Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Satans Hockey

NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Recommended Posts

I didn't want to keep cluttering up the other threads with this stuff. Gotta imagine after the NCAA tournament announcement today that all games will be played behind closed doors and now Columbus announcing that their game tomorrow night will be played behind closed doors as well that the Devils and other teams will be following soon. 

I'm not going either way tomorrow even though I went last night. This team is simply not worth risking anything for. The only good thing will be getting some refunds out of this

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news/blue-jackets-statement-regarding-upcoming-game-schedule/c-316128078

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knew that doing business as usual would make it harder to do business as usual during a virus outbreak? /s

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soon everyone has to stay home...,no work...,no school  and we'll all starve to death.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this pandemic notice from WHO and the POTUS address tonight is setting off a chain reaction. Our offices just announced that all non employees are banned from our facilities including any vendors, catering or sales reps until mid-may. Any and all work related travel and meetings are also cancelled and must be held via teleconferencing. The more ominous part of the memo was that it was strongly recommended you make plans to be quarantined at home for two weeks.

  • Shocking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

The panic is ridiculous. Absolutely insane 

I keep going back and forth between thinking the panic is over the top, and thinking better overly cautious than sorry.  It's a little like preparing for a snowstorm...if you overprepare for a dud storm what's the worst that happens?  People mock the weathermen and the people who rush to Costco and buy the shelves empty preparing to be holed up for days.  But if you underprepare and there's no salt on the roads then it exacerbates the danger.  It's the same deal here, you overprepare and the disease fizzles out?  We all go back to normal in a couple months.  If you underprepare and most of the population gets infected with 10% dying in the matter of a year?  Then we've gone from an alarm to a real crisis.

Of course overpreparing for 'this' has consequences too, especially for people that work at arena jobs and other professions that are going to get laid off during this period, declining businesses, etc.  There's no sure right answer to how much is too much, people just have to do what they can with the information they have and there's still a lot we don't know about this disease.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

The panic is ridiculous. Absolutely insane 

I'm trying to be rational about this, is it better that we run these events and have it spread faster and overrun hospitals or we cancel what are essentially meaningless events in the grand schemes of life and try to contain it a bit? 

I love the Devils and I don't think I'm panicking, I just don't think this team is worth risking getting my family members and friends or even the general public sick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The panic is incredibly stupid. The flu will kill more people than Coronavirus, just as it does every year. Nobody is closing schools or self quarantining for the flu. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The panic is incredibly stupid. The flu will kill more people than Coronavirus, just as it does every year. Nobody is closing schools or self quarantining for the flu. 

I can tell you the daycare center my kids go to absolutely closed for a few days to disinfect when the flu broke out last year. And people self quarantine themselves all the time when they’re sick with the flu, but some idiots don’t. We’re just now being asked to not be morons about it

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I can tell you the daycare center my kids go to absolutely closed for a few days to disinfect when the flu broke out last year. And people self quarantine themselves all the time when they’re sick with the flu, but some idiots don’t. We’re just now being asked to not be morons about it

You’re pointing out the difference yourself. People are doing it now because they MIGHT get Coronavirus. When’s the last time they closed sporting events to spectators because someone MIGHT get the flu? 

The answer is never. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re pointing out the difference yourself. People are doing it now because they MIGHT get Coronavirus. When’s the last time they closed sporting events to spectators because someone MIGHT get the flu? 

The answer is never. 

When's the last time we shut off all travel to and from Europe for 30 days? This is wild. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

When's the last time we shut off all travel to and from Europe for 30 days? This is wild. 

Exactly. That’s stupid. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Exactly. That’s stupid. 

I just think it’s justified because of how insanely stupid we’ve become. The fact that something as simple as washing hands and coughing into your arms, the basic sh!t we learn as kids, has to be told to a good number of humans is absolute insanity. 
 

also the fact that the guy sick at the NBA game was being a cocky fvck about not getting sick is the one who is sick and caused that cancellation is the perfect personification of that pathetic league.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re pointing out the difference yourself. People are doing it now because they MIGHT get Coronavirus. When’s the last time they closed sporting events to spectators because someone MIGHT get the flu? 

The answer is never. 

when the flu carries a 300% likelier death rate, a 1000% likelier infection rate, and is currently overflowing hospitals around the world and shutting down the 8th biggest economy in the world, i guess we’ll start talking about it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I just think it’s justified because of how insanely stupid we’ve become. The fact that something as simple as washing hands and coughing into your arms, the basic sh!t we learn as kids, has to be told to a good number of humans is absolute insanity. 

Correct. Everything you are “supposed” to do, you’re already supposed to be doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Correct. Everything you are “supposed” to do, you’re already supposed to be doing. 

You and I are, but I can tell you for a fact there are complete and utter morons out there. 
 

EDIT: Please note: I’m about to have to sell or lose my tickets for a Foo Fighters concert in April because of this  stupid goddamn virus so trust me, I’m pissed. 

Edited by jagknife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

when the flu carries a 300% likelier death rate, a 1000% likelier infection rate, and is currently overflowing hospitals around the world and shutting down the 8th biggest economy in the world, i guess we’ll start talking about it. 

The flu has already killed about 7 times more people than the Coronavirus has this winter, and there have been multiple  MILLIONS more cases. 

You’re buying into the panic the media is telling you to have, as are many. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jagknife said:

You and I are, but I can tell you for a fact there are complete and utter morons out there. 

Oh no doubt. That’s clear when people are stockpiling toilet paper because of a virus that causes respiratory issues. That’s the wrong end!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The flu has already killed about 7 times more people than the Coronavirus has this winter, and there have been multiple  MILLIONS more cases. 

You’re buying into the panic the media is telling you to have, as are many. 

I guess, so are we not believing the Coronavirus is not 10x's more deadly than the flu?  Unfortunately I would hold off on comparing how many die from this vs. that until we see how this plays out.  Does it mean go out and buy 200 rolls of tp of course not.

 

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/487086-coronavirus-10-times-more-lethal-than-seasonal

Edited by titans04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.