Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

What Kubalik is doing for Chicago is really impressive, but I was surprised to see he’s already 24. Really puts into perspective how young the Devils are. Most of our core (Nico, Jack, Bratt, Mac, Zacha) are all younger than this guy. And he’s a Calder finalist. Also crazy he was a 7th round pick. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You ever meet him? I know you’ve met pretty much everyone, and he did conventions. I sadly never did. 

Yeah no i never got to meet him unfortunately 

I'm gonna have to watch The Thing and Hard Target soon... and probably youtube that diabeetus commercial lol 

Edited by SterioDesign

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

goddamnit Wilford Brimley died. Way to ruin a decent day

Aw bummer.

He was one of those guys who never seemed to be young, almost like he was just born middle-aged...in Cocoon, he was only 49 when filming started.  He did color his hair gray for the part, and had some minor makeup applied to make him look older, but not too many 50ish types who could convincingly play someone roughly 20-25 years older as easily as he did.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

The Rangers lost but wtv... even if they lose, as long as they won't win the lottery thats all fine

alright we'll 2 of the 3 games we needed to go our way did tnight. 

If you talk about NYI and Chi so absolutely agree. But we don't need lafrenier's chances of being in metro to increase. If every metro team lose their playin and arizona did it too we will have 62,5% for Laf will go to the team we won`t. Bad perspective in the big picture. We should hope that this chance will get as close as possible to 12.5 and remain at this level.

5 hours ago, Guadana said:

If you talk about NYI and Chi so absolutely agree. But we don't need lafrenier's chances of being in metro to increase. If every metro team lose their playin and arizona did it too we will have 62,5% for Laf will go to the team we won`t. Bad perspective in the big picture. We should hope that this chance will get as close as possible to 12.5 and remain at this level.

Laf is good but not THAT good that we need to worry too much about that, of course we don't want him to go to the metro but rooting for that before rooting for our own actual benefits is probably a bit too much. That's the bad perspective in my opinion.

All we can control is what we do and my stance is based on a drafting perspective mostly, thats the big picture. If Chicago and MTL win and Arizona lose. We get pick the 9th instead of 11th, which is considerable. And we need Vancouver to win to get their pick.

I much rather root for us to land the best player we possibly can, a guy that will play for us for years and can potentially help the franchise... vs hoping we don't play a guy 4 times per season

Edited by SterioDesign

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Laf is good but not THAT good that we need to worry too much about that, of course we don't want him to go to the metro but rooting for that before rooting for our own actual benefits is probably a bit too much. That's the bad perspective in my opinion.

All we can control is what we do and my stance is based on a drafting perspective mostly, thats the big picture. If Chicago and MTL win and Arizona lose. We get pick the 9th instead of 11th, which is considerable. And we need Vancouver to win to get their pick.

I much rather root for us to land the best player we possibly can, a guy that will play for us for years and can potentially help the franchise... vs hoping we don't play a guy 4 times per season

I dont see a big difference between #9 or #10 prospect. Quinn or Mercer or Lundell - they are all would be good potential players for us.  For comparison I see a lot more difference between  columbus or pens (for example) with or without laf when devs will try to fight for playoff spot against them. 

Edited by Guadana

11 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I dont see a big difference between #9 or #10 prospect. Quinn or Mercer or Lundell - they are all would be good potential players for us.  For comparison I see a lot more difference between  columbus or pens (for example) with or without laf when devs will try to fight for playoff spot against them. 

Well that's fair but i'm sure Colorado didn't see much difference between Connor Bleackley and Pasternak either, imagine Colorado with him now though? Obviously that's nitpicking to support my argument but I always say, all we can possibly do is put ourselves in the best position to make the best possible decision and we need to think of us first. I mean there's SO many possible scenarios and then long term results from that. If Arizona win, then it's making rooting for MTL and Chicago irrelevant. Just like if Pittsburgh lose, they'd have potentially the lowest % when it comes to get the first overall pick. Then there's 4 West teams, so he could very well just go there. Or just like it could all go perfectly to the plan im suggesting and turns out the player that went at 11 turns into a Pasternak and we get a Connor Bleackley. 

58 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

If Arizona win, then it's making rooting for MTL and Chicago irrelevant. Just like if Pittsburgh lose, they'd have potentially the lowest % when it comes to get the first overall pick. Then there's 4 West teams, so he could very well just go there. Or just like it could all go perfectly to the plan im suggesting and turns out the player that went at 11 turns into a Pasternak and we get a Connor Bleackley. 

If Arizona win or not - anyway it`s a deep draft and i hope metro teams will pick as late as possible. Laf willn`t go to the Devils so everything i want to not see him in metro. And other good prospects preferably. 

About number of picking - i think it`s not a big difference in this draft between  9 or 10 or 11. Like i said we have different options - Mercer, Lundell, Zary, Quinn, Jarvis, Holloway, Lapierre. (Hope we will not pick Schneider) It`s more important how good our scouts did their job than when we will pick.

Look at Wash. They spent more than 10 years for SC. And they were lucky to win it. They did it only after they got two first line level centers, balanced the lineup and Carlson reached his career peak. They were absolutelyfully equipped. It's not the whole story, but sometimes you need luck to win and your opponents need svck. It will be easier for them without Laf. Philly is another side of that story - they had everything but their opponents like pens had more. I don't want the devils on this side one day.

Edited by Guadana

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Just like if Pittsburgh lose, they'd have potentially the lowest % when it comes to get the first overall pick.

really? Everywhere  I read like hockeywriters wrote that each playin loser will have 12.5%.

Edited by Guadana

37 minutes ago, Guadana said:

really? Everywhere  I read like hockeywriters wrote that each playin loser will have 12.5%.

oh maybe i misunderstood that part? I thought they were going to do that if the season was cancelled and the qualifiers not completed?

edit: i did misunderstand. Wtf this makes no sense at all. Makes everything even more frustrating

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1