Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

Tuesday, July 28
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers, 4 p.m. | NBCSN, NHL.TV, NBCSP,+ ATTSN-PIT
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Montreal Canadiens, 8 p.m. | NHLN, SN, TVAS 
Edmonton Oilers vs. Calgary Flames, 10:30 p.m. | NHLN, SN, NHL.TV

Wednesday, July 29
Tampa Bay Lightning at Florida Panthers, 12 p.m. | NHLN, NHL.TV, FS_F, SUN
Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild, 2:30 p.m. | NHLN, NHL.TV, FS-N, FS-WI
Carolina Hurricanes vs. Washington Capitals, 4 p.m. | NBCSN, NHL.TV, FS-CR
St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks, 6:30 p.m. | NBCSN (JIP), NHLN, NHL.TV, NBCSCH+, FS-MW+
New York Islanders vs. New York Rangers, 8 p.m. | NBCSN, TVAS, MSG, MSG+
Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets; 10:30 p.m. | NHLN, SN, NHL.TV

Thursday, July 30
Nashville Predators vs. Dallas Stars, 4 p.m. | NHLN, NHL.TV
Boston Bruins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets, 7 p.m. | NHLN, TVAS, NHL.TV
Vegas Golden Knights vs. Arizona Coyotes, 10 p.m. | NHLN, NHL.TV

cut.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Another week in quarantine, and hockey starts up as we’re in the middle of it!

We’re fine, everyone is healthy, just moved.

Get my new internet and TV Thursday, move into the house Wednesday.

Hell of a time to be doing it!! Actually it probably works out, if you are truly quarantining and can’t leave the house, plenty of time to unpack lol. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Hell of a time to be doing it!! Actually it probably works out, if you are truly quarantining and can’t leave the house, plenty of time to unpack lol. 

Already wasted a week-ish in a temporary place. Sellers wouldn’t close earlier so we got hosed there. I haven’t left the house since I made a masked-up Lowe’s trip Sunday (I think, the days are blurring together)

But as you know with the DoD, there are waivers for almost everything.

• Like 1

Curious to see if they run into any covid issues, the bubbles have been shown to work once they are established. MLB is proving that sports not in a bubble don't work right now... 

https://nypost.com/2020/07/27/marlins-game-vs-orioles-canceled-after-more-coronavirus-cases/

Yankees game apparently cancelled tonight as well since they obviously can't be in the same clubhouse the marlins were just in... 

30 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Curious to see if they run into any covid issues, the bubbles have been shown to work once they are established. MLB is proving that sports not in a bubble don't work right now... 

https://nypost.com/2020/07/27/marlins-game-vs-orioles-canceled-after-more-coronavirus-cases/

Yankees game apparently cancelled tonight as well since they obviously can't be in the same clubhouse the marlins were just in... 

MLB handled COVID just about as piss poorly as the entire state of Florida. Funny how focusing on the money and doing nothing about preventative measures until the train was already rolling was a bad approach. What a freaking joke.

NWSL, MLS, NBA and NHL all have had zero positive cases in their most recent rounds of testing.

EDIT: Just read they knew they had positive cases during the series and still kept playing, including yesterday's game. The Marlins should be heavily fined and beyond, what a bunch of arrogant fvcks.

EDIT 2: A lot of panic that the MLB season will now be cancelled. Again, goddamn I love the NHL for actually thinking "hmmmm maybe we need to make sure people are healthy and once we prove they were, throw them in a fvcking bubble if we really care about the game..." instead of "but what about our money?" as the only point

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

MLB handled COVID just about as piss poorly as the entire state of Florida. Funny how focusing on the money and doing nothing about preventative measures until the train was already rolling was a bad approach. What a freaking joke.

NWSL, MLS, NBA and NHL all have had zero positive cases in their most recent rounds of testing.

EDIT: Just read they knew they had positive cases during the series and still kept playing, including yesterday's game. The Marlins should be heavily fined and beyond, what a bunch of arrogant fvcks.

EDIT 2: A lot of panic that the MLB season will now be cancelled. Again, goddamn I love the NHL for actually thinking "hmmmm maybe we need to make sure people are healthy and once we prove they were, throw them in a fvcking bubble if we really care about the game..." instead of "but what about our money?" as the only point

The MLB plan of relying on professional athletes to behave themselves is their biggest mistake. There was a guy who was granted permission from the NBA to leave the bubble to attend a funeral and was caught in a strip club lol

The MLB not being proactive and cancelling the game beforehand was silly. They could have maybe got a jump on this beforehand instead of rolling the dice and hoping not to infect more players and possibly the Phillies too. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The MLB plan of relying on professional athletes to behave themselves is their biggest mistake. There was a guy who was granted permission from the NBA to leave the bubble to attend a funeral and was caught in a strip club lol...

He was just pinking up his Order of Buffalo Wings!!!

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Setup looks nice, no nets behind the goals since nobody can be smacked in the face with a Puck anyway lol no ads on the boards yet so maybe they are going to go completely digital ads for this... 

Would be pretty awesome if they went old school and did no ads on the boards at all, but I know that won't happen.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 10:01 AM, DevilMinder said:

$5 to watch most games online via NHL.,com

$4.99
Hockey is coming back! The puck drops August 1st.
Watch the Stanley Cup Qualifiers™ LIVE. Blackouts and restrictions apply.

https://www.nhl.com/subscribe

I've bought Center Ice for years. I live in Va. and my "Blackout" team is Caps. not on Center Ice. Have to go to D.C. channel if you really want them

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm wondering if the board ads are digital because they are different in this game than the earlier game. Would be a lot of work to remove and replace them after each game. They just don't have that obvious digital look to them that I've seen in other leagues and games. 

I didn't even notice  now I'm trying to notice it...lol

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm wondering if the board ads are digital because they are different in this game than the earlier game. Would be a lot of work to remove and replace them after each game. They just don't have that obvious digital look to them that I've seen in other leagues and games. 

I think they switch them out based on the home team. Some of the ads are French, and Montreal is the ‘home’ team in this game.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 10:01 AM, DevilMinder said:

$5 to watch most games online via NHL.,com

$4.99
Hockey is coming back! The puck drops August 1st.
Watch the Stanley Cup Qualifiers™ LIVE. Blackouts and restrictions apply.

https://www.nhl.com/subscribe

I am looking in to this, but I have some reservations. From the blackout Disclaimer: Nationally televised games also are subject to blackouts in NHL.TV™. In the United States, all Stanley Cup® Playoffs and Stanley Cup® Final games will be nationally televised.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:08 PM, Satans Hockey said:

Love how the NHL is promoting everything as "The Stanley Cup begins August 1st" though they aren't counting this as the playoffs. fvck off. It's absolutely bullsh!t one of these teams is going to get the #1 overall pick.

I will never understand how it made sense to give a bunch of teams a chance to win the lottery or the cup. It really should have been one or the other. 

I'm gonna be all kinds of salty if the Rags get that pick. 

• Like 1