Ticket Reps are still making their calls

I had a call this morning from my ticket rep, Jake,  asking how I was doing, etc., in light of the present circumstances. And that while he can't tell me when, its pretty much understood that there will be a full 2020-2021 regular season, most likely late November or early December for a start. 

Although he did ask what my thoughts were about attending games next season and he did mention there were plans available, there was zero pressure (there's always zero pressure; they have been calling me for years and I have never bought tickets that way). It was more 15 minutes of talking about this year's playoff structure, the draft, and the late start for next season. He was spot on with his knowledge of what had been discussed regarding all of the above so far.

So yeah, I totally took a 15 minute break from working to talk to a complete stranger about hockey. I thought it was weird for a minute, but then realized that all I do on this board is talk to people I don't know about hockey. 

• Like 5
On 5/29/2020 at 1:08 PM, mfitz804 said:

I had a call this morning from my ticket rep, Jake,  asking how I was doing, etc., in light of the present circumstances. And that while he can't tell me when, its pretty much understood that there will be a full 2020-2021 regular season, most likely late November or early December for a start. 

Although he did ask what my thoughts were about attending games next season and he did mention there were plans available, there was zero pressure (there's always zero pressure; they have been calling me for years and I have never bought tickets that way). It was more 15 minutes of talking about this year's playoff structure, the draft, and the late start for next season. He was spot on with his knowledge of what had been discussed regarding all of the above so far.

So yeah, I totally took a 15 minute break from working to talk to a complete stranger about hockey. I thought it was weird for a minute, but then realized that all I do on this board is talk to people I don't know about hockey. 

it's refreshing to hear that they are not putting pressure though.

I got a call from a salesman from my internet provider last week trying to get me to upgrade my internet to a phone landline/digital tv/internet bundle... i had to go from being super friendly to eventually "sorry dude but exactly how many times i will have to tell you that i "absolutely do not need or want a landline and digital tv" before you get a clue and let go?"

Like... I know they are desperate to make a sale but i said a million times that i do not need those services, even less if i have to pay more than what i'm paying already for something i don't want or need.