Weekes: Devils to retain Fitz as GM, hire Ruff as coach

NJDevs4978

If Chyka is indeed on his way out in Arizona, I’d love for him to come here and play a role in the office. His biggest blunder, if you can even really call it that, was adding Hall and throwing off the team’s chemistry (buzzword, I know, don’t care, the record speaks for itself).

23 hours ago, jagknife said:

If Chyka is indeed on his way out in Arizona, I’d love for him to come here and play a role in the office. His biggest blunder, if you can even really call it that, was adding Hall and throwing off the team’s chemistry (buzzword, I know, don’t care, the record speaks for itself).

not sure about that. in 5 years as GM,  he's 166-186-41.    1022 gf  and 1171 ga for a minus 149.  He was advanced analytics darling.  Trying to find something he did to merit another job anywhere?   For me, no thanks.  

13 minutes ago, jagknife said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-whats-next-coyotes-chayka-split/sn-amp/?__twitter_impression=true

TLDR - Chayka is believed to be coming to NJ. My guess president of hockey ops or chief analytics guy

Could be to run the analytics for the entire HBSE group (Devils, Sixers, their soccer team, and potentially Mets).

Edited by Jerzey

On 7/27/2020 at 1:49 PM, jagknife said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-whats-next-coyotes-chayka-split/sn-amp/?__twitter_impression=true

TLDR - Chayka is believed to be coming to NJ. My guess president of hockey ops or chief analytics guy

He's not allowed to take another GM or president of Hockey operation for another NHL team. So reports are suggesting he'd be overseeing aspects of other sports teams in the owner's portfolio.

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

He's not allowed to take another GM or president of Hockey operation for another NHL team. So reports are suggesting he'd be overseeing aspects of other sports teams in the owner's portfolio.

Has anything legality wise been decided about the terms of his resignation from Arizona? I’ve been out of the loop the last 96 hours cause of unpacking.

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Has anything legality wise been decided about the terms of his resignation from Arizona? I’ve been out of the loop the last 96 hours cause of unpacking.

well what i said is one thing. He cannot take the same "title / job" from another team.

But i also read that he had an "interview" with the devils owners and lied about it to his owner. Saying he was just making connections with owners across the league or wtv... but it WAS an interview. But i guess the devils were not interested ultimately? That's just rumours obviously i don't know for sure.

I'm sure more details will come out eventually but right now there's too much missing information and anything he's doing is probably done that way for a reason.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

well what i said is one thing. He cannot take the same "title / job" from another team.

But i also read that he had an "interview" with the devils owners and lied about it to his owner. Saying he was just making connections with owners across the league or wtv... but it WAS an interview. But i guess the devils were not interested ultimately? That's just rumours obviously i don't know for sure.

I'm sure more details will come out eventually but right now there's too much missing information and anything he's doing is probably done that way for a reason.

He cannot take a job as GM (for any team) in NHL until his "contract" expires in '23. I have a feeling when Arizona agreed to let him talk to Devils, it was NOT for job as GM (lateral move) When he tased Domi for Galchenyuk, what analytics moved him to pull the trigger on that one?

3 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

He cannot take a job as GM (for any team) in NHL until his "contract" expires in '23. I have a feeling when Arizona agreed to let him talk to Devils, it was NOT for job as GM (lateral move) When he tased Domi for Galchenyuk, what analytics moved him to pull the trigger on that one?

Wait...they’re tasing hockey players out in the desert? And what did Domi do to Galchenyuk to piss him off so bad??

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2020 at 12:51 PM, mfitz804 said:

I’m pretty sure Gisele at your birthday party is it’s own plus. 

Yeah, not bad!! My list was so boring lol. 

I'm late to the party on this, pun intended, but my list is pretty cool too.  I'd have Bon Jovi and Method Man bumping out contrasting but sweet hype music to keep the party going, with Jacob Josefson scoring endless shootout goals on Henrik Lundqvist, while Dr. Seuss provides stand-up comedy in the 21st century.  The kind of party with something for everyone! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm late to the party on this, pun intended, but my list is pretty cool too.  I'd have Bon Jovi and Method Man bumping out contrasting but sweet hype music to keep the party going, with Jacob Josefson scoring endless shootout goals on Henrik Lundqvist, while Dr. Seuss provides stand-up comedy in the 21st century.  The kind of party with something for everyone! 

Now that’s a party. 

• Like 1

Ohh fun fact about birthdays.. few years ago when i still worked at a design agency my boss was talking about Stranger Things with a client. And i guess they were talking about how well it was made with the brands of back in the days etc... so anyway i walked by and I'm a huuuuuuge Stranger Things fans. So they called me in and asked me how old the show maker was... I was like "well i'm not sure... they are twins but not sure how old they are... but they must be reaaaaaaallllly close to my age cause it's like that show was tailored specifically for me so it's like i grew up with them lol"

That night i remembered that convo and got curious so i decided to check. lol Turns we were all born on the same exact day lol February 15th 1984.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Ohh fun fact about birthdays.. few years ago when i still worked at a design agency my boss was talking about Stranger Things with a client. And i guess they were talking about how well it was made with the brands of back in the days etc... so anyway i walked by and I'm a huuuuuuge Stranger Things fans. So they called me in and asked me how old the show maker was... I was like "well i'm not sure... they are twins but not sure how old they are... but they must be reaaaaaaallllly close to my age cause it's like that show was tailored specifically for me so it's like i grew up with them lol"

That night i remembered that convo and got curious so i decided to check. lol Turns we were all born on the same exact day lol February 15th 1984.

Now I’m picturing you with Steve hair. 

Wonder if Fitz/Lindy are interviewing for asst coaches? Or waiting for specific guys to become available after season is complete? Lindy probably has a couple guys in mind. doesn't most of the time GM choose them because if they're forced to fire coach mid-season, one of them can step in. I think Lou chose assistants?