Weekes: Devils to retain Fitz as GM, hire Ruff as coach

NJDevs4978

On 8/10/2020 at 7:37 AM, vadvlfan said:

Wonder if Fitz/Lindy are interviewing for asst coaches? Or waiting for specific guys to become available after season is complete? Lindy probably has a couple guys in mind. doesn't most of the time GM choose them because if they're forced to fire coach mid-season, one of them can step in. I think Lou chose assistants?

Plz no...

• Angry 1

Man that’s complete horsesh!t if Nas sticks around.  I’ve been as open-minded as possible about what’s been going on as of late, but if Hynes Part Deux is somehow seen as part of the solution going forward...fvck that, I’m gonna be pissed.

• Like 2

I don’t think a decent PK is enough of a reason to keep him around. I’m sure someone else could run it just fine. Especially with Zajac out there, and Mac in net.

I hope Fitz isn’t going to be loyal to a fault like his old boss was...

• Like 3

For some reason I'm kinda hopeful that Ruff in time will turn out to be our version of Joe Torre (not that I'm expecting multiple championships).  Though if Nas is allowed to stick around, that's not going to bolster that hope.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For some reason I'm kinda hopeful that Ruff in time will turn out to be our version of Joe Torre (not that I'm expecting multiple championships).  Though if Nas is allowed to stick around, that's not going to bolster that hope.  

Yeah I would accept that. 

• 1 year later...
On 7/9/2020 at 7:11 PM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Happy Fitz has been retained. There was a feeling he was going to be in demand if he wasn't kept so I think we have a good thing there. 

I am not overly thrilled by Ruff, but that's really based on a limited knowledge of him outside his time in buffalo. 

I hope he has the ability to work with young guys and actually develop players. Will be interesting to see who his assistants are. 

Rangers fans seem delighted he is gone, which is a worry. 

Welp , here we are. 

As they say even a broken clock is still correct twice a day. 

On 8/20/2020 at 2:13 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just...ugh