Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I really don’t like their chances with the King of Nothing in net. 

Sterio won’t like this but can the league please rig it for Montreal to get Laf? Lol

im pretty confident that's 100% what's going to happen. But in all fairness, "hockey wize" i'd rather have him in MTL. They'd waste his talent, he'd have no center to play with and he's not THAT good. Their team structure is sh!tty. The fans would be annoying AF though and act like he's the second coming of Gretzky but wtv, im used to it by now.

Him landing on the rangers and joining a very talented young core would be worrying though.

In a perfect world though MTL and Chicago makes the playoffs and Arizona doesnt, then doesn't win the lottery. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Fun first game, but man too many penalties

Agreed but I didn't really have any issues with the calls. 

Trocheck flexing his arms in the air at that Ranger(couldn't see who it was) after winning that final faceoff was fvcking hilarious. 

My only complaint presentation wise is that I don't like both goal horns and songs being played. The "home" team should be the only one that has those played. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Agreed but I didn't really have any issues with the calls. 

Trocheck flexing his arms in the air at that Ranger(couldn't see who it was) after winning that final faceoff was fvcking hilarious. 

My only complaint presentation wise is that I don't like both goal horns and songs being played. The "home" team should be the only one that has those played. 

I honestly wish they'd drop the pumped in crowd noise. I know you're a soccer guy, to me that seemed natural while the stuff pumped in for that game was awkward

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I honestly wish they'd drop the pumped in crowd noise. I know you're a soccer guy, to me that seemed natural while the stuff pumped in for that game was awkward

It didn't sound too loud to me, I actually like the game audio instead for soccer during all this. Espn has been just amping up the mics and you can hear the guys yelling and screaming at each as well as convos from the coaches and refs but fox sports one has been pumping up the fake fan audio and it's loud and noticeable.

During this mess of no fans I actually prefer the mics just being turned up instead of fake fan audio. Nothing about this situation is normal so they might as well do different things like turning up the mics everywhere. 

• Like 1

I'm enjoying the hell out of these games today so far.

Too many penalties in the first game, but they'll figure that out.

Oilers getting spanked.

Panthers-Islanders is.. I mean, it's hockey.  I'm happy to watch it.

Lots of compelling games tomorrow.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm enjoying the hell out of these games today so far.

Too many penalties in the first game, but they'll figure that out.

Oilers getting spanked.

Panthers-Islanders is.. I mean, it's hockey.  I'm happy to watch it.

Lots of compelling games tomorrow.

Edmonton has made it somewhat interesting late.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

Naturally the Oilers are the early front runners in the Lafreniere sweepstakes.

I've caught a bit of it so far and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would, missed watching hockey

I can’t even imagine the level of sh!tstorm there will be if Edmonton wins Laf...