2020 New York J-E-T-S thread

NJDevs4978

The Jets didn't have any major opt outs until now...it was inevitable. All that $ for essentially 2 quarters of football in two years.

I'm just not feeling that a 2020 season will even happen at this point

• 1 month later...

Well the season opener is here...of course two of the Jets' top picks (Mims and Perine) are both on the shelf with injuries and poor Avery Williamson is also out after waiting a full year to rehab from the ACL.

Can't say I'm all that optomistic about our offense today in bad weather, with an o-line that's not game ready and with our only WR's of note being Crowder, Perriman and Chris Hogan.  Plus Leveon hasn't been great in camp, wouldn't shock me if Gore got more carries this week, especially against one of his former teams.

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol thanks for nothing Herndon, where's Ryan Griffin when you need him?

If the Jets were an actual competent organization they could take advantage of the Bills failure to put this game multiple times, they should have put us away before halftime or when Allen missed that gimme TD pass in the endzone.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I knew they'd lose today, but I was hoping for an encouraging loss where you have a lot more positives than negatives to dwell on. Bills have an elite defensive unit and we're just not equipped to do anything offensively against a team like that. But this was much MUCH worse than I expected. 

First off Darnold looked terrible and lost from the start. His accuracy was crap. When the did get the ball there it was dropped. We have crap at the receiver position and don't get any separation. What the hell do you expect from Chris Hogan, Breshad Perriman who's entire career is the 5 good games he finished off last season with. Ineffective and now injured Bell. Crowder shows up to play but seriously that's it. But even with all of that Darnold does not look improved at all or at ease in this offense

The defense can stop the run and do little else. What a surprise. Maye had a great game but we have nothing at the LB position (Avery Williamson coming back will help, Mosley quitting on the year killed us) Garbage at the CB position (why the hell didn't we sign Logan Ryan!?)

the offensive line I thought did ok considering the opponent

No significant reinforcements are coming either. Bell is hurt with a hamstring so he's likely out a few weeks. Perine is still hurt. Mims will be back eventually and will give the receiving corps another dimension. Still he's a rookie who's never practiced. 

Doesn't get easier next week with a pissed off 0-1 defending NFC champion 49ers team coming to town. Another sure loss

Edited by '7'

9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Jesus christ, the Jets look like as big a joke as the Dolphins did the first two weeks of last season.  Of course I have zero confidence in Gase to get them out of it the way Flores did.

No faith in him as a competent playcaller. He doesn't have a feel for the game it seems and there just isn't any creativity...isn't anything special about anything he does

It would be nice to finally see the Jets overachieve a bit. They never did with the incompetent Bowles and they're not under Gase. And the undisciplined stuff under Bowles is continuing under Gase. Too many penalties

Yeah the fact they couldn't even match or beat the Logan Ryan deal suggests they're trying to soft tank.  I know Williams did well last year with no-name corners and Ryan wants to play some safety (which we probably wouldn't offer) but that doesn't mean you just give him junk every year.

Thanks again Peyton for selling our wonderful owner a bill of goods with this horrible head coach.  And Gregg Williams hasn't exactly distinguished himself so far this year either, although in his defense giving him slop for cornerbacks, trading our best player and having next to nothing in terms of a pass rush kinda makes it difficult to play D.

Allowing a 3rd and 31 on another toss sweep is the perfect coda for this piece of garbage organization.  The Jets almost make the Mets look well-run which is damn near impossible.

Edited by NJDevs4978

They actually looked a bit better on O. Darnold I don't think played so poorly despite having the worst receiving corps I have ever seen. By the end of the day it was what...Berrios and Hogan? Embarrassing

The first play and the 3rd and 31 (game was over by then anyway) was absolutely nauseating. 

The 9ers were decimated by injuries yesterday. Gunt punch decimated. And it didn't slow them down one iota. That's the mark of a well run franchise

I get Darnold has no receivers and no coaches worth a damn but you just can't do the sh!t he did today...two pick-sixes AND a freebee giveaway in the red zone.  God this Thursday night game with Denver and Driskel is gonna be a hideous one to watch.  Might be our only shot at a win at the rate things are going, at least until they finally boot Gase on his ass.

I expected them to be more competitive against the Colts...not quite on the level of San Fran and Buffalo. They weren't. It was the same song and dance. The defense was non existent regarding pass defense per usual. They can stop the run (and always have) but they just get picked apart otherwise

A lot of this is on Darnolds shoulders regarding these mistakes. Yes he has the worst weapons in the league but those turnovers are inexcusable. Gase/Darnold is not a good fit. Both may be walking the plank here. As likeable as Darnold is, he just may not be smart enough or have the right intincts to play the position

If they lose to Denver, Gase is gone

Sounds like this is more a Jet issue than a ref issue going off Twitter. The Jets themselves are being moronic with Bechton, you don’t screw around with your franchise tackle on a short week but that’s what happens with desperate coaches I guess. Never mind even the Darnold thing where he’s going back in too.

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Sounds like this is more a Jet issue than a ref issue going off Twitter. The Jets themselves are being moronic with Bechton, you don’t screw around with your franchise tackle on a short week but that’s what happens with desperate coaches I guess. Never mind even the Darnold thing where he’s going back in too.

I don't know...throwing Darnold to the ground like that. And then the non roughing the punter. The Jets are and have been an undisciplined team since Herm left but this has been a disgrace by the refs tonight. Tonight is more them than us (though I'm sure some of it has been us)

Gase's playcalling when they had a 1st down in the red zone is what will cost him his job (and he needs to be fired NOW) 2 runs to gore...and some retarded pass to Gore that had no chance. What in the world?

LOL Darnold sacks himself...perfect metaphor

The honeymoon's over for Gregg Williams too, I know you got no pass rushers and no corners but they have no quarterback and their #1 WR is out, and you let a future coach playing QB rip you up?  Not to mention the stupid undisciplined penalties, that's Todd Bowles-like.

Edited by NJDevs4978