NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

both Smith and Mewes doesnt have the best health so i'd play it safe if i was them really

I have to imagine stuff like that is an easier decision than postponing or cancelling the rest of a pro sports season.

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have to imagine stuff like that is an easier decision than postponing or cancelling the rest of a pro sports season.

yeah at those events you have to expect it there's ALWAYS cancellation every year. Sometimes it's super last minute too but its part of the game

Ive been designing all the marketing stuff for an event in buffalo that is happening later this month... im not done but i kind of want to rush and finish so that i'm still paid even if they cancel and dont need their brochures or wtv lol I agreed on a flat fee for the whole thing so i kind of don't wanna have to go and have to justify what i did and didnt do so what they really owe me etc etc

Edited by SterioDesign

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Ive been designing all the marketing stuff for an event in buffalo that is happening later this month... im not done but i kind of want to rush and finish so that i'm still paid even if they cancel and dont need their brochures or wtv lol I agreed on a flat fee for the whole thing so i kind of don't wanna have to go and have to justify what i did and didnt do so what they really owe me etc etc

Sounds like a good idea. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Same activity boost here, we have had to suddenly boost remote mobility capability by almost 300% in weeks to keep the medical staff going. It has been madness and most of us are exhausted.

We might need to have a separate IT thread to share stories and/or tips lol.  I recently took a Director position with a new company and faced with a few challenges that I could use some recommendations for and bounce see ideas off of people. 

@DevsMan84 @titans04

My daughter's middle school play (Cinderella...she wasn't lead, but still had to put in many hours of rehearsal time) was canceled (not sure if it ever gets rescheduled).  And we had tix for two upcoming Devils games (3/19 and 3/28) and Wicked on Broadway (3/21)...obviously none of those are happening.

She's expectedly bummed, but I explained to her that EVERYONE is in the same boat, and events and vacations that people have looked forward to for weeks, months, and even longer are all being postponed or outright canceled left and right...it's OK to feel disappointed, but getting overly angry or upset about this or looking for someone to point the finger at is pointless...if anything, count your blessings that YOU are not sick yourself, or have yet to lose anyone to this.  I'm 100% OK with those in charge of making such decisions erring on the side of extreme caution.  Hopefully sooner than later, some people will stop acting like complete "Me me me" a$$holes (NOT referring to anyone on this site in the slightest...my wife was a witness to some of this behavior at our local food store yesterday...she decided to give up and instead went early this morning, and that scene was considerably more sedate), and everyone will come together as best as can possibly be expected and work together to get through this...we are actually capable of that, but sadly it usually takes some major crisis before that happens.  And even more sadly, once we do get manage to either get past or at least whittle down such a crisis...too many go right back to being the "me me me" a$$holes that they were prior.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Yep, me to. But I miss the games no matter how crap the team is.

i dont think that team was really crap at the end of the season. They werent contenders, but they still play in decent hockey for team that was half AHL half rockies. After january begin i remember only devils blues(when devs shot 17 times or so) and devils vegas games when devils were really bad at all. 
I like this team and i really interesting in how things will go on. And i will miss the games too. More than 14  years with online translations  i ruining my health. 

• Like 1

It's a damn shame for sure. You forget how deeply entrenched sports are in most of our lives except for when they're not there. But, as everyone says, best to err on the side of caution.

But don't worry boys! We got us a donnybrook!

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I am a little skeptical about their numbers regarding % of population being infected and number of Americans that will die of the disease.

I am not saying we should take this any less lightly, but again the death rate seems to fairly different from country to country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

My daughter's middle school play (Cinderella...she wasn't lead, but still had to put in many hours of rehearsal time) was canceled (not sure if it ever gets rescheduled).  And we had tix for two upcoming Devils games (3/19 and 3/28) and Wicked on Broadway (3/21)...obviously none of those are happening.

Yeah that stinks. My daughter's dancing school has suspended operations for 2 weeks, and still plans to hold their recital in June. 

I am hearing rumors her play (Annie, my daughter is playing Ms. Hannigan and I can't wait to see my 12 year old play an alcoholic) has been postponed, but have not gotten confirmation of that. I know one school locally cancelled the live performance of theirs, and instead is going to have the kids do it without an audience (or during school with an audience of kids) and recording it for the parents. 

At least you know Wicked isn't going anywhere, you'll get a refund and you'll try again. I just spent $600 on tickets to Dear Evan Hansen for my daughter's birthday, which is one week after the current date they are supposed to resume. 

I did find it interesting that StubHub was offering refunds on cancelled events, either 100% of what you paid credited back to you, or a credit on your StubHub account of 120% what you paid that you can use within the next 12 months. I had bought very expensive aftermarket tickets for her birthday last year (3 times face value), and was wondering if I'd have been SOL if it was cancelled. 

Interestingly, the state Courthouses remain open despite the restriction on "gatherings of 500 or more", which almost certainly happens every day. That said, I already got a call about the court appearance I had scheduled for Monday, and that was postponed. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah that stinks. My daughter's dancing school has suspended operations for 2 weeks, and still plans to hold their recital in June. 

I am hearing rumors her play (Annie, my daughter is playing Ms. Hannigan and I can't wait to see my 12 year old play an alcoholic) has been postponed, but have not gotten confirmation of that. I know one school locally cancelled the live performance of theirs, and instead is going to have the kids do it without an audience (or during school with an audience of kids) and recording it for the parents. 

At least you know Wicked isn't going anywhere, you'll get a refund and you'll try again. I just spent $600 on tickets to Dear Evan Hansen for my daughter's birthday, which is one week after the current date they are supposed to resume. 

I did find it interesting that StubHub was offering refunds on cancelled events, either 100% of what you paid credited back to you, or a credit on your StubHub account of 120% what you paid that you can use within the next 12 months. I had bought very expensive aftermarket tickets for her birthday last year (3 times face value), and was wondering if I'd have been SOL if it was cancelled. 

Interestingly, the state Courthouses remain open despite the restriction on "gatherings of 500 or more", which almost certainly happens every day. That said, I already got a call about the court appearance I had scheduled for Monday, and that was postponed. 

Hope your daughter gets to perform.  Rumors here is that my daughter's play will be outright canceled, but no confirmation on that yet.  Opening Night (first of three performances) was to have taken place last night.  

Yeah I bought my game tix off Stubhub and was pleasantly surprised that I was offered a refund...I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that secondary market tickets + not paying to have them insured = SOL indeed.  

My daughter's school is closed through 3/30, just announced.  Online classes start on 3/17.  

40 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hope your daughter gets to perform.  Rumors here is that my daughter's play will be outright canceled, but no confirmation on that yet.  Opening Night (first of three performances) was to have taken place last night. 

Ours is not a school production, so like 40 kids paid $700 each to participate. So I hope they don’t cancel it. 

On 3/12/2020 at 4:21 PM, Satans Hockey said:

Expected but this means the AEW show at Prudential is canceled as well... 

I had a show at ThePru and no one bothered to tell me!?  That would’ve been so embarassing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nascar and Indycar and golf all ended up canceling their events this weekend.

The only thing left is UFC and even they are doing it without a crowd. The ratings for it should be off the charts since it's literally the only live sporting event happening over the weekend.

WWE is running their show live tonight from their performance center in Orlando with no general public in the crowd so that should be interesting too. AEW is trying to run Wednesday somewhere with no fans too. 

Only the carnys survived lol