NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

I knew this was coming about Harris. 

they kept all part time employees and are paying them with no revenue coming in. 

asking high paying salaries employees to take a cut (where oh by the way they can go to unemployment and get 70% of reduced hours back) so that no employee loses their job is reasonable. 

as for Harris’ money. Yes, it’s ludicrous amount and even though about 30% of it was wiped out in the last 2 weeks. 

but you still run businesses. 

the cheap owner narrative is also bullsh!t. 

• Like 1

This says it's only temporary and they get paid the money back starting in July? So who is wrong here? 

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2020/03/23/coronavirus-nj-devils-76-ers-temporarily-reducing-staff-salaries/2904749001/

"The difference will be paid beginning in July and moving forward throughout the calendar year." 

First person popped positive in the town I live in. And since we’re such a small town in the middle of freaking nowhere... been nice knowing you all (until I recover from being sick)

honestly I’m more worried about my wife catching it (asthma) than me or the twins. So of course it puts my mind at ease with her being a nurse at the hospital... 

Edited by jagknife

33 minutes ago, jagknife said:

First person popped positive in the town I live in. And since we’re such a small town in the middle of freaking nowhere... been nice  knowing you all (until I recover from being sick)

honestly I’m more worried about my wife catching it (asthma) than me or the twins. So of course it puts my mind at ease with her being a nurse at the hospital... 

some of the at risk staff were the first to get sent home where I work.

Remember when we all applauded the owners for being in front of the curve and paying employees during the pandemic?

Yeah that was a pleasant fiction for two weeks... our owners are really cheap fvcks for being billionaires...

Look a few posts up from yours.

10 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

This says it's only temporary and they get paid the money back starting in July? So who is wrong here? 

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2020/03/23/coronavirus-nj-devils-76-ers-temporarily-reducing-staff-salaries/2904749001/

"The difference will be paid beginning in July and moving forward throughout the calendar year." 

I can’t imagine the team can’t afford to pay everyone their salary, but who knows how much that really is. If it’s just delaying 20% until July, I guess that’s better. 

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Remember when we all applauded the owners for being in front of the curve and paying employees during the pandemic?

Yeah that was a pleasant fiction for two weeks... our owners are really cheap fvcks for being billionaires...

This is not really fair.  

Like others have noted, the "big bad billionaires" are still paying their employees something (80+%), as opposed to flat-out layoffs.  And it's not like their interests aren't taking a big hit right now...I'm sure they have investments that are getting just as destroyed as everyone else's.  

• Like 2

On another note...................

I'm scrolling ahead on the NHL Network because I enjoy those 'Raising The Cup' games they'll play in sequential order.

Wouldn't you know it..............from what I can gather, the programming ends with the '94 Cup and the next one I see is the '18 Cup

Anyone notice this?

50 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This is not really fair.  

Like others have noted, the "big bad billionaires" are still paying their employees something (80+%), as opposed to flat-out layoffs.  And it's not like their interests aren't taking a big hit right now...I'm sure they have investments that are getting just as destroyed as everyone else's.  

In Abbey's article she says 

"The difference will be paid beginning in July and moving forward throughout the calendar year." 

This is exactly the problem I have with certain media outlets and social media. They clearly leave out the whole story and Harris was getting dragged for absolutely no reason. 

I have a bunch of friends getting laid off because of budget cuts now cause of this mess and others taking legit salary cuts without eventually being paid back the difference. 

This is more than a fair deal by the owners but now only part of the story was tweeted out by that idiot and now people think the owners are absolutely horrible for delaying the salary for a few months and then paying it back. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

In Abbey's article she says 

"The difference will be paid beginning in July and moving forward throughout the calendar year." 

This is exactly the problem I have with certain media outlets and social media. They clearly leave out the whole story and Harris was getting dragged for absolutely no reason. 

I have a bunch of friends getting laid off because of budget cuts now cause of this mess and others taking legit salary cuts without eventually being paid back the difference. 

This is more than a fair deal by the owners but now only part of the story was tweeted out by that idiot and now people think the owners are absolutely horrible for delaying the salary for a few months and then paying it back. 

Randy Miller at NJ dot com even has "Heartless!" in his headline this morning in his article about it.

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

How are they cheap?  They are keeping everyone employed and will pay back those employees when things get back to normal. 

I do think they start to open the country back up soon and end the quarentine... (keeping borders closed and not flying internationally for now). Cant keep everyone on lockdown for a virus with a lower mortality rate then the flu.  The longer the economy and USA is shut down the worse it will be for everyone, most jobs and depression which will be far worse then this virus which is easy to overcome if not in poor health or above 80

7 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

How are they cheap?  They are keeping everyone employed and will pay back those employees when things get back to normal. 

I do think they start to open the country back up soon and end the quarentine... (keeping borders closed and not flying internationally for now). Cant keep everyone on lockdown for a virus with a lower mortality rate then the flu.  The longer the economy and USA is shut down the worse it will be for everyone, most jobs and depression which will be far worse then this virus which is easy to overcome if not in poor health or above 80

define "soon". Everything that we have seen in other countries is the best case scenario is the curve flattens in May.

Again it's not just mortality rate that you have to consider, its the ease at which the virus is transmitted, how many are asymptomatic/transmitting without knowing it and the incredibly high rate that requires hospitalization.

Singapore just re-instituted a lockdown today because they ended theirs too early and saw a second wave. We can't make the same mistake.

22 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

Problem is in that entire thread on twitter nobody mentions that very important part.

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL at people jumping on the owners for a temporary 20% cut of people in high salaried jobs while paying the little guys in full.

yeah that's just showing people true colours. Like in politics and everything else. Just blindly jumping to whatever conclusions that supports their opinion about the person. 

14 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL at people jumping on the owners for a temporary 20% cut of people in high salaried jobs while paying the little guys in full.

It's not even just temporary, they are still paying them back the difference starting in July and throughout the year. They aren't losing anything overall. 

Gotta love when you see fans who stop supporting the team financially when the team is not playing well enough for them... then goes and try to sh!t on the owners for "not showing support" and paying their employees only a % of their salaries, in such a hard time when they are losing TONS of money lol

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah that's just showing people true colours. Like in politics and everything else. Just blindly jumping to whatever conclusions that supports their opinion about the person. 

Forgive me for reading something at 0445, and having a knee jerk reaction before my rational thought process kicked in.

sorry to have offended so many people but for fvcks sake don’t act so pious and moral.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

Forgive me for reading something at 0445, and having a knee jerk reaction before my rational thought process kicked in.

sorry to have offended so many people but for fvcks sake don’t act so pious and moral.

was not really referring to you specifically. Just in general on here, twitter, fb etc etc I didnt even really pay attention as to who said what. I just replied to that other comment. 

Edited by SterioDesign

38 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Hard to blame anyone who reads that Twitter thread since it completely leaves out the most important part.