Devils talked with Gallant

Nicomo

On 6/25/2020 at 10:45 AM, SterioDesign said:

could be that or simply a "leave no stone unturned" kind of thing too

There is a drawback to hiring a guy with totally different philosophy. like for example Dean Lombardi, who would say, I wouldn't have assembled a team like this. I'll go in a different direction.  therefore, I'll need 3-4 years to pull it off. I think ownership feels they are well on their way to having a very good team. Merely needs tweaking. We all thought Ray assembled a decent team (back in Oct) , just didn't perform for whatever reason.  (coaching? goaltending?) 

23 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I feel bad for whomever gets the job. Feels like it will be a stop gap coach. As long as the he makes our kids grow balls I don't care who it is. Just no nas please. 

I doubt any coach will sign with any club with short term contract. We all know coaches have short shelf life. He's covered even if he doesn't pan out. I think this is spot on and I hope whomever we hire can do this.  Even if you're smallish player (Like Nathan Gerbe) plays like he's 6-2 - 225.  

1 hour ago, Jerzey said:

So he has interest in coaching in the NHL , just not for the Devils.

Rikard: “So who’s the GM going to be”

Devils Mgm: “The what?”

R: “you need a GM...”

DM: “... nah.... we’ll be fine....”

R: “See ya...”

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Rikard: “So who’s the GM going to be”

Devils Mgm: “The what?”

R: “you need a GM...”

DM: “... nah.... we’ll be fine....”

R: “See ya...”

The bolded made me think of this instantly (go to the 10 sec mark):

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jaws+tiger+shark&ru=%2fvideos%2fsearch%3fq%3djaws%2btiger%2bshark%26FORM%3dHDRSC4&view=detail&mid=79DF0BD9D3EE3176AB6879DF0BD9D3EE3176AB68&rvsmid=BF7314554C66DC831E0BBF7314554C66DC831E0B&FORM=VDQVAP

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Can you blame him?  Feel like we're a bit directionless right now.

You’re only saying that because we aren’t playing, don’t have a permanent GM, don’t have a permanent coach, don’t have any true star forwards, don’t have any strong defensemen, and are relying on a very young goalie. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re only saying that because we aren’t playing, don’t have a permanent GM, don’t have a permanent coach, don’t have any true star forwards, don’t have any strong defensemen, and are relying on a very young goalie. 

we got brand new jerseys tho!

1 hour ago, MrBreeze said:

That would be a huge NO for me on keeping Nas. And I completely disagree with Button that it would be “delusional” to believe the Devils could make the playoffs next season. They add a capable backup, and Mac keeps playing at a high level they could be a bubble team. Especially if Nico, Jack, Bratt, and Gusev all have better seasons, which I think is pretty likely. 

Also, how about having a more experienced coach behind the bench precisely because we have such a young team? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrBreeze said:

Button literally is attributing all of the success under Nasraddine without even acknowledging the super human performance of a rookie goalie. He literally says he doesn't know if Blackwood is a #1 but as anyone with half a clue can see, if you put any of the other goalies we had this year in net for an extended period of time, that magical amazing record that Button gives Nassraddine the credit alone for is gone to sh!t and this isnt even a discussion. 

• Like 3