Hall, Coyotes talking contract with NHL season paused: report

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I miss it. I've taken to doing my usual sports routines in every-day life. Yesterday, my wife burned the chicken. I booed the sh!t out of her. I saw the garbage-man tossing my trash into the tru

Was the conversation: Coyotes: “Want a new contract?” Taylor:  

Every team, hobby and whatever other interest all have their own share of idiots. The world is filled with them lol

Posted Images

theres no way he doesn't explore free agency at this point. Plus, I can't help myself but to bring it up.. I still just do not understand how there was never any type of offer made to him from this organization. Blows my mind. 

• Like 1

They’re probably in a position to make him a bigger offer than he might get in the offseason from a “contender.”   Also, who knows what’s going to happen with the salary cap if they lose the rest of the season.  It wouldn’t be a terrible move to lock in with Arizona now 

11 hours ago, Lateralous said:

They’re probably in a position to make him a bigger offer than he might get in the offseason from a “contender.”   Also, who knows what’s going to happen with the salary cap if they lose the rest of the season.  It wouldn’t be a terrible move to lock in with Arizona now 

Weren't we in this position too?

36 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I honestly wonder if we just didn't want to commit that much money to a player that would be conceivably leaving his prime when Jack and Nico entered theirs. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yes, I just think things have changed since then.   He’s got another 3/4 of a season under his belt where he’s been really good but didn’t look anything like the 2018 MVP, uncertainty with the NHL season And finances, etc.  

Erik Karlsson eventually got his money but when he rejected Ottawa’s offer and then kind of sucked in SJ (at least compared to what he did for the Sens when they made the ECF) it seemed like he overplayed his hand and would have to take less.  I’m just wondering if that’s the thinking for Hall and his agent.   

Again, not saying he’s sucked, he’s just one more year removed from his MVP season, so it might be better to lock in now if Coyotes are willing to pay top dollars. Not sure if they can even sign a contract during shutdown but at least they can come to an agreement 

• Like 1
On 3/29/2020 at 7:25 PM, sammyk said:

Perhaps his girl likes it there.  Canadian girl tired of the cold.

that might change when it's 110 degrees daily and you don't want to go anywhere. But, there's no humidity! 110 degrees is 110 degrees.

2 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

that might change when it's 110 degrees daily and you don't want to go anywhere. But, there's no humidity! 110 degrees is 110 degrees.

I’ll take the desert heat over humidity every day. I can’t stand needing to take a shower as soon as you step outside.

There are also not very many allergies out there either which for someone like me is pretty big. I’ve lived NJ, VA, AZ, and currently FLA and my allergies (and asthma) were never better than when I lived in AZ. Florida is the worst for allergies and humidity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 9:25 PM, Lateralous said:

Agreed, absolutely the worst time to look to cash in on a big contract, there is so much uncertainty in what future revenues will look like that I cannot fathom he would get anywhere near what he would have gotten just 6 months ago. He rolled the dice and will lose as a result.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Agreed, absolutely the worst time to look to cash in on a big contract, there is so much uncertainty in what future revenues will look like that I cannot fathom he would get anywhere near what he would have gotten just 6 months ago. He rolled the dice and will lose as a result.

Seriously. He’s probably kicking himself for not signing long-term with the Devils now. He’d be locked in. But who the hell could’ve ever predicted something like this?! It’s the most unforeseen of unforeseen circumstances.

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Seriously. He’s probably kicking himself for not signing long-term with the Devils now. He’d be locked in. But who the hell could’ve ever predicted something like this?! It’s the most unforeseen of unforeseen circumstances.

I'd agree if Shero had ever made him a legit offer that Hall had turned down.  But as we now know, it simply never got that far.  

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'd agree if Shero had ever made him a legit offer that Hall had turned down.  But as we now know, it simply never got that far.  

Was that Shero or was that coming from the top?

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

We still disagree on this point. Hall said he wanted to wait. You don't then desperately throw an offer at him.

If Hall wanted to be here, he would, it's as simple as that. If he said he was ready to discuss a contract, they would've backed the money truck up to his house. He didn't want to sign here, it didn't matter what Shero put in front of him.

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We still disagree on this point. Hall said he wanted to wait. You don't then desperately throw an offer at him.

If Hall wanted to be here, he would, it's as simple as that. If he said he was ready to discuss a contract, they would've backed the money truck up to his house. He didn't want to sign here, it didn't matter what Shero put in front of him.

Which is part of the reason that it never went that far.  I wasn't advocating that Shero just throw out an offer out of desperation.  Just that I still believe that both sides were hesitant enough (with fair reasons for each party) that it never got to discussing actual numbers.

My point to MD2020 is that I don't think you can necessarily kick yourself for not deciding to stay if there was never an actual offer to decline (even Hall wanting to wait was part of the reason an offer was never made).  

If anything, I'm now OK with Hall not being re-signed, though I was on-board with it previously.  I think that MVP season was a "Every Last Thing Breaking Right" scenario for Hall (much like it was for the team).  Like I've detailed in previous posts...I think within 3 seasons, we would have either been lamenting not getting enough production out of Hall (given his new price tag), or Hall missing too many games and being too brittle.  

46 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Which is part of the reason that it never went that far.  I wasn't advocating that Shero just throw out an offer out of desperation.  Just that I still believe that both sides were hesitant enough (with fair reasons for each party) that it never got to discussing actual numbers.

My point to MD2020 is that I don't think you can necessarily kick yourself for not deciding to stay if there was never an actual offer to decline (even Hall wanting to wait was part of the reason an offer was never made).  

If anything, I'm now OK with Hall not being re-signed, though I was on-board with it previously.  I think that MVP season was a "Every Last Thing Breaking Right" scenario for Hall (much like it was for the team).  Like I've detailed in previous posts...I think within 3 seasons, we would have either been lamenting not getting enough production out of Hall (given his new price tag), or Hall missing too many games and being too brittle.  

Your post implied that the blame on Shero for not making an offer. which is what I was disagreeing with.

He's not kicking himself whatsoever, he didn't and doesn't want to be in NJ. He'll wind up making less money, which sucks, but honestly he probably would have taken less money to play elsewhere already. It's just a sh!t time to be a free agent. But nobody would have forseen this.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

He could just sign a one year deal, my guess is with Edmonton, and then sign an extension next summer. 

Risky with his recent injury history, but I guess it worked for Zach Parise.

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

True.... but Hall also didn’t seem like he was pushing the envelope to sign either. It takes two to tango.

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Risky with his recent injury history, but I guess it worked for Zach Parise.

True, I just feel like he should want to have another shot at a contract season. He definitely played on two bad teams this year but he wasn’t exactly lighting it up on either team. Especially in a time where the top players seem to be easily Hitting 100+ points.

12 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

True, I just feel like he should want to have another shot at a contract season. He definitely played on two bad teams this year but he wasn’t exactly lighting it up on either team. Especially in a time where the top players seem to be easily Hitting 100+ points.

In fairness, he’s never been that type of player, minus one season where he came close. 

• 4 weeks later...

wanna laugh read some of the comments here in the replies to this tweet. Holy hell makes it embarrassing to even be a fan of the team or even the sport.