NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

I guess, so are we not believing the Coronavirus is not 10x's more deadly than the flu?  Unfortunately I would hold off on comparing how many die from this vs. that until we see how this plays out.  Does it mean go out and buy 200 rolls of tp of course not.

Seriously, what is the obsession over TP?

the only thing I understand was a joke: why would you want that much TP unless you sh!t yourself every time someone sneezes.

Just now, jagknife said:

Seriously, what is the obsession over TP?

the only thing I understand was a joke: why would you want that much TP unless you sh!t yourself every time someone sneezes.

I'm with you on the tp!

Was at BJs earlier today doing normal shopping and was amazed at how empty things were. Things that aren't going to help sh!t.

8 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I guess, so are we not believing the Coronavirus is not 10x's more deadly than the flu?  Unfortunately I would hold off on comparing how many die from this vs. that until we see how this plays out.  Does it mean go out and buy 200 rolls of tp of course not.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/487086-coronavirus-10-times-more-lethal-than-seasonal

Facts are facts. Less than 5,000 COVID deaths and over 30,000 flu deaths. Saying COVID is more deadly is like the “anticipated goals” of infectious disease. 

EDIT: Even worse, that’s a worldwide COVID figure, and the flu figure is the US only. 

Edited by mfitz804

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Facts are facts. Less than 5,000 COVID deaths and over 30,000 flu deaths. Saying COVID is more deadly is like the “anticipated goals” of infectious disease. 

Honestly, the only thing I’m worried about with this is how stupid people who are sick are being. Could it be deadlier? Time will only tell, but the fact that these idiots are getting on planes and willingly traveling is just stupidity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

EDIT: Even worse, that’s a worldwide COVID figure, and the flu figure is the US only. 

Time will tell, I don't get the take but hope you're right.  This thing is just getting started.

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Seriously okay with this. The league has a chance to still market their game and not lose primes, albeit unintentionally, of some of their best.

Columbus announced early today that's what they were doing. It makes sense really. Gets more eyeballs watching on TV too. I'm not going tomorrow either way at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Columbus announced early today that's what they were doing. It makes sense really. Gets more eyeballs watching on TV too. I'm not going tomorrow either way at this point. 

Call me crazy, but if it's allowed/possible, I'm still planning on going Sunday.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Call me crazy, but if it's allowed/possible, I'm still planning on going Sunday.

I went last night so I'm no better but I'm done for the season. Even last night I was sitting there going coming out to watch this horrendous team is totally not worth the risk of possibly getting sick. I wish I didn't even go cause it ended up being a waste of time anyway. 

Just now, MB3 said:

In the United States right now, you can’t get tested for the Coronavirus unless you have proof that you’ve been in contact with someone who has an active case. 

the number of reported cases is dramatically different than the number of active cases. “media driven panic” doesn’t shut down the entire country of fvcking italy.

Like I said, anticipated goals.

Bruins games should definitely be cancelled.

0845C372-E6D7-42E0-8AC9-AD96A5E18A5C.gif

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You're being obtuse...there's fewer reported deaths because A) the disease has only been around months and not since pretty much the beginning of time, and B there isn't exactly great testing for it yet here.  Even if fewer people per every x number infected die from this than the flu, it obviously has been spreading more quickly than the flu without a vaccine yet so in the longer run more (and more elderly) may die from it if it's not contained.  It's also more severe than the flu even for non-lethal cases.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2