Satans Hockey

NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over. Lottery 6/26

11 hours ago, andy said:

The negative to that is if they discover you don't need to be physically present to do your job they'll be able to replace you with someone cheaper much easier.

Not necessarily the case, if your experience and simple brain-power are considered to be that invaluable, and your company decides they'd rather keep you than lose you.  But it will definitely be a case-by-case basis, and I'm sure quite a few of those cases will result in either someone leaving or getting fired.  Some of the people who are now working from home and doing just fine with that arrangement and haven't missed a beat are certain to dig in their heels and say "Why should I have to spend this much time out of my day and this much money commuting when I've shown that I can do just as well from my home?  If anything I can dedicate MORE time to work because now I don't have to waste time going to a building that I don't need to go to...hell, NEVER needed to go to!  At the very least, I shouldn't have to come in more than once or twice a week."        

11 hours ago, andy said:

The negative to that is if they discover you don't need to be physically present to do your job they'll be able to replace you with someone cheaper much easier.

I read somewhere that it is 7 times cheaper to keep an existing hire than it is to hire a replacement, even at a lower salary. 

I told my wife, during this whole work-from-home thing and with a likely recession that will follow, it’s time to show our offices how invaluable we are. Most people will probably produce less now that they’re home and free to do as they please, so if you can crank out work like an animal it’ll go a long way towards giving you job security when sh!t starts hitting the fan.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Two major things for this area announced... 

Yet, construction are deemed essential and allowed to proceed... even if 98% or more of those projects right now are not emergency... 

Edited by Cachorro Louco

I hope these a$$hole owners get bankrupted for some hidden bad business practices.

36 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

This season has to be over. I wonder what will happen with the draft/free agency. 

I believe they will play in the summer. That player proposal makes a ton of sense, IMO

Quarantine Public Service Announcement:

If you have animals such as dogs, and you leave them outside all day And let them bark relentlessly, I will wish a tiny paper cut at the opening of your pee-hole that will never heal and each time you urinate it feels like you’re pissing salt water. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

If you have animals such as dogs, and you leave them outside all day And let them bark relentlessly, I will wish a tiny paper cut at the opening of your pee-hole that will never heal and each time you urinate it feels like you’re pissing salt water. 

Regarding my neighbor’s six kids, same thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Right? I work nights and trying to sleep while half the dogs in the neighborhood are barking back and forth at each other is enough to send someone over the edge. We have a large dog with a really loud bark, and if he starts up we instantly bring him in. You know, that whole being courteous to others, and acknowledging there’s other fvcking people in this world...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Why are we so beastmode in these simulated games?

Because they aren’t based in reality. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Right? I work nights and trying to sleep while half the dogs in the neighborhood are barking back and forth at each other is enough to send someone over the edge. We have a large dog with a really loud bark, and if he starts up we instantly bring him in. You know, that whole being courteous to others, and acknowledging there’s other fvcking people in this world...

At one point, I had Three dogs: a dog found in the NW Florida swamp, and two local dogs. Each have deep barks. If they bark more than a few times, we pull them in. Our douchebag neighbors have dogs that not only bark like little ducking a-holes, but also literally eat our fence. I honestly cannot wait to leave this town for greener pastures.

Also, the Animal Control/local PD are friends with this jackass since he is a townie, and is proud to not have to leave it. 

On 3/20/2020 at 8:48 AM, mfitz804 said:

Or it could be a very boring draft that we see none of and its just done in private and we get Twitter updates. 

And follow along on NHL Network

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Regarding my neighbor’s six kids, same thing. 

my kid neighbors have a trampoline that they leave out year round. Nothing more annoying than screaming kids and constantly squeaking trampoline springs 10 hours a day

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

my kid neighbors have a trampoline that they leave out year round. Nothing more annoying than screaming kids and constantly squeaking trampoline springs 10 hours a day

Mine have a trampoline too. How many kids are you talking about?

3 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

to be fair many kids have to go through hearing their parents bed squeaking and screaming too

• Haha 1
  • Shocking 1

On 3/20/2020 at 9:19 PM, jagknife said:

I believe they will play in the summer. That player proposal makes a ton of sense, IMO

Everything I read makes me think a return to any sort of normalcy will be way longer off than Summer. A week ago that may have seemed like a possibility but with the way this is trending I just cannot see how any crowds will be cleared before Fall at the earliest.

I'm sure leagues are already coming up with contingency plans for next season because imo the best case scenario is opening night is played as scheduled but with no fans in attendance. At least that's what I have in my head and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

We got sent home to work remote for a minimum 3 weeks. Two weeks stopped being a choice when idiots kept going on like nothing was wrong.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Mine have a trampoline too. How many kids are you talking about?

its a 3 family apartment I couldn't even give you a solid number, I see kids come and go like an anthill, its incessant 

How's everyone doing? Anyone know someone directly with Covid19? SO many cases in NJ I stopped paying attention to the new ones.

Been working remote for 3 days and already seem some major downsides.

• Teleconference calls never work 100%, poor mikes, tech glitches etc.
  • Nobody works 8-5 anymore, been fielding calls from 7 in the morning to 10PM now while people take care of kids etc. Gets tiring when you can't take a break!

My mom in NJ works at a grocery store. My grandpa who has serious heart and health issues lives at home with her. 

I’m barely sleeping, to be honest.

My company falls under the manufacturing exception in NJ, so fortunately we're able to stay open.  I had a number of panicked employees who were terrified that we were going to have to shut down...many of them are living from paycheck to paycheck.  Unfortunately we had a meh first quarter and we have a lot of money tied up in material orders for future jobs, so I wouldn't have been able to pay them in the event of a long closure.  

I'm here, and my essential crew that handles all control panel fabrication are here too...our building is quite spacious (especially the shop area), so everyone is able to spread out.  My admin and office workers are mostly working from home.  We have a huge sign on all of our doors that make it clear that no one outside of my employees are allowed inside the building at this time.  Doing all that we can to stay safe and somehow keep up some level of production.  In a perfect world, we'd be able to close, but most of our customers are open too, and many of them have made it a point to tell us that they really need us to get them their products so that THEY don't miss THEIR customers' deadlines.  I check in with everyone here often just to make sure that they are OK with still coming into work (and making it clear that should they have any issues with anything at all, that they are allowed to tell me that, and not have to worry about being penalized for it in any way).  So far, those who are here do want to be here, as long as we're all taking every last precaution possible.  

Don't know anyone personally yet who's been infected.  Really hope it stays that way, but I don't know how it possibly can.  My parents are in Lauderdale By The Sea in their condo, and the weather has been beautiful...and they say it's like a ghost town.  My dad is undergoing treatment for another bout of prostate cancer...no radiation yet, just hormone therapy at this time.  He will have to come back up at some point for the radiation treatment (Sloan Kettering), and he's already made the decision to drive, instead of fly.  Even though it wasn't that warm out this weekend, it was definitely nice enough that my family (me, wife, and daughter) took a nice long walk each day.  I live in Clinton, which is very rural and quiet...walking on those peaceful streets, occasionally saying a friendly "Hello" here and there, you could almost trick yourself into forgetting that the world has been turned completely upside down in the space of a few months.  Almost.  

11 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

How's everyone doing? Anyone know someone directly with Covid19? SO many cases in NJ I stopped paying attention to the new ones.

Been working remote for 3 days and already seem some major downsides.

• Teleconference calls never work 100%, poor mikes, tech glitches etc.
  • Nobody works 8-5 anymore, been fielding calls from 7 in the morning to 10PM now while people take care of kids etc. Gets tiring when you can't take a break!

My wife and I are both working from home, we have a 2 year old who we just so happened to start potty training last month so... its alot, I definitely understand the no 8-5, its just impossible unless you just sit him in front of the tv for 6 hours.

Biggest issue for me is all of the middle aged folks who don't know how to mute their damn mics on ZOOM, or have speakers on and we get terrible feedback. Other than that the commute is nice :)