Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

28 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m not trying to control anyone. I was just trying to have an actual discussion with someone about a draft prospect, and you saw an opportunity to make a dumb little joke. I know it’s your thing here. But yes, talking about how bad Jack Hughes sucks is absolutely your right (and it’s riveting stuff too!). 

It wasn’t a joke, as explained. It’s not surprising that you don’t understand. 

You made a comparison to a guy who had barely played and when he did, didn’t contribute. 

Same thing has been going on here for years, Josefson was great, Zacha was the best player on the ice, etc. 

You say Jack does things that only McDavid can do, because he’s an elite skater on the same level. That’s like me saying I can boil water as well as a Michelin Star chef can. It’s what you do with the water that counts. 

It’s a perfectly valid opinion, you just get annoyed when someone disagrees with you. 

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It wasn’t a joke, as explained. It’s not surprising that you don’t understand. 

You made a comparison to a guy who had barely played and when he did, didn’t contribute. 

Same thing has been going on here for years, Josefson was great, Zacha was the best player on the ice, etc. 

You say Jack does things that only McDavid can do, because he’s an elite skater on the same level. That’s like me saying I can boil water as well as a Michelin Star chef can. It’s what you do with the water that counts. 

It’s a perfectly valid opinion, you just get annoyed when someone disagrees with you. 

No I didn’t. Devin Dan even pointed that out to you. You’re just choosing to be obtuse and obnoxious about the whole thing. 

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

No I didn’t. Devin Dan even pointed that out to you. You’re just choosing to be obtuse and obnoxious about the whole thing. 

You did. You said his skating is on par with McDavid and few people not named McDavid can enter the zone like he does. I merely pointed out the obvious night and day difference between the two, even if you compare them as 18 year olds. There's nothing obnoxious about it. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You did. You said his skating is on par with McDavid and few people not named McDavid can enter the zone like he does. I merely pointed out the obvious night and day difference between the two, even if you compare them as 18 year olds. There's nothing obnoxious about it. 

Nope. You’re confusing two different posts I made. Never mentioned McDavid wrt Jack’s zone entries (I compared him to the other Devils). And I never said Jack can do things only McDavid can do. Just that McDavid is one of the only guys who skates better. 

19 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Lack of points is one thing, but his skating was on full display all season. He had a bunch of zone entries not a single other player on the team could have made. 

18 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Those guys skating was never anywhere near as good as Jack’s. His edge work is as good as it gets. The list of players who are better skaters that are not named Connor McDavid is pretty short. 

As to your second point? Why do you feel the need to sh!t on the kid so badly? He has one area of his game that’s already elite, and that’s literally the only reason I mentioned him when talking about another player’s skating. 

And in runs mfitz with “ExPeCTeD GoALs!!!” and “LeD To NoTHinG!!!” 

17 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nope. You’re confusing two different posts I made. Never mentioned McDavid wrt Jack’s zone entries (I compared him to the other Devils). And I never said Jack can do things only McDavid can do. Just that McDavid is one of the only guys who skates better. 

Oh right, not a single guy on any other team we played could make his zone entries. That's actually even more ridiculous of a statement than I attributed to you. Sorry I was confused. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Oh right, not a single guy on any other team we played could make his zone entries. That's actually even more ridiculous of a statement than I attributed to you. Sorry I was confused. 

I said “the team” as in OUR team! Your reading comprehension needs some work. 

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

When i look at Barkov i think more an more who is a better second(if we will have a chance for) pick for us? Quinn or Lundell.

I’d love to get Quinn. I don’t really buy the “but his team was loaded” argument. He still scored all those goals. And he didn’t even play on the same line as Rossi most of the season. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, that's fair. Also, that's not saying much. 

That I’ll agree with. I would have also included Hall, but he wasn’t quite right early this season. Especially his skating. Ofc he seems on now...

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I’d love to get Quinn. I don’t really buy the “but his team was loaded” argument. He still scored all those goals. And he didn’t even play on the same line as Rossi most of the season. 

Yap. Our Hoelshier played with him, made so much points and Fitz decide to not resign him. I think he understand where from legs are growing. 

But Lundell is so athletic and all around player. Analogy with Barkov all the time for me. And Lundell was in top 5 in mocks and get down only after point explosions from other players who didnt play in adult leagues. In General, I have not decided for myself. I'm a big Quinn fan initially.

3 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Yap. Our Hoelshier played with him, made so much points and Fitz decide to not resign him. I think he understand where from legs are growing. 

But Lundell is so athletic and all around player. Analogy with Barkov all the time for me. And Lundell was in top 5 in mocks and get down only after point explosions from other players who didnt play in adult leagues. In General, I have not decided for myself. I'm a big Quinn fan initially.

Barkov is certainly a more exciting comparison than Mark Stone who I’ve seen as Quinn’s. 

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You lost me...

there were my prepositions why CR76 hated him so much. forget about it.

isles lead now. If we will pick Rossi and Trotz will join our coaching stuff i would be so happy about it. To be honest if we will not pick rossi but Trotz will join our coaching stuff still i would be happy too.

Edited by Guadana

Just now, Guadana said:

there were prepositions why CR76 hated him so much. forget about it.

isles lead now. If we will pick Rossi and Trotz will join our coaching stuff i would be so happy about it. To be honest if we will not pick rossi but Trotz will join our coaching stuff still i would be happy too.

Is Trotz supposed to be on the hot seat? NY would be crazy to fire him. 

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Is Trotz supposed to be on the hot seat? NY would be crazy to fire him. 

Barkov is certainly a more exciting comparison than Mark Stone who I’ve seen as Quinn’s. 

If they lose to florida somehow... meh. I don`t belive it they can fire him. Not this year. That was only my wish.

Comparisons may be different, who will be better and who will be better for us - that is a question. Two questions. Hope castron has done his job and isn't going to peek at Mackenzie's lists.

Edited by Guadana

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

If they lose to florida somehow... meh. I don`t belive it. That was only my wish.

Comparisons may be different, who will be better and who will be better for us - that is a question. Hope castron has done his job and isn't going to peek at Mackenzie's lists.

Well Bob has Rossi at 7 so I’d be just fine with that. :D