NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

This is the weirdest sick i’ve ever been. Woke up this morning and told my wife i was about 15 minutes away from needing a hospital. It felt like i had been running wind sprints. 

Within 5 minutes of saying that, i felt okay-ish. 2 hours later i felt like i was completely and totally over it except for lingering throat and lung discomfort. Now i’m back in bed wondering if i’m going to need a hospital. 

Stay the fvck home. 

This fricken thing is a nasty lung attacker..  I'm not a conspiracy type but man it appears genetically engineered..  just rest, man...

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

She has tested positive for the virus. Still very mild symptoms right now, hopefully it stays that way.

Myself and my daughter are presumptive positive having minor cold symptoms. 

sh!t, sorry to hear that.  Prayers for a speedy recovery.  

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Thanks boys.

Don’t worry, I don’t think I’m contagious here, I have antivirus software.

Well done.  Coronavirus can't kill a sense of humor!

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

This is the weirdest sick i’ve ever been. Woke up this morning and told my wife i was about 15 minutes away from needing a hospital. It felt like i had been running wind sprints. 

Within 5 minutes of saying that, i felt okay-ish. 2 hours later i felt like i was completely and totally over it except for lingering throat and lung discomfort. Now i’m back in bed wondering if i’m going to need a hospital. 

Stay the fvck home. 

Damn, sorry to hear that.  I didn't go a page back so I'm probably missing information, but do you have the virus, or just something similar?

26 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

sh!t, sorry to hear that.  Prayers for a speedy recovery. 

Thanks man. Reports on this thing are true, it definitely affects different people different ways. Some people get a cold, others end up in intensive care. All you can do is hope for the best. Thus far, we’re lucky. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

Stay the fvck home. 

The accounts I have been reading all seem to have the same up and down pattern for the ones who get sicker. Hope you keep an eye on it, still no offer to test for COVID yet? In new Jersey trouble breathing is the main reason people are told to go to the ER.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

yes! who the fvck knew not to take ibuprofen? well i definitely didn’t but the virtual doctor said basically to hide my ibuprofen bottles so i don’t take it by accident. i was told to try to let my body fight the fever as much as possible and when it got unbearable to take tylenol.

ive been taking lukewarm baths and they help with the fever tremendously.    

The other issue with that, of course, is that a-holes have hoarded all the Tylenol and you’re lucky if you find any. 

20 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

She has tested positive for the virus. Still very mild symptoms right now, hopefully it stays that way.

Myself and my daughter are presumptive positive having minor cold symptoms. 

Hope you all get through this as painlessly as possible.

So far, as far as people that I “know” goes, it’s only people on this site who are infected.  No work associates/customers, family members, or friends...yet.  I live in Hunterdon County, and it hasn’t come close to exploding here the way that it has in other areas.  People here are at least appearing to show some intelligence...lots of people walking around outside, but giving each other VERY wide berths.  A few neighbors had a very brief “six foot get together” where they brought a drink or two and hung out...but never came closer than 6 feet from each other.  I didn’t partake.  Just doesn’t feel right.

Some of the local restaurant owners are starting to complain (we’ve been getting some take-out here and there, to try to support some of these places)...they feel like things really aren’t bad enough in Hunterdon County for them to be restricted to take-out and delivery.  I feel for them but at the same time I think starting to go back to “business as usual” for restaurants is just begging for disastrous consequences (not that that will happen anytime soon), even out it in the relative “sticks”.  Most people that I talk to around here seem to get that we’re all in the same boat, and aren’t bitching about our new alternate and dark reality...but there’s definitely the entitled folk who act like they’re being unfairly inconvenienced, and still act like this thing is somehow not all that close...bitching about being “pent up” or “shut in”.  I should show them MB3’s posts about what he’s going through.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The other issue with that, of course, is that a-holes have hoarded all the Tylenol and you’re lucky if you find any. 

You guys out? I can literally try to two-day ship a big bottle tomorrow (overnight isn’t available here, if you can believe it).

and that goes for anyone, it seems our small town is ALMOST out of the initial stock pile hysteria so I’m willing to mail to people.

Edited by jagknife

14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

You guys out? I can literally try to two-day ship a big bottle tomorrow (overnight isn’t available here, if you can believe it).

and that goes for anyone, it seems our small town is ALMOST out of the initial stock pile hysteria so I’m willing to mail to people.

Thanks brother but I did find some at a small independent pharmacy. It wasn’t on the shelf, you had to “know somebody”. Which is a sh!tty business practice and I’m probably done shopping there. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Thanks brother but I did find some at a small independent pharmacy. It wasn’t on the shelf, you had to “know somebody”. Which is a sh!tty business practice and I’m probably done shopping there. 

Awesome glad to hear it. We can’t find flour and rice in our stores, that’s about the worst of it now. We had to have a friend buy a 25 lbs bag of flour from Costco for us. Guess I’ll be practicing my baking lol

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Awesome glad to hear it. We can’t find flour and rice in our stores, that’s about the worst of it now. We had to have a friend buy a 25 lbs bag of flour from Costco for us. Guess I’ll be practicing my baking lol

I guess so lol. I managed a small bag of flour in my local supermarket, and only a small bag of Target brand brown rice. Who the fvck is like “I’m quarantined, I’m going to eat a sh!t ton of rice to survive”?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess so lol. I managed a small bag of flour in my local supermarket, and only a small bag of Target brand brown rice. Who the fvck is like “I’m quarantined, I’m going to eat a sh!t ton of rice to survive”?

Rice lasts forever, and it goes a long way. One of the best things to have other than can goods honestly. 

I haven't even gone out shopping wise since all this started. I normally have a decent stock of pasta and rice & beans from sales during the year anyway so mainly been eating that so I didn't need to buy much food wise like some of these crazy people buying everything in sight right when this was shutting down everything. You can make chicken last longer meal wise by putting it with rice and beans. 

Probably can go another week and a half to two without needing to go to the store. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

32 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Haha I don't eat a sh!t ton of it and definitely not by itself but mixing up some chicken with some rice and beans extends the meals a lot longer leftovers wise. 

11 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I used the same theory to buy a 6 pack of ramen noodles for the first time since I graduated college 20 years ago. 

I'm a ramen connoisseur and all you ramen casuals have made it impossible to find it for the last two weeks! I only just found some penne yesterday lol. 

• Like 1

I just got back from the store because I was running low on a lot of stuff. Its been two weeks since I went, they had a limit of 1 for almost everything so most stuff was in stock.

I burned my clothes and set my car on fire once I got home of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm a ramen connoisseur and all you ramen casuals have made it impossible to find it for the last two weeks! I only just found some penne yesterday lol. 

If it makes you feel better, I could only find the soy sauce flavor but desperate times call for desperate measures!  

• Haha 1