NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

47 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

CEO just sent an email that we are all going to be temperature checked for fever before being allowed into the facilities, in addition to questions of health.

If it tastes funny, they put the thermometer in the wrong end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

My brothers too, straight up persona non grata on premises. I feel bad for anyone having a wedding/event in the next 8 weeks, pretty much not happening now.

Good friend of mine has a wedding scheduled  the day before Easter, April 11th.  Supposedly they're still planning for it, but not sure it's gonna happen.  Bachelor party was supposed to be next weekend (27th/28th), which is also almost definitely not happening.  He's pretty bummed about it all.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Good friend of mine has a wedding scheduled  the day before Easter, April 11th.  Supposedly they're still planning for it, but not sure it's gonna happen.  Bachelor party was supposed to be next weekend (27th/28th), which is also almost definitely not happening.  He's pretty bummed about it all.

I wonder how that's going to work out financially for everyone if the venues have to cancel or if it varies from state to state. 

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

they should just do it anyway, how fun was a bachelor party if you don't pick up a couple of viruses along the way??

53 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I wonder how that's going to work out financially for everyone if the venues have to cancel or if it varies from state to state. 

Yeah, he's stressing kinda bad because he said that the particular venue where it was supposed to be held is basically booked for the rest of the year, which isn't all that surprising considering that events like that usually take a lot of planning and advance notice.  I would imagine and hope that the venues would refund some or all of the party's money for any reservations they may have paid for - if they do, those people would probably be inclined to re-book with them if/when it's possible. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

they should just do it anyway, how fun was a bachelor party if you don't pick up a couple of viruses along the way??

That's kind of what I was thinking.  I mean, alcohol will kill just about anything anyway, right?  And if it doesn't, just drink more so you don't remember it.  Either way, it's win-win!

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I work for a small family business. We've had one order today. I have to think a lot of small companies are experiencing the same problem and unfortunately many will close.

I think they are introducing things step by step, next will be everything retail wise but pharmacys, banks and supermarkets will be closing. Then after state to state travel might be closed off. This really sure is wild. I would have believed us getting bombed first over something like this. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I think they are introducing things step by step, next will be everything retail wise but pharmacys, banks and supermarkets will closing. Then after state to state travel might be closed off. This really sure is wild. I would have believed us getting bombed first over something like this. 

If I lived to be 100 years old, I never thought I’d see anything like this. This is absolutely insane. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I think they are introducing things step by step, next will be everything retail wise but pharmacys, banks and supermarkets will be closing. Then after state to state travel might be closed off. This really sure is wild. I would have believed us getting bombed first over something like this. 

it would not surprise me at this point if they essentially lock the country down for 2 weeks.

all non-essential retail closed, all air travel stopped, stock markets closed. all cc interest forgiven during crisis, 0% lending by banks to all businesses for payroll and rents. that's what it's going to take if they really want to eradicate the spread of this virus.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I think they are introducing things step by step, next will be everything retail wise but pharmacys, banks and supermarkets will closing. Then after state to state travel might be closed off. This really sure is wild. I would have believed us getting bombed first over something like this. 

My bank is closing today for cleaning, but expects to re-open tomorrow.

We’ll see.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

it would not surprise me at this point if they essentially lock the country down for 2 weeks.

all non-essential retail closed, all air travel stopped, stock markets closed. all cc interest forgiven during crisis, 0% lending by banks to all businesses for payroll and rents. that's what it's going to take if they really want to eradicate the spread of this virus.

Here we go...