Devils Have Talked To Olczyk About GM Role?

titans04

then there's this, not going to start another thread.

I'll take it in a heart beat over Nass. Would like to see FItz go too personally. Too close to Shero and this fish has been rotten from the head on down the last number of too many years. He was too close for comfort in my book. Flush them all including the entire coaching staff. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I'll take it in a heart beat over Nass. Would like to see FItz go too personally. Too close to Shero and this fish has been rotten from the head on down the last number of too many years. He was too close for comfort in my book. Flush them all including the entire coaching staff. 

Oh dear god please no. Most overrated coach in the league. His teams always end up terrible possession-wise. Gallant or bust.

Edited by devlman

guy has a cup and has lost in the finals twice. Almost always has gotten his team to the playoffs.  Early exits sure he has some. Gallant has 3 round wins on his resume total in what 8-9 seasons?  #AnybodyButNass

guess I don't care about possession vs. wins and loses and especially compared to making the playoffs and eventually winning some of those games.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

Why is it that no matter who is mentioned, everyone says “no, anyone but him”? Who are you holding out for, and why is it that you think that this mystery perfect A++ GM or coach or whatever would want to come to New Jersey when they obviously have tons of options?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Why is it that no matter who is mentioned, everyone says “no, anyone but him”? Who are you holding out for, and why is it that you think that this mystery perfect A++ GM or coach or whatever would want to come to New Jersey when they obviously have tons of options?

I’m not holding out for anyone. I want the guy we already have. Fitzgerald has been, and continues to be, my first choice.

3 hours ago, titans04 said:

Now this I like....

2 hours ago, devlman said:

Oh dear god please no. Most overrated coach in the league. His teams always end up terrible possession-wise. Gallant or bust.

Huh?? He’s taken 3 different teams to the Cup Finals. There is literally no arguing with his results.

I’d be thrilled with Lav or Gallant. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Huh?? He’s taken 3 different teams to the Cup Finals. There is literally no arguing with his results.

I’d be thrilled with Lav or Gallant. 

He’s had loaded teams, man. How’d you think he’d do with a young team like our own?

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

He’s had loaded teams, man. How’d you think he’d do with a young team like our own?

Carolina was rebuilding when he took over and wasn’t that great outside of Stahl and Brind’Amour , Philly is seemingly always loaded yet he’s the only coach they ever made a run with, and the Preds never did much in the playoffs before Lav even with Barry Trotz. His record speaks for itself. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m not holding out for anyone. I want the guy we already have. Fitzgerald has been, and continues to be, my first choice.

I didn't mean to direct that at you in particular. Its a common opinion that we don't want guys because "he's been to the finals and lost three times", which is about the stupidest fvcking logic I have ever heard when your current coach is Alain fvcking Nasreddine. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I didn't mean to direct that at you in particular. Its a common opinion that we don't want guys because "he's been to the finals and lost three times", which is about the stupidest fvcking logic I have ever heard when your current coach is Alain fvcking Nasreddine. 

Bit of twisting going on here...some (myself included) have stated they wouldn’t want Boudreau as our first choice. Buts that’s only because there’s coaches available who have actually won a Cup, or made deeper runs more recently. Literally everyone would want Boudreau if it was a choice between him and Nas. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Bit of twisting going on here...some (myself included) have stated they wouldn’t want Boudreau as our first choice. Buts that’s only because there’s coaches available who have actually won a Cup, or made deeper runs more recently. Literally everyone would want Boudreau if it was a choice between him and Nas. 

Others said no to Laviolette, and countless others who have had more success than our team has in the past 10 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Others said no to Laviolette, and countless others who have had more success than our team has in the past 10 years. 

I thought you were talking about Boudreau. I’ve only seen one person (at least here) that stated they were completely against Lav. 

26 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I thought you were talking about Boudreau. I’ve only seen one person (at least here) that stated they were completely against Lav. 

I’m not going to go back through every post, but it seems to me it’s more than those two guys. And more than just coaches, GMs also.

I’m not saying it’s without reason, in some instances, but we’re being pretty picky if a guy with three trips to the finals but no Cups isn’t good enough; That implies we would hold our for someone who has won a Cup, which is unrealistic, or someone who has never made the finals, which makes no sense.

I’d like to see us get someone who can get us to the playoffs with some consistency. Of course, we’ll also need a roster that can get us to the playoffs with some consistency. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not going to go back through every post, but it seems to me it’s more than those two guys. And more than just coaches, GMs also.

I’m not saying it’s without reason, in some instances, but we’re being pretty picky if a guy with three trips to the finals but no Cups isn’t good enough; That implies we would hold our for someone who has won a Cup, which is unrealistic, or someone who has never made the finals, which makes no sense.

I’d like to see us get someone who can get us to the playoffs with some consistency. Of course, we’ll also need a roster that can get us to the playoffs with some consistency. 

Who would that be? 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:53 PM, mfitz804 said:

That absolutely does not imply that the correct coach has to have won a cup. If your criteria is any coach who has had any more success than us over the last decade than you’d likely be happy with anyone rather than the coach best able to develop our young players and play a competitive style suited to our roster. The next coach has the enormous responsibility of bringing along our young stars and squeezing as much out of this roster as possible. Lav’s loaded teams have looked underwhelming the past few years. I dont care that he took Carolina and Philly to cup finals 10-15 years ago (ancient history in hockey). Doesn’t make him the right coach.  

If it’s Lav vs Nas then sure give me Lav. Give me anyone but Nas. I’m not saying Lav is a bad coach but if it comes down to Lav vs Gallant then give me Gallant.

Lav took the Preds to the Cup finals in 2017. That’s not “ancient history.” And as good as those Nashville teams have been the last few years “loaded” is a bit of a stretch. They mostly get it done with defense and goaltending. Hell, Josi led them in points this season. 

• Like 2