bout of prostate cancer...no radiation yet, just hormone therapy at this time.  He will have to come back up at some point for the radiation treatment (Sloan Kettering), and he's already made the decision to drive, instead of fly.  Even though it wasn't that warm out this weekend, it was definitely nice enough that my family (me, wife, and daughter) took a nice long walk each day.  I live in Clinton, which is very rural and quiet...walking on those peaceful streets, occasionally saying a friendly "Hello" here and there, you could almost trick yourself into forgetting that the world has been turned completely upside down in the space of a few months.  Almost.  

11 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

How's everyone doing? Anyone know someone directly with Covid19? SO many cases in NJ I stopped paying attention to the new ones.

• Nobody works 8-5 anymore, been fielding calls from 7 in the morning to 10PM now while people take care of kids etc. Gets tiring when you can't take a break!

My wife and I are both working from home, we have a 2 year old who we just so happened to start potty training last month so... its alot, I definitely understand the no 8-5, its just impossible unless you just sit him in front of the tv for 6 hours.

Biggest issue for me is all of the middle aged folks who don't know how to mute their damn mics on ZOOM, or have speakers on and we get terrible feedback. Other than that the commute is nice :)

Got word yesterday from work that we are to work from home until at least April 3rd.

My wife, who is a mental health counselor, is forced to do tele-sessions going forward as her brick and mortar group practice she is part of is closed.  While she does have a decent amount of people signed up for tele-health she cannot add people while this is going on.  If the number of clients keep dwindling, then she is basically out of work and is already preparing to file for unemployment.

My brother works as the general manager of a custom office furniture manufacturer.  Mostly high-end stuff.  The company has approx. 40 employees and all have been laid off except 5.  He is one of the 5 and he is working from home.  Unfortunately, he said he only has enough steady work to last another 1-2 weeks as the work has dried up due to the virus.  He is also planning to file for unemployment.

I am right now in the belief that the 19-20 season is lost for good and that at best the 20-21 season will be an abbreviated one.  This isn't going to be gone by end of May; more like maybe August/Sept at the earliest.

12 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Not yet but unfortunately it’s probably only a matter of time until my nurse friend gets it, since their hospital (like most) still doesn’t have enough masks and already several positive cases in their unit. Fortunately she’s in her 30’s so it shouldn’t be debilitating long term but you can’t have the people who we need to take care of everyone else getting sick too.

On 3/20/2020 at 1:34 PM, Cachorro Louco said:
Yet, construction are deemed essential and allowed to proceed... even if 98% or more of those projects right now are not emergency... 

It’s not essential obviously, but by the same token if they can fix some roads without endangering themselves or anyone else might as well do it the next few weeks while there’s obviously going to be light traffic most of the day. 

Edited by NJDevs4978

I've stopped following the news at this point beside a quick look in the morning and night online. There's no reason to listen to all these politicians talk about the same stuff for hours on end. There's nothing more I can do nor need to hear. 

We are all home and have enough food that we don't have to go out for at least 3 weeks. Already haven't been out(in public spaces not outside) since the Devils last game anyway. 

25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The Summer Olympics just got postponed until 2021. We’re not getting back to “normal” anytime soon. 

The Olympics being postponed has more to do with the qualifying events that were supposed be going on currently and up until almost the start of the Olympics being postponed as well. Training as well. Having to push all these events back would push it into a fall/winter Olympics so it just makes more sense to just postpone it to next year at this point. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The Olympics being postponed has more to do with the qualifying events that were supposed be going on currently and up until almost the start of the Olympics being postponed as well. Training as well. Having to push all these events back would push it into a fall/winter Olympics so it just makes more sense to just postpone it to next year at this point. 

True, but I don’t know that things will really be back to normal by this summer. Although the warm weather is supposed to help slow it down, but unfortunately it sounds like it would just come right back in the fall. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

True, but I don’t know that things will really be back to normal by this summer. Although the warm weather is supposed to help slow it down, but unfortunately it sounds like it would just come right back in the fall. 

I don't think things will be back to normal but I also think most people thought the summer was kind of a long shot anyway-- especially for an event like the Olympics where thousands of people from all over the globe converge in 1 place. It doesn't surprise me, anyway.

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't think things will be back to normal but I also think most people thought the summer was kind of a long shot anyway-- especially for an event like the Olympics where thousands of people from all over the globe converge in 1 place. It doesn't surprise me, anyway.

Yeah, the only surprise was that they waited so long to announce it.