Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

So he rose to the occasion then...

Sure did, but gotta imagine it's gonna be very hard for him to stick...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, Nicomo said:

For me it’s 2 reasons. The first being rat face. I hated him even before the hit on MoJo. Guy is a world class player, and it’s an embarrassment to the game that he’s out there licking guy’s faces.

The other reason is just Boston sports in general. They’ve won like 37 titles in the last couple decades. It’s enough already. 

If I actually cared about the NFL, MLB and NBA I would probably hate Boston as much as most people so I get it. I just don't care about those sports so Boston doesn't bother me much, I'd rather see them win over the Islanders, Flyers, Carolina and Kovy.

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If I actually cared about the NFL, MLB and NBA I would probably hate Boston as much as most people so I get it. I just don't care about those sports so Boston doesn't bother me much, I'd rather see them win over the Islanders, Flyers, Carolina and Kovy.

The only Boston team I truly hate is the Patriots (I’m a Dolphins fan). I don’t particularly like the Bruins, but I don’t hate them enough to root against them against the likes of Carolina, a franchise that has repeatedly beaten the Devils in the postseason, and is a division rival.  

• Like 1

Marchand is enough of a reason alone for me to root against them. If he wasn’t on the team it’d be a different matter (still wouldn’t particularly want to see more Boston titles). I actually like Bergeron a lot, and Pasta is fun to watch. 

I'm pretty indifferent to the Bruins.  

I hate the Rangers first and foremost.  Hated the Bat Boy-led Hurricanes as well for a long time, but for the moment I've grown to be a little indifferent about them as well.  I think whenever the Devils start to make the playoffs again, I'll start feeling that pure rivalry hatred a bit more.  

For baseball it's the Yankees and the Braves (Mets fan).  Just the knowledge that the Braves will make the Mets their bitches anytime they need to is always hard to take.  

In football I used to REALLY hate the Jets, but part of what fuels a rivalry is both teams being on about the same level, or one team constantly getting in your way.  Jets haven't really done that TOO much...had their big playoff win up in NE during the Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez days, and later won a big game in OT against the Pats that helped to cost the Pats the #1 seed, meaning they had to go into Denver come playoff time (they lost).  But other than that, Jets have rarely been much of a problem for the Pats in recent years.  So I've even softened up on them.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Marchand is enough of a reason alone for me to root against them. If he wasn’t on the team it’d be a different matter (still wouldn’t particularly want to see more Boston titles). I actually like Bergeron a lot, and Pasta is fun to watch. 

One player is never enough to root against a hated rival for me. I hate the Carolina Hurricanes a lot more than I hate Brad Marchand (and I DO hate him, make no mistake lol).

• Like 1

I don't know if this is actually true but on the Flyers game yesterday they said Philly was the first team ever to lead a series after 3 games after only scoring 3 goals in the series.... That doesn't seem even possible to me, like how has nobody won a game 2-0 and 1-0 and gotten shutout before. It seems like something that would have happened at some point in the history of the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

One player is never enough to root against a hated rival for me. I hate the Carolina Hurricanes a lot more than I hate Brad Marchand (and I DO hate him, make no mistake lol).

To each their own. For me it usually is one player that makes me hate a team (Domi, Marchand, etc). Or root against them anyway. I don’t want to see someone I despise lifting the Cup.  

I also barely even consider teams like Carolina or Washington “division rivals.” Ofc they technically are, but I hate the stupid mega-divisions. I miss the old Atlantic. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

He is going to be lucky to get a 2 year prove it deal at this rate.

I think that’s probably not the case. I still think he’ll get a long term deal, but just not for the money we were all expecting he’d get. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that’s probably not the case. I still think he’ll get a long term deal, but just not for the money we were all expecting he’d get. 

Yeah probably.  I was all on board with keeping him originally, but now I’ve reached the point where I’m glad the Devils at least got something for him, and that they’re not going to be the ones signing him to a deal that almost seems certain to be a disappointment.

• Like 2

I don't hate CAR all that much because they never had players I hated even though they broke my heart a few times.  Outside of our natural hatred of the Rags and Flyers, if we're going to hate teams for having certain players, how is it we don't all hate TOR when they had Domi, Roberts, Corson, Tucker, & Belak.  Those were brutal playoff series the Devils had against that team of douche bags.  I would think that would be the most loathed team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xxchaznjxx said:

I don't hate CAR all that much because they never had players I hated even though they broke my heart a few times.  Outside of our natural hatred of the Rags and Flyers, if we're going to hate teams for having certain players, how is it we don't all hate TOR when they had Domi, Roberts, Corson, Tucker, & Belak.  Those were brutal playoff series the Devils had against that team of douche bags.  I would think that would be the most loathed team.

I f’ing despise that team and it all goes back to that 2001 series where Domi almost killed Niedermayer and then a bunch of ass hats from Toronto came down with a banner “free Domi” in the corner of CAA at our next home game.   I’ve never been as satisfied with winning an early round series as that one.  

Since then, my hatred of them has just grown since most of the NHL media and associates podcasts are Toronto centric.   How many years have they been telling us that they are sitting on the next NHL dynasty?   Let me know when they actually win a play-in or play-off series.  

• Like 3

Just now, Lateralous said:

I f’ing despise that team and it all goes back to that 2001 series where Domi almost killed Niedermayer and then a bunch of ass hats from Toronto came down with a banner “free Domi” in the corner of CAA at our next home game.   I’ve never been as satisfied with winning an early round series as that one.  

Since then, my hatred of them has just grown since most of the NHL media and associates podcasts are Toronto centric.   How many years have they been telling us that they are sitting on the next NHL dynasty?   Let me know when they actually win a play-in or play-off series.  

I fvcking despise Toronto. I actually hate them more than Carolina. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I fvcking despise Toronto. I actually hate them more than Carolina. 

You and me both, but I've taken a great interest in a couple TSN/Toronto based podcasts because the constant "THE SKY IS fvckING FALLING" media coverage is actually hysterical to me.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

hall will forever be a loser. he has the stink that will carry on with him. 

This is such a ridiculous and unfair take. Guy won an MVP (and 2 Memorial Cups). Are McDavid and Matthews also losers due to lack of playoff success? Was Ovi all those years? Hall is one of the best LW in the game. It will be very interesting to see where he ends up in FA, but if he goes to an actual contender like Colorado I think the “loser” narrative will be over very quickly.