Jump to content
Satans Hockey

NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over. Lottery 6/26

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Curious to get everyone’s take on this.  Kinda pains me to even ask....but, let’s say Henrik got traded to any other team except Philly or Boston, would you be upset if he won a cup or would any part of you root for him to win it?  Like I said, if he was on any other team other than the Rangers, Philly or Boston.  Just curious, that is all.

He’s got about as much chance at winning a Cup (at least as a starter) as Cory Schneider at this point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

Curious to get everyone’s take on this.  Kinda pains me to even ask....but, let’s say Henrik got traded to any other team except Philly or Boston, would you be upset if he won a cup or would any part of you root for him to win it?  Like I said, if he was on any other team other than the Rangers, Philly or Boston.  Just curious, that is all.

He celebrated on our ice in 08, I don't ever want to see him win a cup, he can go fvck himself. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

‘95 Finals Game 4 is on NHL Network again. Just came on a few minutes ago.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

‘95 Finals Game 4 is on NHL Network again. Just came on a few minutes ago.

Thanks. Just put it on.  Watching the Asian markets on Bloomberg wasn’t cutting it 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 9:28 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Are the games being simulated in real time, as opposed to the clock counting down at the "usual" faster rate?  That's probably why the numbers are so out-of-whack.  I think if you play the game in what should be the normal mode, the seconds count down twice as fast...I think 20 minutes per period = 10 minutes of actual in-game playtime.  Think that's always been the "sweet spot" with the EA NHL games, in terms of getting final numbers that feel much more in line with what you'd see in an actual NHL game.  If 20 minutes per period is equal to 20 minutes of playtime, that would definitely account for what appears to be more than double what you'd expect to see in an NHL game.

 

They look pretty cheesy and primitive now...not that they were ever all that cool (they always seemed kinda out of place), but it's amazing what 25 years can do...I see them now and think "Yikes, that was so 90s."    

Not sure as I could only stand a couple minutes before turning it off.  I believe it was a full 20 minutes but with the difficulty leave on easy.  It was less of an actual simulation and more watching 2 kids play NHL20 with the Devils winning all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Not sure as I could only stand a couple minutes before turning it off.  I believe it was a full 20 minutes but with the difficulty leave on easy.  It was less of an actual simulation and more watching 2 kids play NHL20 with the Devils winning all the time.

And they boosted Zacha’s stats to be 99 overall. Clearly he is our most important player that we build around, according to the “sim”

  • Haha 1
  • Shocking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2020 at 9:28 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Are the games being simulated in real time, as opposed to the clock counting down at the "usual" faster rate?  That's probably why the numbers are so out-of-whack.  I think if you play the game in what should be the normal mode, the seconds count down twice as fast...I think 20 minutes per period = 10 minutes of actual in-game playtime.  Think that's always been the "sweet spot" with the EA NHL games, in terms of getting final numbers that feel much more in line with what you'd see in an actual NHL game.  If 20 minutes per period is equal to 20 minutes of playtime, that would definitely account for what appears to be more than double what you'd expect to see in an NHL game.

Correct which is why Cory has ‘100 save’ games in these sims, they opted for real time over realistic sim

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jagknife said:

And they boosted Zacha’s stats to be 99 overall. Clearly he is our most important player that we build around, according to the “sim”

Not for nothing, but there were people on this site saying he was our best player not that long ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not for nothing, but there were people on this site saying he was our best player not that long ago. 

I blame an unidentified symptom of COVID on that.

Speaking of, hows the recovery going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I blame an unidentified symptom of COVID on that.

Speaking of, hows the recovery going?

That’s likely. 

We’re very fortunate and basically we are all symptom free at this point. I still have a little residual phlegmyness but aside from that, we all seem good. Thanks for asking. 

Is your son doing better?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s likely. 

We’re very fortunate and basically we are all symptom free at this point. I still have a little residual phlegmyness but aside from that, we all seem good. Thanks for asking. 

Is your son doing better?

If he’s not 100% yet, he’s damn close to it, minus some crazy mood swings from the last bit of meds he’s on.

awesome you guys are back to the healthy side.

How about you, @MB3?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 old games on today in MSG+...

vs Ottawa from 2011 on now 

vs Dallas from 12/16/11 at 9pm

I'm not watching them in full but set the dvr to skim over the goals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s likely. 

We’re very fortunate and basically we are all symptom free at this point. I still have a little residual phlegmyness but aside from that, we all seem good. Thanks for asking. 

Is your son doing better?

* my french ass googling phlegmyness *

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

2 old games on today in MSG+...

vs Ottawa from 2011 on now 

vs Dallas from 12/16/11 at 9pm

I'm not watching them in full but set the dvr to skim over the goals 

I was busy working so didn’t get a chance to post earlier,  but game 6 of the 2000 Finals was on NHL Network this afternoon, and is on again tonight at 11. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I was busy working so didn’t get a chance to post earlier,  but game 6 of the 2000 Finals was on NHL Network this afternoon, and is on again tonight at 11. 

I know we lost in 5 but they should really show a game 5 & game 6 marathon.  This wasn't 2003 game 7 against the Ducks where there were like 4 combined scoring chances all game.   These two games were fairly wide open and this was just an unbelievable goal-tending display by both Brodeur and Belfour.  I think this was literally the high point of Brodeur's career.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

I know we lost in 5 but they should really show a game 5 & game 6 marathon.  This wasn't 2003 game 7 against the Ducks where there were like 4 combined scoring chances all game.   These two games were fairly wide open and this was just an unbelievable goal-tending display by both Brodeur and Belfour.  I think this was literally the high point of Brodeur's career.   

Game 5 was maybe the best goaltending duel I’ve ever seen, and then they both just continued the clinic in game 6. Absolutely fantastic performances by Marty and Belfour.

Edited by MadDog2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol watching this Game 6 rerun and they go to Brian Engblom for analysis. Could his glasses be any smaller? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last  night they had a game ('09) us against Blackhawks. Parise on a line with Langenbruner. Mottau & Sal together. I think it was St. Patty's day. Didn't stay up to watch the whole game, but didn't get the significance of why they chose that particular game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Last  night they had a game ('09) us against Blackhawks. Parise on a line with Langenbruner. Mottau & Sal together. I think it was St. Patty's day. Didn't stay up to watch the whole game, but didn't get the significance of why they chose that particular game.

Marty 552.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

Last  night they had a game ('09) us against Blackhawks. Parise on a line with Langenbruner. Mottau & Sal together. I think it was St. Patty's day. Didn't stay up to watch the whole game, but didn't get the significance of why they chose that particular game.

haha I thought this was satirical. yeah, man, that's Marty's 552 and Patty passing Johnny Mac. 

My #1 favorite non-playoff Devils game I've ever been to.

19 hours ago, jagknife said:

If he’s not 100% yet, he’s damn close to it, minus some crazy mood swings from the last bit of meds he’s on.

awesome you guys are back to the healthy side.

How about you, @MB3?

Glad to hear it man.

Today I feel no symptoms at all for the first time in a week and a half. I'm back at work (working from home of course) and pretty positive it's all behind me. Something I won't ever forget, though.

Love you guys for all reaching out. Meant a lot. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

haha I thought this was satirical. yeah, man, that's Marty's 552 and Patty passing Johnny Mac. 

My #1 favorite non-playoff Devils game I've ever been to.

Glad to hear it man.

Today I feel no symptoms at all for the first time in a week and a half. I'm back at work (working from home of course) and pretty positive it's all behind me. Something I won't ever forget, though.

Love you guys for all reaching out. Meant a lot. 

Glad to hear that you seem to have gotten through the worst.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.