Devils talked with Rikard Grönborg

Guadana

The New Jersey Devils showed interest in Rikard Grönborg

The coach of the ZSC Lions will, however, honor his contract with the National League team.

"New Jersey did it the right way and called us first and asked if they could talk with our head coach," team manager Sven Leuenberger confirms to Klaus Zaugg (Watson). "We allowed it, but we made it very clear that we weren't releasing him from his contract."

Rikard Grönborg has no NHL out clause in his contract. That was by design as the ZCS Lions wanted some consistency for their team. However, it is no secret that it is the Swede's goal to coach in the NHL. Given New Jersey's interest that might happen sooner rather than later. His contract expires at the end of the 2020-21 season.

https://swisshockeynews.ch/index.php/shn/11-swiss-ice-hockey/nla/19596-the-new-jersey-devils-showed-interest-in-rikard-groenborg

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Wasn’t that the guy who coached Iceland in Mighty Ducks 2?

And in a parallel universe was a Nazi who conspired against the Reich to make peace with the Japanese and avoid WW3

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

If the Devils want him, $ can make that contract issue go away.

I mean why not, but I’d still prefer Gallant.

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

And in a parallel universe was a Nazi who conspired against the Reich to make peace with the Japanese and avoid WW3

Or one of Ned Stark’s bannermen who fought for the King in the North during the War of Five Kings. 

9 hours ago, Guadana said:

It could be a disappointment for moustic.

I clearly really really want him as our next coach ! No Doubt... I'm trying to stay positive and looking at these lines as " He is under contract... Pay us and we will see " 

With the type of players we got, he is the perfect guy ! 

24 minutes ago, moustic said:

I clearly really really want him as our next coach ! No Doubt... I'm trying to stay positive and looking at these lines as " He is under contract... Pay us and we will see " 

He has much experience on very different levels. And on every level he was successful. Hope Swiss team try to force up the prices.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, moustic said:

Imagine just for an exercise that i knew nothing about the guy, how would you describe him and what he could bring.

i actually know nothing about the guy.

Like Guadana says ... First of all, he knows how to succeed ! At every level ! He got the science of the Game and adapt his team to the level. You don't win the world cup by being medioc or lucky  ... Especially in a world dominate by Finland, Canada and US.With him at the headcoach, our players will really use their speed and make them a proper weapon. We know we have fast players but we barely use it ! Look at some Swedish plays during the world cup, the tempo and the combinaison  

Ok but stop reading my bad broken english and just let him describe his work 

• Like 1