NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

So that what it took for Trudeau to close the borders... I'm all for supporting immigration but after him tweeting basically telling illegal immigrants to cross over illegally then welcoming back known-ISIS fighters and wanting to re-integrate them in society with poems? i figured just about anyone/anyone could just walk in Canada

Edited by SterioDesign

12 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

So tempted to go all in now... just a straight index of the dow... 

I sold some stagnant mutual funds a few weeks ago and bought some more stocks. But a very small, sub $10k transaction. They’re still down from where I bought them, but they’ll be back. 

On 3/15/2020 at 9:42 PM, DevilMinder said:

CEO just sent an email that we are all going to be temperature checked for fever before being allowed into the facilities, in addition to questions of health.

All I know is that if that were to happen to me it better not be followed with: “and we only have one rectal thermometer people, so let’s drop trou, bendover, and get this over with.”

So evidently the league is considering a 24-team playoff in the event that the season resumes at a reasonable date/time, my guess is sometime in mid-May.  Not quite sure how it would work, and I'm sure it probably won't happen...but...that might mean we make the playoffs :lol:  How hilarious would it be if we won the Cup this year without Hall, Hynes, and Shero? :D 

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

So evidently the league is considering a 24-team playoff in the event that the season resumes at a reasonable date/time, my guess is sometime in mid-May.  Not quite sure how it would work, and I'm sure it probably won't happen...but...that might mean we make the playoffs :lol:  How hilarious would it be if we won the Cup this year without Hall, Hynes, and Shero? :D 

It would be a complete mockery of hockey. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

We still wouldn't be in it if it's like this...

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/what-a-24-team-stanley-cup-playoff-might-look-like/

27 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It would be a complete mockery of hockey. 

I wouldn’t want this either but would it really be any different then the NHL playoff format from 35 years ago when 16 of 21 teams made it each year?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

The NHL is never short on dumb ideas, even during a global pandemic....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

I wouldn’t want this either but would it really be any different then the NHL playoff format from 35 years ago when 16 of 21 teams made it each year?  

The days when you actually had to make an effort NOT to make the playoffs lol. 

57 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The days when you actually had to make an effort NOT to make the playoffs lol. 

As one would expect, man there were some hideous teams making the playoffs during that timeframe...just as bad as the 1977-78 Colorado Rockies (they went 19-40-21), if not worse...teams that won well under 30 games (80 game schedule) routinely got in.  The 1987-88 Maple Leafs were especially bad; they went 21-49-10 in securing the 4th seed in their division...that capped off a 3-year stretch where the Leafs put up a combined regular season record of 78-139-23...and made the playoffs all three seasons.  They even somehow managed to win a playoff round in the first two seasons of that sample; hell, the 1985-86 Leafs (25-48-7) came within a Game 7 of reaching the Campbell Conference Finals.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976