Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

When they traded Jones though, they had that massive log-jam of defenders. I wish we had half the luck the Preds have in drafting/developing defense.

Hynes though is pulling a Hynes and subscribing to the Mike Babcock school of "how to outcoach yourself with talent." Foresberg, for example, saw his game drop off the face of the earth once DBA got there cause he stopped getting the minutes and situations he was used to. 7 goals since Hynes took over as coach on 7 January (approx 28 games if i counted correctly) versus 14 over the first 35. Nashville as a whole also became a very boring team to watch. Admittedly, I have seen one game of this series but the few I watched before the season paused, they went from a quick team to that passive crap the DBA forced our team to become recently.

Clearly I am not a fan of Hynes by any stretch of the word, and I'll absolutely admit my disdain for him probably clouds the living hell out of my perception of things, but the dude has no business being an NHL head coach considering he has zero clue how to manage talent when he has it in his arsenal.

What were they thinking they would get when they hired him?  They never asked us.  We here all know his body of work here was VERY MUCH  less than impressive.  And all your other points are also spot on.  Hopefully we, as an organization, have learned something from having endured(!) his tenure here.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

3 and a half legs.   The last half of the 4th left was too expensive. 

Kidding.  But I couldn't afford an entire horse on my own (a good one, anyway), so I joined a stable that has several horses and most if not all of them are available to multiple people.  I actually don't know how many other people have a stake in my horse, but I personally only own a small percentage.  This was always somewhat of a dream of mine, and it's been my first foray into it, so I was going to see how it went and then make my decision whether or not I want to continue a year or two after I've been involved in it.

So what do you get for owning a share of a horse?  I like throwing some dough at them when I have a chance but it's foreign to me.  Do you get a percentage of money from wins?  Or from breeding?  Pardon my ignorance.

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

When they traded Jones though, they had that massive log-jam of defenders. I wish we had half the luck the Preds have in drafting/developing defense.

Hynes though is pulling a Hynes and subscribing to the Mike Babcock school of "how to outcoach yourself with talent." Foresberg, for example, saw his game drop off the face of the earth once DBA got there cause he stopped getting the minutes and situations he was used to. 7 goals since Hynes took over as coach on 7 January (approx 28 games if i counted correctly) versus 14 over the first 35. Nashville as a whole also became a very boring team to watch. Admittedly, I have seen one game of this series but the few I watched before the season paused, they went from a quick team to that passive crap the DBA forced our team to become recently.

Clearly I am not a fan of Hynes by any stretch of the word, and I'll absolutely admit my disdain for him probably clouds the living hell out of my perception of things, but the dude has no business being an NHL head coach considering he has zero clue how to manage talent when he has it in his arsenal.

I'm definitely surprised that he didn't have to take a "Step Back" job first, the way some former NFL coaches and MLB managers do (where they become part of a staff before getting another shot).  There was really nothing about his overall body of work with the Devils that suggested he should've gotten another HC gig within the same season, that's for sure.  

I used to get on Mike Brown for over-criticizing Hynes and making it sound like coaching the Devils would be so much easier if Hynes would just consult him (though it's not like fans don't do this, and not just with coaches...they'll do the same with players and GMs, oversimplifying the difficulty that comes with those jobs)...but I gotta give it up to him, regardless of whether or not MB got the specifics of Hynes' issues correct, he turned out to be right about Hynes not being much of a coach.  I'm guessing Hynes will have to wait a long LONG time to get another look if this gig doesn't pan out.  

As I've made no secret of, I just couldn't take the "Dumb But Angry No Answers" look that seemed to be permanently plastered to his face.  Also didn't like the fact that he never ONCE completely lost his sh!t over the many lousy calls he saw his Devils get saddled with.  Would throwing a tantrum have made much of a difference in the long run, if any?  Probably not.  But goddamn, did he always have to be so damned PASSIVE in those situations?  At some point, get fvcking PISSED!  And let the refs know about it.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today we should rooting for Pens because 

1. If they lose they will got a chance for Laf and Laf got more chances for playing against us more often

2. If pens lose and arizona win, arizona`s pick will be higher than montreal` pick and pick of pens too.

Edited by Guadana

5 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Couple of thoughts after nyi vs flo series. 

I don`t think that dadonov is a great target from free agent market. Hoffman looks way better option and play like a much more independent player

Curious to see who Fitz takes a gander at, as far as UFA goes.  I'm not expecting any big signings there though.  Dadonov and Hoffman seem like the kind of guys who you're excited about when they make the backpage having signed with your team, then a couple of years you're thinking "Meh...".  But that's how it goes with a lot of UFAs.  

I suspect the first order of Devils business will be re-signing Bratt and Blackwood (both RFA), and re-signing Goose and Palms (both UFA after 2020-21) to deals before the next season begins.  Then we'll see if they make any UFA splashes.  

Only Nico and Severson are signed beyond 2021-22, with some nice coin coming off by then.  

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Curious to see who Fitz takes a gander at, as far as UFA goes.  I'm not expecting any big signings there though.  Dadonov and Hoffman seem like the kind of guys who you're excited about when they make the backpage having signed with your team, then a couple of years you're thinking "Meh...".  But that's how it goes with a lot of UFAs.  

I suspect the first order of Devils business will be re-signing Bratt and Blackwood (both RFA), and re-signing Goose and Palms (both UFA after 2020-21) to deals before the next season begins.  Then we'll see if they make any UFA splashes.  

Only Nico and Severson are signed beyond 2021-22, with some nice coin coming off by then.  

i`m not excited about any ufa signing but devils need in winger with whom Jack can develope and make steps up. And fixed cap can help us on the market. And we have enough empty rooms for giving NTC status.

Nico and Sevs are only who deserve.

Nash can`t play in pass. It`s a biggest problem for Hynes`s teams. I was growing on and trained on high pass culture and  now watching time to time how njd(or nash now) can`t make a pass right on the stick is a mess. Pass tactics and trainings not classified by fbi or kgb.