NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

32 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Still has his little smokers cough, but otherwise is back to his old self, thankfully. His brother was thrilled to have him home. So much so he was jumping in his crib that night yelling in twinspeak to him.

how are you and the fam?

All good, nothing but very minor cold symptoms thus far, thanks for asking.

Glad your son is doing ok!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm a ramen connoisseur and all you ramen casuals have made it impossible to find it for the last two weeks! I only just found some penne yesterday lol. 

I want to try and make the “ram-dom” from the movie Parasite. Looked so good. 

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Still has his little smokers cough, but otherwise is back to his old self, thankfully. His brother was thrilled to have him home. So much so he was jumping in his crib that night yelling in twinspeak to him.

how are you and the fam?

That’s adorable. 

41 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I want to try and make the “ram-dom” from the movie Parasite. Looked so good. 

That’s adorable. 

37 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They have to be adorable to make up for the fact that there are two of them. Even if it’s not right now, that HAS to eventually get stressful lol. 

Oh they’re cute, most of the time, but when they throw their tantrums, even at a year and 7 months, it’s awful. Haha. I think my alcohol tolerance has increased in the past few months once they became mobile 

honestly, the hardest hardest part is when I get sent away for a few days/weeks at a time and the wife has to do this solo. Too few people understand what she has to do in order to just take them anywhere and forget that a lot of the time, it’s a hell of a lot easier to just come to our house than have them host.

Edited by jagknife

29 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Oh they’re cute, most of the time, but when they throw their tantrums, even at a year and 7 months, it’s awful. Haha. I think my alcohol tolerance has increased in the past few months once they became mobile 

honestly, the hardest hardest part is when I get sent away for a few days/weeks at a time and the wife has to do this solo. Too few people understand what she has to do in order to just take them anywhere and forget that a lot of the time, it’s a hell of a lot easier to just come to our house than have them host.

I can’t even imagine. I had one and that was tough at times. “Double trouble” is a phrase for a reason lol. 

5 hours ago, jagknife said:

This simulate game fad is nice for the kiddos, but the fact that every game has us scoring 6 goals or more proves how broken the EA NHL franchise has become

Also, Zacha has eight goals in four games. That alone shows you how unrealistic it is lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those simulated games are just awful.  150+ shots and 12+ goals combined in each game is not exactly something I would term a “simulation,” which implies that it’s trying to be as realistic as possible.

That would be like if NASA trained their astronauts in a shuttle simulator and instead they are playing StarFox.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Game 4 of the ‘95 Finals is on NHL Network. Just a heads up.

I came here just now just to see what's going on and how everyone is doing... saw your post and figured it was probably from late last night and was going to be disappointed that I missed it... then noticed that you posted this one minute ago, and now I'm thrilled.  Turned it on and watching now - awesome to get a little hockey fix and relive some nostalgia.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Those simulated games are just awful.  150+ shots and 12+ goals combined in each game is not exactly something I would term a “simulation,” which implies that it’s trying to be as realistic as possible.

That would be like if NASA trained their astronauts in a shuttle simulator and instead they are playing StarFox.

Are the games being simulated in real time, as opposed to the clock counting down at the "usual" faster rate?  That's probably why the numbers are so out-of-whack.  I think if you play the game in what should be the normal mode, the seconds count down twice as fast...I think 20 minutes per period = 10 minutes of actual in-game playtime.  Think that's always been the "sweet spot" with the EA NHL games, in terms of getting final numbers that feel much more in line with what you'd see in an actual NHL game.  If 20 minutes per period is equal to 20 minutes of playtime, that would definitely account for what appears to be more than double what you'd expect to see in an NHL game.

7 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Watching now. Forgot about the FOX robot animations everytime a team scored a goal lol

They look pretty cheesy and primitive now...not that they were ever all that cool (they always seemed kinda out of place), but it's amazing what 25 years can do...I see them now and think "Yikes, that was so 90s."    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Are the games being simulated in real time, as opposed to the clock counting down at the "usual" faster rate?  That's probably why the numbers are so out-of-whack.  I think if you play the game in what should be the normal mode, the seconds count down twice as fast...I think 20 minutes per period = 10 minutes of actual in-game playtime.  Think that's always been the "sweet spot" with the EA NHL games, in terms of getting final numbers that feel much more in line with what you'd see in an actual NHL game.  If 20 minutes per period is equal to 20 minutes of playtime, that would definitely account for what appears to be more than double what you'd expect to see in an NHL game.

They look pretty cheesy and primitive now...not that they were ever all that cool (they always seemed kinda out of place), but it's amazing what 25 years can do...I see them now and think "Yikes, that was so 90s."    

I LOVED the robots

Just now, jagknife said:

I LOVED the robots

I didn't hate them or anything...they were just kind of there.  Some of the animations were amusing at first glance, but then I was just kinda done with them.  

So the NHL season has been officially cancelled. That sucks.  Can't believe they made the decision without figuring out what to do with the draft and other key deadlines. 

Kinda surprised the NHL is the first league to officially cancel things too, especially when the NBA postponed their games first. 

10 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

So the NHL season has been officially cancelled. That sucks.  Can't believe they made the decision without figuring out what to do with the draft and other key deadlines. 

Kinda surprised the NHL is the first league to officially cancel things too, especially when the NBA postponed their games first. 

I haven’t seen that yet. Source?

28 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I think you’ve been lead astray sir.... no news I’ve seen about that.

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I haven’t seen that yet. Source?

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think you’ve been lead astray sir.... no news I’ve seen about that.

I saw it on the bottom ticker while watching the Devils/Wings Game from 95.  Checked it twice to make sure to wasn't about something else or another league. Looks like they changed it now and it says postponed...which is what we already knew.  Weird. 

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I saw it on the bottom ticker while watching the Devils/Wings Game from 95.  Checked it twice to make sure to wasn't about something else or another league. Looks like they changed it now and it says postponed...which is what we already knew.  Weird. 

The guy running the ticker probably got bored and wanted to mess with people lol

10 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You can’t believe stuff like that. You probably shouldn’t state it like it’s a fact without some backup. 

48105922721_6a613e06e1_b.jpg

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 2