Sign in to follow this  
Satans Hockey

NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

Remember when we all applauded the owners for being in front of the curve and paying employees during the pandemic?

Yeah that was a pleasant fiction for two weeks... our owners are really cheap fvcks for being billionaires...

How are they cheap?  They are keeping everyone employed and will pay back those employees when things get back to normal. 

I do think they start to open the country back up soon and end the quarentine... (keeping borders closed and not flying internationally for now). Cant keep everyone on lockdown for a virus with a lower mortality rate then the flu.  The longer the economy and USA is shut down the worse it will be for everyone, most jobs and depression which will be far worse then this virus which is easy to overcome if not in poor health or above 80

7 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

How are they cheap?  They are keeping everyone employed and will pay back those employees when things get back to normal. 

I do think they start to open the country back up soon and end the quarentine... (keeping borders closed and not flying internationally for now). Cant keep everyone on lockdown for a virus with a lower mortality rate then the flu.  The longer the economy and USA is shut down the worse it will be for everyone, most jobs and depression which will be far worse then this virus which is easy to overcome if not in poor health or above 80

define "soon". Everything that we have seen in other countries is the best case scenario is the curve flattens in May.

Again it's not just mortality rate that you have to consider, its the ease at which the virus is transmitted, how many are asymptomatic/transmitting without knowing it and the incredibly high rate that requires hospitalization.

Singapore just re-instituted a lockdown today because they ended theirs too early and saw a second wave. We can't make the same mistake.

22 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

Problem is in that entire thread on twitter nobody mentions that very important part.

Posted (edited)

LOL at people jumping on the owners for a temporary 20% cut of people in high salaried jobs while paying the little guys in full.

Edited by NJDevs4978

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL at people jumping on the owners for a temporary 20% cut of people in high salaried jobs while paying the little guys in full.

yeah that's just showing people true colours. Like in politics and everything else. Just blindly jumping to whatever conclusions that supports their opinion about the person. 

14 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It's not even just temporary, they are still paying them back the difference starting in July and throughout the year. They aren't losing anything overall. 

Gotta love when you see fans who stop supporting the team financially when the team is not playing well enough for them... then goes and try to sh!t on the owners for "not showing support" and paying their employees only a % of their salaries, in such a hard time when they are losing TONS of money lol

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah that's just showing people true colours. Like in politics and everything else. Just blindly jumping to whatever conclusions that supports their opinion about the person. 

Forgive me for reading something at 0445, and having a knee jerk reaction before my rational thought process kicked in.

sorry to have offended so many people but for fvcks sake don’t act so pious and moral.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Forgive me for reading something at 0445, and having a knee jerk reaction before my rational thought process kicked in.

sorry to have offended so many people but for fvcks sake don’t act so pious and moral.

was not really referring to you specifically. Just in general on here, twitter, fb etc etc I didnt even really pay attention as to who said what. I just replied to that other comment. 

Edited by SterioDesign

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

was not really referring to you specifically. Just in general on here, twitter, fb etc etc I didnt even really pay attention as to who said what. I just replied to that other comment. 

Alright, I buy that. Apologies.

38 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Hard to blame anyone who reads that Twitter thread since it completely leaves out the most important part. 

Looks like Harris changed his policy due to the backlash and now everyone is being paid in full.

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hard to blame anyone who reads that Twitter thread since it completely leaves out the most important part. 

You can blame them for treating Twitter as a legitimate news source. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

You can blame them for treating Twitter as a legitimate news source. 

He writes for the Times so it's not like it's some random person tweeting it. It's just poor journalism. 

Now I'm just confused... 

Abbey had wrote that they weren't actually losing any money, just was being deferred to cut for a few months until July. Was she just completely wrong here then? I don't understand the need to apologize for getting it wrong as Josh said if this was the plan... 

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2020/03/23/coronavirus-nj-devils-76-ers-temporarily-reducing-staff-salaries/2904749001/

"The difference will be paid beginning in July and moving forward throughout the calendar year." 

Reading the news is becoming more and more frustrating. Gone are the days where news outlet would simply "report" news. Now it's all about pushing wtv agenda they have.

Leaving out details, twisting facts, making sh!t up literally. It sucks cause you basically need to be aware of each news outlet's agenda/bias so you can take it with a grain of salt. 

25 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Alright, I buy that. Apologies.

To be clear, I wasn't offended at all when I responded to you.  Was just pointing out that under very difficult circumstances, I don't think ownership was doing anything out of line...and even then, they did what they really didn't have to, and reversed their decision. 

I just think people tend to jump on "rich people" very quickly sometimes, and often unfairly...not knocking you specifically, just the general attitude that very wealthy people must be greedy misers.  

• Like 1

Ohhhh I see it now, Abbey removed it and put this in there...

"An earlier version of the story stated that the company intended to repay the difference. However, the a Devils' spokesperson said the company did not make that promise."

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Reading the news is becoming more and more frustrating. Gone are the days where news outlet would simply "report" news. Now it's all about pushing wtv agenda they have.

Leaving out details, twisting facts, making sh!t up literally. It sucks cause you basically need to be aware of each news outlet's agenda/bias so you can take it with a grain of salt. 

Yup. You have to wait until the actual person puts out an actual statement. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:
Ohhhh I see it now, Abbey removed it and put this in there...

"An earlier version of the story stated that the company intended to repay the difference. However, the a Devils' spokesperson said the company did not make that promise."

She did what sadly a lot of reporters do now these days; release reports based on someone else's reports without fact-checking.  This is usually spurred by the need of being early on the scoop.

FWIW I remember the days of when breaking news with the Devils would happen and TG would tweet that he heard the news, but that he was purposefully delaying releasing an article on it or commenting on it until he gets more information from his own sources.

TG was surely a gem.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. You have to wait until the actual person puts out an actual statement. 

Even then. How often do i see claims of stuff being said. I got on snopes or wtv do my research and they never said that or it's taken wayyyyyyy out of context

21 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Now I'm just confused... 

Abbey had wrote that they weren't actually losing any money, just was being deferred to cut for a few months until July. Was she just completely wrong here then? I don't understand the need to apologize for getting it wrong as Josh said if this was the plan... 

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2020/03/23/coronavirus-nj-devils-76-ers-temporarily-reducing-staff-salaries/2904749001/

"The difference will be paid beginning in July and moving forward throughout the calendar year." 

Nicely done on their part in the end if this is their final decision here.  I do think they made a mistake that lead up to the change of heart.  Somewhat hard to believe there's hourly 1500 employees ties to the org seems  high and I would of never guessed it.  Good on Harris.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I just think people tend to jump on "rich people" very quickly sometimes, and often unfairly...not knocking you specifically, just the general attitude that very wealthy people must be greedy misers.  

Yeah this seems to be a new thing that more and more people are jumping on the bandwagon for.

Typically it's always the typical people playing the victims or snowflakes going for that. Blaming others for their lack of success.

I mean most of the times billionaires are people who sacrificed a LOT, they invested in themselves for years, more often than not it's an inspirational story. They have incredible pressure on them often having an insane amount of people depending on them. They mostly made the right decisions or paid the price for the wrong ones. Work is on their minds 24/7. So sorry Karen if you feel Jeff Bezos is making too much money and that you're not making enough. Maybe you should have taken a risk and started an online book store decades ago instead of settling for wtv job you got.

I actually saw an article like 2 days ago suggesting that there shouldn't be any billionaires. That they should cap off at right before the billion and that all the extra money should go to some charities or wtv. I mean? wtf? lol him having more or less money is NOT affecting your income at all. There's a system in place, we all know what it is. You usually know how much money you can potentially make at the end of that path, your decision.

Where i live in New-Brunswick. The Irving family basically owns everything and fishermen's are making a killing too. And obviously a bunch of people keep sh!tting on them because they get a tax break or something and they think it's unfair cause they are rich. But imagine for a second that they would leave or that the business would fail? How many people would suddenly be out of a job and the economy would crash.

Someone once told me, if you don't like your boss or think he's paid too much and you're not paid enough. It's easy. Quit and start your own company where YOU'LL be the one making all that big money. You'll see it's not that easy and not as fun as it looks. 

Edited by SterioDesign

5 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Nicely done on their part in the end if this is their final decision here.  I do think they made a mistake that lead up to the change of heart.  Somewhat hard to believe there's hourly 1500 employees ties to the org seems  high and I would of never guessed it.  Good on Harris.

If that figure is between the Devils and the Sixers, I could see how that’s possible. 

I’m glad they’re all getting paid. I have questions about any business that’s already laying people off or not paying people. I mean, it’s been a few days, if your business already has to stop paying people, you’re in bad shape.

Of course, there’s plenty of people (restaurant servers, people who cut hair, etc) who just don’t get paid if they aren’t working. I feel bad for folks in that boat.