NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Huge news for us: little guy just got home. COVID negative. still no results on the viral but either way. They’re home and off quarantine. All the thoughts, prayers and good vibes to @MB3, @mfitz

This does need to be treated seriously but at the same time panic doesn't help anyone.  The current mortality rate for Covid-19 is  4% for known reported cases , seasonal influenza mortality rate

That’s good. The workers at the Rock are some of the nicest and most friendly I’ve ever encountered at a sporting event. Glad they will be taken care of. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ll watch. One benefit of hockey in the summer is that TV is ass right now and there’s nothing else to watch. 

Off-topic but have you checked out a series called High Town?  It’s quite good.

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Off-topic but have you checked out a series called High Town?  It’s quite good.

I have not, but given how you and I seem to be into the same stuff, I sure will. I trust a suggestion by you. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I have not, but given how you and I seem to be into the same stuff, I sure will. I trust a suggestion by you. 

Now to see if you can trust me. Watch the video "Eskimo Callboy - Hypa Hypa" on youtube. 

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The season finale is coming up this Sunday (Episode 8), but I only started watching it last week.  Starz had a “Watch All of the Episodes Day” last week (6 at that point I think, with the 7th debuting later that evening), so I recorded them.  Basically watched all of them in a two-day period.  It’s like a good book that you can’t put down...we’d finish an episode (they run about an hour each), and then I’d ask my wife “Another one?”...to which she never said no.  I have a couple of minor quibbles with it, but it really sucked me in.  And it’s already been picked up for a second season.  

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Huh? Then why the fvck are they allowed to participate in the lottery?! That’s bullsh!t.

I think you answered your own question there. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Confirmed by league that Van needs to beat Minnesota for NJD to get the pick.

I can’t figure out if we want this year’s pick or next year’s pick. 

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Huh? Then why the fvck are they allowed to participate in the lottery?! That’s bullsh!t.

I agree, but if it were true the Devils would already own the pick and if van lost would get another shot at the lottery. 

OH well. 

Edited by NJDevils1214

For playoff stat purposes only are the play-in rounds counting as actual playoffs. The real playoffs don't start until the play-in round is over. Vancouver wins that we get their pick. They loose the play-in round we get it next year.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I can’t figure out if we want this year’s pick or next year’s pick. 

This year’s. I really don’t see Vancouver taking a step back next season. They have a pretty good young team. I guess it’s possible Hughes could have a sophomore slump though, or Pettersson, Boeser, etc could get hurt (not that I’d wish for that). But this draft is supposed to be the deepest in a while. Rather have it now. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

This year’s. I really don’t see Vancouver taking a step back next season. They have a pretty good young team. I guess it’s possible Hughes could have a sophomore slump though, or Pettersson, Boeser, etc could get hurt (not that I’d wish for that). But this draft is supposed to be the deepest in a while. Rather have it now. 

Yeah I also rather the pick be 2020.  Devils could get another top prospect a year sooner to get this sh!t show off the ground.

8 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Yeah I also rather the pick be 2020.  Devils could get another top prospect a year sooner to get this sh!t show off the ground.

Probably makes sense. Unless some stupid sh!t happens again and Vancouver winds up with the 2021 1st.