NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

20 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Morning everyone. After what can only be described as the worst night of my life, I have been declared “presumptive positive” by a video conference doctor and told to self isolate for 14 days after my fever has gone away 72 consecutive hours. I asked about getting a test and was basically told that i’m young and don’t need one because i live in a town full of old snowbirds. I asked if that made me less of a taxpaying citizen which the doctor did not appreciate. oh well. 

thing comes in waves. i’ll have two full hours where i think i’m completely over it and then i’ll have a coughing fit so bad it’s hard to get air. i’m a healthy, pretty fit 28 year old who plays hockey and tennis and works out. 

As insane as it sounds to a logical persons the fact you’re young and healthy, and (I assume) have no real underlying health conditions, they probably are using that as defense to not test you and just roll presumptive.

it pisses me off for you that they’re ignoring the secondary effects such as your wife.

my buddy’s wife is in the same boat as you, young healthy and symptomatic but they aren’t testing her, at least not yet. Meanwhile my little guy gets a test and wasn’t symptomatic. That at least made a tiny bit of sense since they don’t fully know symptoms in toddlers.

Beat of luck dude, if you need anything I’ll sanitize the sh!t out of stuff and mail if once we get out of quarantine here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jagknife said:

All the best MB, one of the twins are in the hospital as well. Tuesday night he had erratic breathing and was admitted. They did a COVID test on him, moved him to the COVID floor (no confirmed cases on the floor with him and the wife who has asthma and other higher risk things) and now the entire family is on self monitoring. I've been stuck inside with the other one and since we're on self monitoring, cant go anywhere like a park to walk. Have had a few people drop by to drop things off or pick things up, but it definitely blows.

Hang in there brother. Hope he’s okay and makes a full recovery. 🙏

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Morning everyone. After what can only be described as the worst night of my life, I have been declared “presumptive positive” by a video conference doctor and told to self isolate for 14 days after my fever has gone away 72 consecutive hours. I asked about getting a test and was basically told that i’m young and don’t need one because i live in a town full of old snowbirds. I asked if that made me less of a taxpaying citizen which the doctor did not appreciate. oh well. 

thing comes in waves. i’ll have two full hours where i think i’m completely over it and then i’ll have a coughing fit so bad it’s hard to get air. i’m a healthy, pretty fit 28 year old who plays hockey and tennis and works out. 

I’m sorry to hear that MB, really hope you feel better soon brother. Stay strong. 🙏

15 hours ago, jagknife said:

All the best MB, one of the twins are in the hospital as well. Tuesday night he had erratic breathing and was admitted. They did a COVID test on him, moved him to the COVID floor (no confirmed cases on the floor with him and the wife who has asthma and other higher risk things) and now the entire family is on self monitoring. I've been stuck inside with the other one and since we're on self monitoring, cant go anywhere like a park to walk. Have had a few people drop by to drop things off or pick things up, but it definitely blows.

Wow Jag, praying for your family. I can't imagine that feeling. Keep us updated!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Scary that the US is now having the most cases in the world... even though all i keep hearing is that nobody thinking they have it can get a damn test. 

If you are someone like an NBA player or Kim fvcking Kardashian you bet your ass you will get tested within 24 hours.

The virus doesn't discriminate in any way when it comes to its victims, but as a society we definitely have people who are judged to be more valuable than others.  Apparently, a 23-year old single millionaire NBA player's life is far more valuable than a 40-year old father of 3 kids and is the sole breadwinner for the family who live paycheck to paycheck.

#GodBlessAmerica

My wife signed up for testing, it took them like 5 days to call her back and tell her she could come in. Of course, she’s a teacher and they have been monitoring them closely because they could have potentially passed it on to hundreds of people. She still hasn’t gotten her results after 3 days. 

Thankfully, her symptoms have not progressed. But it is troubling that people a lot sicker than she is can’t get tested. I know part of the logic is that there’s no treatment for the virus, you can only treat the symptoms. They feel it’s pointless to test some people when the result doesn’t impact the treatment. 

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Huge news for us: little guy just got home. COVID negative. still no results on the viral but either way. They’re home and off quarantine.

All the thoughts, prayers and good vibes to @MB3, @mfitz804 and anyone else that knows someone battling.

Awesome news my man, glad to hear it.

And thanks for the well wishes, my wife is doing better than many who have the virus, I still suspect she will be negative but if not, she’s fighting it hard and still fever free. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, jagknife said:

Huge news for us: little guy just got home. COVID negative. still no results on the viral but either way. They’re home and off quarantine.

All the thoughts, prayers and good vibes to @MB3, @mfitz804 and anyone else that knows someone battling.

So glad to hear Jag! Whew.

Hope your is feeling better soon too Fitz

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

So glad to hear Jag! Whew.

Hope your is feeling better soon too Fitz

She has tested positive for the virus. Still very mild symptoms right now, hopefully it stays that way.

Myself and my daughter are presumptive positive having minor cold symptoms. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

She has tested positive for the virus. Still very mild symptoms right now, hopefully it stays that way.

I’m sorry Fitz... I hope you all feel better soon. 🙏

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

All the best dude, hope they stay mild as she gets better!

18 hours ago, jagknife said:

So great to see this. Wishing MB3 and the Mfritz families well too. Keep digging everyone.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So my little guy had a combination of Rhino virus and another rare one. Apparently that is another awful thing making the rounds out here.

Stay healthy folks.

So sorry to hear this about your son!  

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Wishing you all well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

This is the weirdest sick i’ve ever been. Woke up this morning and told my wife i was about 15 minutes away from needing a hospital. It felt like i had been running wind sprints. 

Within 5 minutes of saying that, i felt okay-ish. 2 hours later i felt like i was completely and totally over it except for lingering throat and lung discomfort. Now i’m back in bed wondering if i’m going to need a hospital. 

Stay the fvck home. 

Scary stuff. I can’t even imagine how the elderly people that have it are doing if someone young like you feel that bad.