Hall, Coyotes talking contract with NHL season paused: report

smelly

9 hours ago, Daniel said:

"Perfectly fine" is not a ringing endorsement. It more or less worked.  The last ten minutes were cringy, but alternative endings would have been unsatisfying too.  It was about on par with the ending of The Wire. 

image.gif.4d6180553c5e70f20fddf3a18cfaa992.gif

i was not a huge fan of how things ended for many many characters in GOT and i felt there was a lot of missed opportunities but it didn't make me hate it. I'm always trying to differentiate not getting exactly what i expected or wanted and what is actually a flaw. These days there's quite a bit of people who cannot make the difference when they are watching something.

If anything the pacing was either too stretched or too rushed once the big battle happened. That episode was actually amazing IMO. 

I guess once you've seen the finale for Dexter... it sets the bar pretty damn low for everything else

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i was not a huge fan of how things ended for many many characters in GOT and i felt there was a lot of missed opportunities but it didn't make me hate it. I'm always trying to differentiate not getting exactly what i expected or wanted and what is actually a flaw. These days there's quite a bit of people who cannot make the difference when they are watching something.

If anything the pacing was either too stretched or too rushed once the big battle happened. That episode was actually amazing IMO. 

I guess once you've seen the finale for Dexter... it sets the bar pretty damn low for everything else

I know ratings aren’t everything, but the GoT series finale actually has a lower rating on IMDb (4.1) than Dexter’s (4.6). Ouch lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I know ratings aren’t everything, but the GoT series finale actually has a lower rating on IMDb (4.1) than Dexter’s (4.6). Ouch lol

Ok  then i'm gonna start over.

I guess once you've seen the finale for Alf... is sets the bar pretty damn low for everything else.

edit: just checked... the rating on imdb for that one is over 7.... screw this. you have to be a maniac to appreciate the last episode of Alf. He got captured by the government, we know they were going to kill him and run a bunch of experimentations on him. 

• Haha 2

Gonna chime in because I just finished my 4th or 5th run through The Wire.

It's the perfect show to me with the perfect meta ending.  As much as I would have loved to see a season or two more, the abrupt ending mirrored their investigations and wiretaps being shut down at a moment's notice. 

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

Gonna chime in because I just finished my 4th or 5th run through The Wire.

It's the perfect show to me with the perfect meta ending.  As much as I would have loved to see a season or two more, the abrupt ending mirrored their investigations and wiretaps being shut down at a moment's notice. 

Yep, might be time to do a re-watch on that one, it’s been a couple years. 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yep, might be time to do a re-watch on that one, it’s been a couple years. 

Have you watched it since it was converted into HD? No more 4:3 aspect ratio either. It looks great now. 

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Have you watched it since it was converted into HD? No more 4:3 aspect ratio either. It looks great now. 

I don’t believe I have, actually. I may have to put me GOT rewatch on the back burner. 

On 5/15/2020 at 9:09 PM, SterioDesign said:

Holy sh!t did l HATE the final season of dexter. All that buildup for him to completely abandon the code, absolutely horrendous.

GoT was frustrating but man did Dexter actually make me mad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Holy sh!t did l HATE the final season of dexter. All that buildup for him to completely abandon the code, absolutely horrendous.

I found pretty much all of Dexter overrated.  Annoying voiceover and annoying prominent character in his sister.  

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I found pretty much all of Dexter overrated.  Annoying voiceover and annoying prominent character in his sister.  

The sister was really annoying. Also there was a whole ongoing thing about how hot she was, and honestly she was kind of funny looking. 

On 5/15/2020 at 11:06 PM, SterioDesign said:

Ok  then i'm gonna start over.

I guess once you've seen the finale for Alf... is sets the bar pretty damn low for everything else.

edit: just checked... the rating on imdb for that one is over 7.... screw this. you have to be a maniac to appreciate the last episode of Alf. He got captured by the government, we know they were going to kill him and run a bunch of experimentations on him. 

For the first time in ages I logged on and clicked on this thread to see what if there were developments with Taylor Hall contract talks and instead only learned how Alf ended lol.  Ended about as well as Hall's tenure in New Jersey I guess.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

For the first time in ages I logged on and clicked on this thread to see what if there were developments with Taylor Hall contract talks and instead only learned how Alf ended lol.  Ended about as well as Hall's tenure in New Jersey I guess.

At least Taylor didn’t eat any cats. 

On 5/21/2020 at 11:19 AM, jagknife said:

yeahh... i mean... how GOT ended... What happened... all made sense in a way... it was rushed and not well executed i feel but still.. i think it's mostly a case of people not getting what they wanted. Like i can understand all the decisions mostly. 

But Dexter... that's really a... why in hell would you end it like this? Not gonna spoil anything but one person really never deserved what happened to her. Terrible terrible decision.