Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

Are you fvcking kidding me right now?  Mike Millbury just said eventually they should stop continuous OT and go to a shootout because people lose interest and will turn off the TV, and it reduces the quality of play for the teams moving forward.  Hey Millbury, that's the whole point. Build a team that's made to go the distance and can withstand long stretches of intense play. It's called endurance and conditioning.  Sack the fvck up, or shut the fvck up, you old moron.  I never had a problem with him until now. fvcking idiot.

Dirty hit by McDonough, or did he just not anticipate he was hitting a Hobbit?

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I was at my work's office at midnight last night for an emergency, and again this morning at 6am...I'm falling asleep lol, but this is keeping me awake.

I meant the game started too early. I’m not ready to watch hockey at 4pm. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Dirty hit by McDonough, or did he just not anticipate he was hitting a Hobbit?

I meant the game started too early. I’m not ready to watch hockey at 4pm. 

Yeah I know, I feel ya - personally I'm loving the fact that hockey is on basically all day, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a start time.  Our team blows and hasn't given us sh!t since March, so I'm excited to tune in to the local team.  They've had a good product on the ice for years, and tonight is definitely entertaining.

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah I know, I feel ya - personally I'm loving the fact that hockey is on basically all day, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a start time.  Our team blows and hasn't given us sh!t since March, so I'm excited to tune in to the local team.  They've had a good product on the ice for years, and tonight is definitely entertaining.

Hockey being on all day is fine, but I don’t get to sit down to watch a game until around 8. That’s why I’m always in a DVR delay. But I don’t care enough about these games to DVR them.

But, if I get interrupted now, now I’d click record. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Coleman has taken two of the stupidest shots I have ever seen in the 4th OT. One missed by 11 feet, the other was a ridiculous backhander right into his defender. 

I didn't see the first one you're talking about, but I definitely noticed his backhander and I thought the same, that it was particularly weak lol.  I can only attribute it to the fact that he must be completely gassed.  It looked like his best effort, despite how pathetic it was  lol.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I didn't see the first one you're talking about, but I definitely noticed his backhander and I thought the same, that it was particularly weak lol.  I can only attribute it to the fact that he must be completely gassed.  It looked like his best effort, despite how pathetic it was  lol.

He had some luck with those ridiculous backhanders in NJ. 

Columbus goalie looked gassed too, his reactions were very slow in the last 5 minutes. If there were another 5 minutes left it would’ve been game over. We’ll see how he comes back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

:o that’s insane. What the record?

He already has it for the playoffs....pretty sure some team has recorded 90 or maybe even 100 shots in a regular season game, which is insane considering that's only 3 periods and/or maybe ONE overtime... must've been ages ago when there was way less competition and some team just dominated the other.

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t know, but Korpisalo has to be up there at this point.

Evidently Ron Tugnutt's 70 saves was the most prior to tonight?  I don't know how that's possible because I don't even see the game from 2000 on the list...how many could they have had that night?

HIT THE NET COLEMAN