NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have one of the smallest houses on my block, I could buy the nicest 5 bed, 5 bath house in North Carolina and have money left over. 

I know this because I have friends who recently did it lol. 

And I bet their property tax is 1/4 the amount, if that.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

It's amazing at how much of a difference it makes in terms of standard of living when you make $50K in NJ versus say in the Mid-West or Carolinas.

For what I paid for my latest home that I bought last June I could live in a house 2-3 times bigger in the Carolinas.

This +100.

We have a house in Jersey and a house in Denver NC.  Both houses = in value \ only because the one in NC is on  lake Norman. A house across the street from that one not on the lake is 1/2 the value.  Taxes in NJ are 18k+ the house in NC is under 3k.  Crazy.

2 hours ago, titans04 said:

This +100.

We have a house in Jersey and a house in Denver NC.  Both houses = in value \ only because the one in NC is on  lake Norman. A house across the street from that one not on the lake is 1/2 the value.  Taxes in NJ are 18k+ the house in NC is under 3k.  Crazy.

And many people working in Charlotte buy homes in northern south Carolina and it's even less expensive..!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

And I bet their property tax is 1/4 the amount, if that.

That's why people move South. I live in Va. & my taxes are reasonable. The rest of my family live in Manasquan, Sea Girt, Brick & Howell. They get raped .

44 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

That's why people move South. I live in Va. & my taxes are reasonable. The rest of my family live in Manasquan, Sea Girt, Brick & Howell. They get raped .

yep.  Although nobody forces us to live down here.  Taxed to death by choice.

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Guess who has two thumbs, a 101.8 degree fever, a smoker's cough and a third refusal from Indian River County on a request for a COVD-19 test while I have an immunocompromised wife sitting next to me? 

this guy. 

Hopefully, you can get tested soon, know one way or the other. Hang in there brother

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Guess who has two thumbs, a 101.8 degree fever, a smoker's cough and a third refusal from Indian River County on a request for a COVD-19 test while I have an immunocompromised wife sitting next to me? 

this guy. 

Hope you feel better soon bro.... and that’s total bullsh!t, how can they not allow you to get tested when you’re showing symptoms?! Florida is a joke.

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

this guy. 

What's the reason they are giving you for refusing you the test? If you're not a perfect candidate(unfortunately) who is? Crazy. 

I know this is far from ideal but I've seen doctors and nurses setting up beds in garages and spare rooms to stay away from their families during this. Surely not ideal but better safe than sorry if it's possible at all for you. 

I hope you feel better soon!

Edited by Satans Hockey

40 minutes ago, MB3 said:

this guy. 

Feel better man. 

My wife has milder symptoms than yours, but was in contact with someone who tested positive, so she has been tested. Awaiting results.

99% we’re all gonna get some form of it before it’s all over. 

54 minutes ago, MB3 said:

this guy. 

Feel better brother!!  The entire testing situation is a farce.

Oh man MB3, best of luck, of course I hope it's not CV, but regardless of what it is, I hope you feel better soon.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

to answer the questions, I've been told that since I am not hospitalized and not in the age range of concern (and I have no underlying health issues), I can't get tested because of the limited quantities. which is a catch-22, because if I need to be hospitalized (and if this is the worst of it, I definitely don't) I need a positive test. Can't get a test without hospitalization, can't get hospitalized without a test. 

started 3 days ago. I had weird, weird, weird vivid dreams. A few migraines. Little bit of a cough. Tons of gastrointestinal distress even though I'm eating really clean lately (my wife is required to eat ridiculously healthy lately, so I'm doing so out of solidarity). it legit felt like I was housing wings and pitchers of beer. Yesterday it felt like a nasty cold. Today definitely feels like the flu or worse. When I inhale, there's a little bit of rattling... which is unsettling to say the least. I've been self quarantined since last monday, but our plumbing went out completely this weekend -- we had no hot water and low water pressure. So we had a plumber on monday morning. guessing that's where I got it, but who knows.

stay home everyone. please. 

EDIT: and yes @Satans Hockey, I'm fortunate enough to have an unused guest room and guest bathroom at my house. We still pass eachother in the house, but at least I've been able to stay away from her as much as possible. 

Godspeed MB, hope you either beat the symptoms soon or get a test to validate continued self quarantine.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MB3 said:

to answer the questions, I've been told that since I am not hospitalized and not in the age range of concern (and I have no underlying health issues), I can't get tested because of the limited quantities. which is a catch-22, because if I need to be hospitalized (and if this is the worst of it, I definitely don't) I need a positive test. Can't get a test without hospitalization, can't get hospitalized without a test. 

started 3 days ago. I had weird, weird, weird vivid dreams. A few migraines. Little bit of a cough. Tons of gastrointestinal distress even though I'm eating really clean lately (my wife is required to eat ridiculously healthy lately, so I'm doing so out of solidarity). it legit felt like I was housing wings and pitchers of beer. Yesterday it felt like a nasty cold. Today definitely feels like the flu or worse. When I inhale, there's a little bit of rattling... which is unsettling to say the least. I've been self quarantined since last monday, but our plumbing went out completely this weekend -- we had no hot water and low water pressure. So we had a plumber on monday morning. guessing that's where I got it, but who knows.

EDIT: and yes @Satans Hockey, I'm fortunate enough to have an unused guest room and guest bathroom at my house. We still pass eachother in the house, but at least I've been able to stay away from her as much as possible. 

All the best MB, one of the twins are in the hospital as well. Tuesday night he had erratic breathing and was admitted. They did a COVID test on him, moved him to the COVID floor (no confirmed cases on the floor with him and the wife who has asthma and other higher risk things) and now the entire family is on self monitoring. I've been stuck inside with the other one and since we're on self monitoring, cant go anywhere like a park to walk. Have had a few people drop by to drop things off or pick things up, but it definitely blows.

Edited by jagknife
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

Best of luck MB. I hope it doesn't get any worse and goes real soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

All the best MB, one of the twins are in the hospital as well. Tuesday night he had erratic breathing and was admitted. They did a COVID test on him, moved him to the COVID floor (no confirmed cases on the floor with him and the wife who has asthma and other higher risk things) and now the entire family is on self monitoring. I've been stuck inside with the other one and since we're on self monitoring, cant go anywhere like a park to walk. Have had a few people drop by to drop things off or pick things up, but it definitely blows.

I hope everything goes ok for you & your family Jagknife. I know what a worry it is when your kids are sick.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jagknife said:

Sorry to hear that jag. I know you must feel, like I would, that you’d rather it be you than your kid. I wish you the best man, rough times but I hope it all resolves quickly. 

• Like 2

All the best, guys.  Reading this is the first time it's actually felt like it's directly affecting someone close to me. 

My wife is due to have a baby girl the first week of May so I'm praying this thing can at least settle down a bit before we (or maybe just her at this point) have to spend some time in the hospital. 

Hey @DevsMan84, which grocery store?  I don't think we live too far apart from one another.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

I hope everything goes ok for you & your family Jagknife. I know what a worry it is when your kids are sick.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Sorry to hear that jag. I know you must feel, like I would, that you’d rather it be you than your kid. I wish you the best man, rough times but I hope it all resolves quickly. 

Thanks everyone. We’re cautiously optimistic they’ll be home tomorrow. We were hoping for today, but the lab still doesn’t have his viral swab results back, COVID will be another few.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah Jag, all the best.  Nothing worse than seeing your kid sick, with anything.  Hope he recovers quickly.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crisis said:

All the best, guys.  Reading this is the first time it's actually felt like it's directly affecting someone close to me. 

My wife is due to have a baby girl the first week of May so I'm praying this thing can at least settle down a bit before we (or maybe just her at this point) have to spend some time in the hospital. 

Hey @DevsMan84, which grocery store?  I don't think we live too far apart from one another.

Kings in Bedminster.

Today is two weeks since I was last in the office.   I got word a couple days ago that we are all to work from home through April 13.  Right now the only thing I am missing at the office are my dual screens.

7 hours ago, jagknife said:

Thanks everyone. We’re cautiously optimistic they’ll be home tomorrow. We were hoping for today, but the lab still doesn’t have his viral swab results back, COVID will be another few.

Wow and I hope for nothing but all the best

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Morning everyone. After what can only be described as the worst night of my life, I have been declared “presumptive positive” by a video conference doctor and told to self isolate for 14 days after my fever has gone away 72 consecutive hours. I asked about getting a test and was basically told that i’m young and don’t need one because i live in a town full of old snowbirds. I asked if that made me less of a taxpaying citizen which the doctor did not appreciate. oh well. 

thing comes in waves. i’ll have two full hours where i think i’m completely over it and then i’ll have a coughing fit so bad it’s hard to get air. i’m a healthy, pretty fit 28 year old who plays hockey and tennis and works out. 

Wasn't shortness of breath supposed to be one of the symptoms that would allow you to at least see a doctor?  Seems ridiculous that you can't at least get a damned test.  

How high is your fever?  

• Like 1