Satans Hockey

NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Probably do an entirely new lotto show where everyone gets a shot but the entire thing is weighted on point percentage or whatever. 

Pretty sure Friedman said if they can’t finish the season, the eight play-in teams would have their own lottery for the pick.

28 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Pretty sure Friedman said if they can’t finish the season, the eight play-in teams would have their own lottery for the pick.

Makes more sense than re-doing the entire lottery. 

Maybe if they can't finish the season they should do a lottery to see who gets the Stanley Cup too. And also fvck Doug Wilson, we're doing a HOF lottery too. 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Doesn't it seem like double talk? Culture demands a toughness that promotes playing injured or not opting out whatever, yet they can't be tough enough to stick to their guns and opt out if they feel it is unsafe or don't want to return to play? 

• Like 1

Never read Deadspin, so hard for me to agree with the whole tearing up hockey culture aspect. Always a few jerks in every group, but overwhelmingly still seems to me the hockey culture is far above the other 3 major sports.

Anyway, the players should be telling donald fehr the way they really feel. Not to the reporter anonymously.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Doesn't it seem like double talk? Culture demands a toughness that promotes playing injured or not opting out whatever, yet they can't be tough enough to stick to their guns and opt out if they feel it is unsafe or don't want to return to play? 

Yeah if guys don’t feel safe, they need to speak up. If it upsets your teammates, tough sh!t. It’s literally a life and death situation. And how about guys who are high risk like Max Domi, Kakko (both diabetics), or guys like Brian Boyle or Oskar Lindblom? Those guys shouldn’t even be thinking about playing hockey right now.

Man how great would it be if we came out of this awful COVID era with a fresh CBA in hand, guaranteeing another lockout isn't gonna happen?

That'd be a real silver lining.

• Like 1

Rick Dudley is  retiring from Canes. I wondered if he could be like Scotty Bowman,  a 'consultant" for NJD's? The guy's had a ton of success. He is however 71, but I heard today (XM radio) guy can still bench press mad weights. Maybe he's just tired,  and walking away altogether. 

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

https://www.tsn.ca/talent/details-emerge-on-expected-new-nhl-agreement-1.1492091

Details of the new CBA which guarantees labor peace through 24-25 (unless I just misquoted, high probability I did)

With the cap remaining static it's good news for teams that currently have space (like the Devils) but teams that are up against it will be in trouble. There will be a few more players not getting re-signed by their clubs and maybe a few more trades possible now. I also read somewhere (so could be complete BS) that there won't be any compliance buy outs this season. I guess that means that Cory will be staying around for a least another season.

• Like 1