Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Wish i could have seen your face the moment you went "Goddamnit SD was right all along." hahaha

Except that I was never some huge PK champion to begin with.

Even though I wondered if his best days were too far behind him, I definitely never expected him to be as bad as he was for most of the season.  He was a painful watch.

Oh, and as others have said, fvck the Rangers.  

Welp, I wanted the Rangers to win to avoid even the possibility of them getting Laf, but at least they lost in pretty spectacular fashion. I read somewhere that the Rangers now hold another record... least amount of days to lose a "play off" series in NHL history.

It was also pretty neat to see how much of a role Vatanen is taking for the Hurricanes. He is the No1 pp unit guy.  Should help our conditions in the trade. 

As long as they dont win 1st overall this will be the best of both worlds.

Cross your fingers. 

Edited by T0asterleav1ns
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

No emojis? 

A big fat loss, that was the result. Fvck the Sh!tstork!

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Happy to see the Rangers out so quick but now I'm 100% sure they are already stitching a Lafrenierre Jersey for the draft 

Ugh I hate this lottery! 

Interesting that they started their 3rd string goalie who had lost his job in the first two games, isn't it?

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

A big fat loss, that was the result. Fvck the Sh!tstork!

Interesting that they started their 3rd string goalie who had lost his job in the first two games, isn't it?

Yeah, even if the king of nothing played pretty well in game 1, it was stupid to go with him. The kid won like 10 out 12 earlier this season. 

Edited by Nicomo

45 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah, even if the king of nothing played pretty well in game 1, it was stupid to go with him. The kid won like 10 out 12 earlier this season. 

Clearly scoring 4 goals in 3 games doesn't help either, they'd have to have been nearly perfect defensively to win a game with that kind of offense. But, when you had sh!tstork as your number one, he was 'unavailable", why wouldn't they go with the number two guy? 

I assume that Lundqvist's record against Carolina had something to do with it. And he played OK in game one, so maybe they gave him game two. Or, are we looking at the Rangers realizing they had no chance, giving their long-time goalie his last hurrah, and giving themselves a shot at the #1 OA?

Good ole pickles had to defend himself against Krug in the TB-BOS game for checking Carlo on his upper arm but from Krug’s point of view, it looked to the head.

Not much of a tilt as a wrestling match, I’d link the scrap from hockey fights dot com, but it’s the Bruins feed and I don’t want to give anyone ear cancer from Jack(ass) Edwards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Good ole pickles had to defend himself against Krug in the TB-BOS game for checking Carlo on his upper arm but from Krug’s point of view, it looked to the head.

Not much of a tilt as a wrestling match, I’d link the scrap from hockey fights dot com, but it’s the Bruins feed and I don’t want to give anyone ear cancer from Jack(ass) Edwards.

Each guy got one punch off. Why bother?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I also figured out where NBCSN got their pumped in crowd noise: it’s the crowd from Mike Tyson’s Punch-out on NES when it shows what round you’re starting.

I did not notice it but I really hope that is true! Loved that game. Still remember the first time I beat Tyson, my sister refused to believe me. So I tried again while she was watching and got knocked out instantly.