Jump to content

Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions


Recommended Posts

Tuesday, July 28
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers, 4 p.m. | NBCSN, NHL.TV, NBCSP,+ ATTSN-PIT
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Montreal Canadiens, 8 p.m. | NHLN, SN, TVAS 
Edmonton Oilers vs. Calgary Flames, 10:30 p.m. | NHLN, SN, NHL.TV

Wednesday, July 29
Tampa Bay Lightning at Florida Panthers, 12 p.m. | NHLN, NHL.TV, FS_F, SUN
Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild, 2:30 p.m. | NHLN, NHL.TV, FS-N, FS-WI
Carolina Hurricanes vs. Washington Capitals, 4 p.m. | NBCSN, NHL.TV, FS-CR
St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks, 6:30 p.m. | NBCSN (JIP), NHLN, NHL.TV, NBCSCH+, FS-MW+
New York Islanders vs. New York Rangers, 8 p.m. | NBCSN, TVAS, MSG, MSG+
Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets; 10:30 p.m. | NHLN, SN, NHL.TV

Thursday, July 30
Nashville Predators vs. Dallas Stars, 4 p.m. | NHLN, NHL.TV
Boston Bruins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets, 7 p.m. | NHLN, TVAS, NHL.TV
Vegas Golden Knights vs. Arizona Coyotes, 10 p.m. | NHLN, NHL.TV

cut.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a father of two as well, my approach, for better or worse, will be this: My kids need to learn how to lose. My kids need to learn how to have someone have a different opinion than their own an

Maybe it's just me but I find humanity and society so depressing and draining right now. The level of division globally is awful. Being a Dad to two young kids I often lie awake at night and think, ho

Posted Images

Another week in quarantine, and hockey starts up as we’re in the middle of it!

We’re fine, everyone is healthy, just moved.

Get my new internet and TV Thursday, move into the house Wednesday.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Another week in quarantine, and hockey starts up as we’re in the middle of it!

We’re fine, everyone is healthy, just moved.

Get my new internet and TV Thursday, move into the house Wednesday.

Hell of a time to be doing it!! Actually it probably works out, if you are truly quarantining and can’t leave the house, plenty of time to unpack lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Hell of a time to be doing it!! Actually it probably works out, if you are truly quarantining and can’t leave the house, plenty of time to unpack lol. 

Already wasted a week-ish in a temporary place. Sellers wouldn’t close earlier so we got hosed there. I haven’t left the house since I made a masked-up Lowe’s trip Sunday (I think, the days are blurring together)

But as you know with the DoD, there are waivers for almost everything.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate having no Devils game to cheer for in this tourny... 😵

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to see if they run into any covid issues, the bubbles have been shown to work once they are established. MLB is proving that sports not in a bubble don't work right now... 

https://nypost.com/2020/07/27/marlins-game-vs-orioles-canceled-after-more-coronavirus-cases/

Yankees game apparently cancelled tonight as well since they obviously can't be in the same clubhouse the marlins were just in... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Curious to see if they run into any covid issues, the bubbles have been shown to work once they are established. MLB is proving that sports not in a bubble don't work right now... 

https://nypost.com/2020/07/27/marlins-game-vs-orioles-canceled-after-more-coronavirus-cases/

Yankees game apparently cancelled tonight as well since they obviously can't be in the same clubhouse the marlins were just in... 

 

MLB handled COVID just about as piss poorly as the entire state of Florida. Funny how focusing on the money and doing nothing about preventative measures until the train was already rolling was a bad approach. What a freaking joke.

NWSL, MLS, NBA and NHL all have had zero positive cases in their most recent rounds of testing.

EDIT: Just read they knew they had positive cases during the series and still kept playing, including yesterday's game. The Marlins should be heavily fined and beyond, what a bunch of arrogant fvcks.

EDIT 2: A lot of panic that the MLB season will now be cancelled. Again, goddamn I love the NHL for actually thinking "hmmmm maybe we need to make sure people are healthy and once we prove they were, throw them in a fvcking bubble if we really care about the game..." instead of "but what about our money?" as the only point

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

MLB handled COVID just about as piss poorly as the entire state of Florida. Funny how focusing on the money and doing nothing about preventative measures until the train was already rolling was a bad approach. What a freaking joke.

NWSL, MLS, NBA and NHL all have had zero positive cases in their most recent rounds of testing.

EDIT: Just read they knew they had positive cases during the series and still kept playing, including yesterday's game. The Marlins should be heavily fined and beyond, what a bunch of arrogant fvcks.

EDIT 2: A lot of panic that the MLB season will now be cancelled. Again, goddamn I love the NHL for actually thinking "hmmmm maybe we need to make sure people are healthy and once we prove they were, throw them in a fvcking bubble if we really care about the game..." instead of "but what about our money?" as the only point

The MLB plan of relying on professional athletes to behave themselves is their biggest mistake. There was a guy who was granted permission from the NBA to leave the bubble to attend a funeral and was caught in a strip club lol

The MLB not being proactive and cancelling the game beforehand was silly. They could have maybe got a jump on this beforehand instead of rolling the dice and hoping not to infect more players and possibly the Phillies too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The MLB plan of relying on professional athletes to behave themselves is their biggest mistake. There was a guy who was granted permission from the NBA to leave the bubble to attend a funeral and was caught in a strip club lol...

He was just pinking up his Order of Buffalo Wings!!!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Setup looks nice, no nets behind the goals since nobody can be smacked in the face with a Puck anyway lol no ads on the boards yet so maybe they are going to go completely digital ads for this... 

 

Would be pretty awesome if they went old school and did no ads on the boards at all, but I know that won't happen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Would be pretty awesome if they went old school and did no ads on the boards at all, but I know that won't happen.

Agreed, but obviously without fans, they need to make SOME money somehow...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2020 at 10:01 AM, DevilMinder said:

$5 to watch most games online via NHL.,com

$4.99
Hockey is coming back! The puck drops August 1st.
Watch the Stanley Cup Qualifiers™ LIVE. Blackouts and restrictions apply.

https://www.nhl.com/subscribe

 

 

I've bought Center Ice for years. I live in Va. and my "Blackout" team is Caps. not on Center Ice. Have to go to D.C. channel if you really want them

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love how the NHL is promoting everything as "The Stanley Cup begins August 1st" though they aren't counting this as the playoffs. fvck off. It's absolutely bullsh!t one of these teams is going to get the #1 overall pick.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if the board ads are digital because they are different in this game than the earlier game. Would be a lot of work to remove and replace them after each game. They just don't have that obvious digital look to them that I've seen in other leagues and games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm wondering if the board ads are digital because they are different in this game than the earlier game. Would be a lot of work to remove and replace them after each game. They just don't have that obvious digital look to them that I've seen in other leagues and games. 

I didn't even notice  now I'm trying to notice it...lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm wondering if the board ads are digital because they are different in this game than the earlier game. Would be a lot of work to remove and replace them after each game. They just don't have that obvious digital look to them that I've seen in other leagues and games. 

I think they switch them out based on the home team. Some of the ads are French, and Montreal is the ‘home’ team in this game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2020 at 10:01 AM, DevilMinder said:

$5 to watch most games online via NHL.,com

$4.99
Hockey is coming back! The puck drops August 1st.
Watch the Stanley Cup Qualifiers™ LIVE. Blackouts and restrictions apply.

https://www.nhl.com/subscribe

 

 

I am looking in to this, but I have some reservations. From the blackout Disclaimer: Nationally televised games also are subject to blackouts in NHL.TV™. In the United States, all Stanley Cup® Playoffs and Stanley Cup® Final games will be nationally televised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2020 at 6:08 PM, Satans Hockey said:

Love how the NHL is promoting everything as "The Stanley Cup begins August 1st" though they aren't counting this as the playoffs. fvck off. It's absolutely bullsh!t one of these teams is going to get the #1 overall pick.

I will never understand how it made sense to give a bunch of teams a chance to win the lottery or the cup. It really should have been one or the other. 

I'm gonna be all kinds of salty if the Rags get that pick. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.