NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

10 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

He might not be wrong though, WWE has still been putting out new content every week without fans and just had their worst rating ever on Monday... 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2020/05/06/wwe-raw-bottoms-out-with-lowest-viewership-in-history/

There just might be lasting changes of what Americans consider important and what is frivolous novelty.  Going to be interesting.  NFL draft was huge. But that's the nfl

2 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

There just might be lasting changes of what Americans consider important and what is frivolous novelty.  Going to be interesting.  NFL draft was huge. But that's the nfl

Wait, WWE is a frivolous novelty????

15 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

He might not be wrong though, WWE has still been putting out new content every week without fans and just had their worst rating ever on Monday... 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2020/05/06/wwe-raw-bottoms-out-with-lowest-viewership-in-history/

yeah I think the without fans thing is like watching paint dry even more so on TV. Having sat through the Titans playing in an empty building for years even though we were addicted to the team it was like sitting in a morgue. I personally just don't think you can generate the energy in an empty building regardless of who's on the ice, but that's just me   The NFL draft was a peak inside the players homes etc. I guess for some that was intriguing. I kind of understand that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The American hockey league just cancelled the rest of their season and no playoffs. 

Smart move. I’m sure later today instead of wisely following suit, the NHL will propose a 31 team playoff contested in Idaho and Montana on outdoor rinks located on the property of Yellowstone National Park, with the players and staff quarantined in log cabins located on a deserted Indian reservation. 

• Haha 5

On 5/8/2020 at 8:25 PM, Devilsfan118 said:

So, finally learning more about the logistics of this new draft..

Only one lotto ball now? Can't jump past a certain point?

This just reeks of the league trying to help Detroit, much like they helped the Penguins with Crosby..

It just de-legitimizes the whole thing for me a bit. The NHL could at least TRY to hide the fact that they're helping the Red Wings out big time.

Detroit is really, really bad so if there's a team that the NHL should be helping out, it's them.  It's much better than a system that gives a really good team the opportunity to jump all the way to number 1.  This system also benefits the Devils.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Smart move. I’m sure later today instead of wisely following suit, the NHL will propose a 31 team playoff contested in Idaho and Montana on outdoor rinks located on the property of Yellowstone National Park, with the players and staff quarantined in log cabins located on a deserted Indian reservation. 

Give me summer hockey so when I stop caring about baseball (aka after 3 games until the fall) I have something watch while waiting for my orders to drop

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is accurate, except that it's also going to be roller hockey. That way they can play all summer without worrying about that pesky ice. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Not quite sure, the players association has to agree to significant concessions that so far they have indicated they aren't necessarily open to around comp.  The typical rich arguing over money missing the big picture of the pain and suffering most normal folks are going through.

One clowns opinion and man is he getting roasted for it.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, jagknife said:

that’s actually pretty cool 

Interesting.  I skimmed through the article, but I imagine that something like this would be adopted at other places too.... specifically amusement parks - I can see it now, you're waiting on line to ride the Teacups, and you get misted with disinfectant.  Or you're shopping at Home Depot and after the plants in the garden center get watered, passersby get hit with disinfectant.  I don't know if I like the world we're living in anymore.  =/

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I am not sure what you folks are reading, but my interpretation is it would be used to sanitize an EMPTY arena before/after an event, not to drop sanitizer on everyone during the event. 

I admittedly only read the first 1-2 paragraphs.  However I like the image in my mind of them dropping disinfectant on families during intermissions.  Make sure to cover your $15 beers!

• Like 1

Just cancel the season.  Hold the draft in mid-June with a maximum four spot lottery move up and binding arbitration for any conditional picks the teams can’t work out on their own.  Work out salary cap issues with the PA and schedule free agency for no later than mid-July.  

Spend all efforts after that to get next season started on time or relatively close to on time where fans can be present.  If certain teams need to be moved out of high risk areas to play their home games, including the Devils, make the plans for that.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Just cancel the season.  Hold the draft in mid-June with a maximum four spot lottery move up and binding arbitration for any conditional picks the teams can’t work out on their own.  Work out salary cap issues with the PA and schedule free agency for no later than mid-July.  

Spend all efforts after that to get next season started on time or relatively close to on time where fans can be present.  If certain teams need to be moved out of high risk areas to play their home games, including the Devils, make the plans for that.  

I. am. selfish. and. i. want. hockey. back. and. a. winner. crowned.

I also think if they cancel the season, the draft is going to be delayed due to the draft pick compensation grievances.

52 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I. am. selfish. and. i. want. hockey. back. and. a. winner. crowned.

I also think if they cancel the season, the draft is going to be delayed due to the draft pick compensation grievances.

I’m the most selfish person I know, and I just want them to rip off the bandaid.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Daniel said:

I’m the most selfish person I know, and I just want them to rip off the bandaid.

I mean... no champ... not fun... Its bad enough my friend will probably keep our Stanley Cup mug for another year, no need for his team to do the same as well...