Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

7 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Feels like it’s probably coming. Caps and Blues both broke their droughts. Leafs can’t even get out of the 1st round though. Lol

Very "vintage" like Devils type win for Columbus. Role players smother the very "skilled" players. You can call it boring all you want, that BJ's win was great.  3 players make well over 30 mil. I know its only 1 game but.

5 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Very "vintage" like Devils type win for Columbus. Role players smother the very "skilled" players. You can call it boring all you want, that BJ's win was great.  3 players make well over 30 mil. I know its only 1 game but.

Yeah, but when we were playing “boring” hockey there was actually hitting in the game...

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Yeah, but when we were playing “boring” hockey there was actually hitting in the game...

... And fights ...

42 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

3 goals on 10 shots on Lundqvist.  Love it. 

If them losing didn’t get them a better chance at #1 OA, I would love it. Now I see it as a fringe playoff team maybe giving their longtime starter, now 3rd stringer one last goodbye and improving their draft position.

Maybe that wasn’t the intention, but still. 

5 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Arizona will play in western final, van lost to min in 3 game and Castron will pick perfetti.

I’d be fine with Perfetti if Rossi, Sanderson, and Drysdale are all gone. 

He’s one of the best goal scorers in this class, and we certainly need them. 

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’d be fine with Perfetti if Rossi, Sanderson, and Drysdale are all gone. 

He’s one of the best goal scorers in this class, and we certainly need them. 

Perfetti, Hughes and Gusev - perfect line. What a pity they won't be allowed on the carousel.

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I am so God damn torn.  I love watching the Rag$ get embarrassed, Hank especially, but you guys just.. you know they're going to get that 1OA pick.  You just know it's going to happen.

At this point I'd be shocked if they didn't. I have that same feeling I had when we all just knew the Pens were winning the Crosby lottery. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Here you go with your size-ism again!

Take the BPA. Period. 

Biggest problem of perfetti is his skating in pair his size. Lapierre will be best available player but i think his injury history is a problem for you. 

Period? Is it a sign that we can continue to discuss after a week?

Edited by Guadana

8 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Biggest problem of perfetti is his skating in pair his size. Lapierre will be best available player but i think his injury history is a problem for you. 

Period? Is it a sign that we can continue to discuss after a week?

The knock on his skating is overblown, imo. He’s no Jack Hughes, but I don’t think it’s going to hold him back in the NHL either. 

And yeah, no way you take Lapierre at 7. Way too risky. 

Edited by Nicomo

20 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The knock on his skating is overblown, imo. He’s no Jack Hughes, but I don’t think it’s going to hold him back in the NHL either. 

And yeah, no way you take Lapierre at 7. Way too risky. 

I think perfetti will be great player. Especcialy if he will play with Eichel. But i was watching a lot of his viedo and couple of games on Hlinka cup. Competent big def or winger will deal  with perfetti and we have no material or perspective prospects who can compensate it. If Shero picked Kakko(i was and still am in Hughes camp) I would have sung a different song. For me Perfetti pick is too risky for us too not because i think Perfetti willn`t be effective in njd. 

Anyway it`s a discussion for another topic.

Edited by Guadana

Well if they lose there will still be a 7 out of 8 chance they don't get it. Will just have to hang onto that. But pitts definitely has (have) to come back. I do not want a 1 in 4 chance either pitts/nyr get it... 

Also funny seeing Cory on nbcsn. 

And new Marty commercial. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Take the BPA. Period. 

Given that there isn't an aspect of the game that we don't need help with, I would agree with this. 

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I am so God damn torn.  I love watching the Rag$ get embarrassed, Hank especially, but you guys just.. you know they're going to get that 1OA pick.  You just know it's going to happen.

Yeah, probably. It would be pretty awesome if they lose and then they don't though. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm still hoping Jack Hughes is a Jack Hughes.

Lack of points is one thing, but his skating was on full display all season. He had a bunch of zone entries not a single other player on the team could have made. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Lack of points is one thing, but his skating was on full display all season. He had a bunch of zone entries not a single other player on the team could have made. 

time will tell, I'm hoping he ends up being a Patrick Kane. this season should show an improvement if not ill be concerned. 

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah that led to a ton of expected goals for us. 

He also got constantly knocked off the puck like he’s made of feathers.