NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The other issue with that, of course, is that a-holes have hoarded all the Tylenol and you’re lucky if you find any. 

as a florida resident, this yucky human behavior is evident three times a year whenever there’s a hurricane threat. these morbidly obese people who have 3 2-liters of coke and a fifth of kirkland vodka every day suddenly think they need 14 gallons of water a day to survive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Huge news for us: little guy just got home. COVID negative. still no results on the viral but either way. They’re home and off quarantine. All the thoughts, prayers and good vibes to @MB3, @mfitz

This does need to be treated seriously but at the same time panic doesn't help anyone.  The current mortality rate for Covid-19 is  4% for known reported cases , seasonal influenza mortality rate

That’s good. The workers at the Rock are some of the nicest and most friendly I’ve ever encountered at a sporting event. Glad they will be taken care of. 

Posted Images

20 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

She has tested positive for the virus. Still very mild symptoms right now, hopefully it stays that way.

Myself and my daughter are presumptive positive having minor cold symptoms. 

Hope you all get through this as painlessly as possible.

So far, as far as people that I “know” goes, it’s only people on this site who are infected.  No work associates/customers, family members, or friends...yet.  I live in Hunterdon County, and it hasn’t come close to exploding here the way that it has in other areas.  People here are at least appearing to show some intelligence...lots of people walking around outside, but giving each other VERY wide berths.  A few neighbors had a very brief “six foot get together” where they brought a drink or two and hung out...but never came closer than 6 feet from each other.  I didn’t partake.  Just doesn’t feel right.

Some of the local restaurant owners are starting to complain (we’ve been getting some take-out here and there, to try to support some of these places)...they feel like things really aren’t bad enough in Hunterdon County for them to be restricted to take-out and delivery.  I feel for them but at the same time I think starting to go back to “business as usual” for restaurants is just begging for disastrous consequences (not that that will happen anytime soon), even out it in the relative “sticks”.  Most people that I talk to around here seem to get that we’re all in the same boat, and aren’t bitching about our new alternate and dark reality...but there’s definitely the entitled folk who act like they’re being unfairly inconvenienced, and still act like this thing is somehow not all that close...bitching about being “pent up” or “shut in”.  I should show them MB3’s posts about what he’s going through.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The other issue with that, of course, is that a-holes have hoarded all the Tylenol and you’re lucky if you find any. 

You guys out? I can literally try to two-day ship a big bottle tomorrow (overnight isn’t available here, if you can believe it).

and that goes for anyone, it seems our small town is ALMOST out of the initial stock pile hysteria so I’m willing to mail to people.

Edited by jagknife
14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

You guys out? I can literally try to two-day ship a big bottle tomorrow (overnight isn’t available here, if you can believe it).

and that goes for anyone, it seems our small town is ALMOST out of the initial stock pile hysteria so I’m willing to mail to people.

Thanks brother but I did find some at a small independent pharmacy. It wasn’t on the shelf, you had to “know somebody”. Which is a sh!tty business practice and I’m probably done shopping there. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Thanks brother but I did find some at a small independent pharmacy. It wasn’t on the shelf, you had to “know somebody”. Which is a sh!tty business practice and I’m probably done shopping there. 

Awesome glad to hear it. We can’t find flour and rice in our stores, that’s about the worst of it now. We had to have a friend buy a 25 lbs bag of flour from Costco for us. Guess I’ll be practicing my baking lol

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Awesome glad to hear it. We can’t find flour and rice in our stores, that’s about the worst of it now. We had to have a friend buy a 25 lbs bag of flour from Costco for us. Guess I’ll be practicing my baking lol

I guess so lol. I managed a small bag of flour in my local supermarket, and only a small bag of Target brand brown rice. Who the fvck is like “I’m quarantined, I’m going to eat a sh!t ton of rice to survive”?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess so lol. I managed a small bag of flour in my local supermarket, and only a small bag of Target brand brown rice. Who the fvck is like “I’m quarantined, I’m going to eat a sh!t ton of rice to survive”?

Rice lasts forever, and it goes a long way. One of the best things to have other than can goods honestly. 

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Rice lasts forever, and it goes a long way. One of the best things to have other than can goods honestly. 

I didn’t buy any of that either. I still prefer fresh food and it’s still available. 

Posted (edited)

I haven't even gone out shopping wise since all this started. I normally have a decent stock of pasta and rice & beans from sales during the year anyway so mainly been eating that so I didn't need to buy much food wise like some of these crazy people buying everything in sight right when this was shutting down everything. You can make chicken last longer meal wise by putting it with rice and beans. 

Probably can go another week and a half to two without needing to go to the store. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
32 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Haha I don't eat a sh!t ton of it and definitely not by itself but mixing up some chicken with some rice and beans extends the meals a lot longer leftovers wise. 

49 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I didn’t buy any of that either. I still prefer fresh food and it’s still available. 

For now...

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I used the same theory to buy a 6 pack of ramen noodles for the first time since I graduated college 20 years ago. 

11 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I used the same theory to buy a 6 pack of ramen noodles for the first time since I graduated college 20 years ago. 

I'm a ramen connoisseur and all you ramen casuals have made it impossible to find it for the last two weeks! I only just found some penne yesterday lol. 

• Like 1

I just got back from the store because I was running low on a lot of stuff. Its been two weeks since I went, they had a limit of 1 for almost everything so most stuff was in stock.

I burned my clothes and set my car on fire once I got home of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
23 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm a ramen connoisseur and all you ramen casuals have made it impossible to find it for the last two weeks! I only just found some penne yesterday lol. 

If it makes you feel better, I could only find the soy sauce flavor but desperate times call for desperate measures!  

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

@jagknife, any update on the little one?

Still has his little smokers cough, but otherwise is back to his old self, thankfully. His brother was thrilled to have him home. So much so he was jumping in his crib that night yelling in twinspeak to him.

how are you and the fam?

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Still has his little smokers cough, but otherwise is back to his old self, thankfully. His brother was thrilled to have him home. So much so he was jumping in his crib that night yelling in twinspeak to him.

how are you and the fam?

All good, nothing but very minor cold symptoms thus far, thanks for asking.

Glad your son is doing ok!!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I want to try and make the “ram-dom” from the movie Parasite. Looked so good. 

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

how are you and the fam?

That’s adorable. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That’s adorable. 

They have to be adorable to make up for the fact that there are two of them. Even if it’s not right now, that HAS to eventually get stressful lol. 

41 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I want to try and make the “ram-dom” from the movie Parasite. Looked so good. 

That’s adorable. 

37 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They have to be adorable to make up for the fact that there are two of them. Even if it’s not right now, that HAS to eventually get stressful lol. 

Oh they’re cute, most of the time, but when they throw their tantrums, even at a year and 7 months, it’s awful. Haha. I think my alcohol tolerance has increased in the past few months once they became mobile 

honestly, the hardest hardest part is when I get sent away for a few days/weeks at a time and the wife has to do this solo. Too few people understand what she has to do in order to just take them anywhere and forget that a lot of the time, it’s a hell of a lot easier to just come to our house than have them host.

Edited by jagknife
29 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Oh they’re cute, most of the time, but when they throw their tantrums, even at a year and 7 months, it’s awful. Haha. I think my alcohol tolerance has increased in the past few months once they became mobile 

honestly, the hardest hardest part is when I get sent away for a few days/weeks at a time and the wife has to do this solo. Too few people understand what she has to do in order to just take them anywhere and forget that a lot of the time, it’s a hell of a lot easier to just come to our house than have them host.

I can’t even imagine. I had one and that was tough at times. “Double trouble” is a phrase for a reason lol.