Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'd take him back. Why not, he's better than 90% of who will be on the ice for us next season. If not more. 

Talent-wise I'd want him, but I think everyone had moved on. Plus we aren't winning anything anytime soon.  It wouldn't shock me if ownership at least inquires though

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Talent-wise I'd want him, but I think everyone had moved on. Plus we aren't winning anything anytime soon.  It wouldn't shock me if ownership at least inquires though

We should inquire about everyone, there isn’t a position we don’t need help at. 

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The whole ‘hand to ear’ bullsh!t after that goal he scored ended it for me. Good riddance. 

That was the only emotion anyone has showed in years that wasn’t Twitter based. 😀

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He said he wants to win. I think that ends it right there. 

Yeah I agree 100%.  That's why I think he's done with the Devils...if there's any interest at all, it's strictly on the Devils' side.  That's why I see this as nothing more than a "kick the tires" possibility...I can see ownership being all enthused with the idea that they could actually bring Hall back (Fitz will probably tell them that there's no chance), but that will get squashed very quickly when Hall's agent says something along the lines "Well, I should probably tell you to fvck off, but I'll be more polite and say that we're choosing to go in a different direction."    

Or a click-bait headline:  "DEVILS TO REACH OUT TO HALL'S AGENT, GAUGE INTEREST IN POSSIBLE REUNION", quickly followed by crickets, and news of Hall signing with the Avs.  I know these "How does this NOT happen?!" scenarios have a way of not happening, but Hall to the Avs just feels like such a lock right now.  

And I'm with MD2020 fully...if by some crazy miracle Hall was ever to return, I'd be very meh with it.  It would just FEEL wrong.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

This is true. We could use an upgrade every where. Including free agent paper towel replacers for the bathroom. Our guy was slipping. 

Yeah for all of the good things the owners have done with the arena, the bathrooms sure seem to be the very last item on the list.  

21 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It would feel so weird if he came back...for one, that would only happen if just about EVERY other option that made more sense somehow fell through, and even then, the Devils would likely have to pay a premium to get him back...and if Taylor is serious about money not being a driving factor, then even if the Devils were actually willing to go stupid with a massive UFA overpayment, that won't entice him the way it might some other "to the highest bidder" types.  And I gotta admit, the last thing I'd wanna see is Hall saying how thrilled he is to be back, when we'd all know that this was far from his first choice.  For another, I think if he stuck around, he'd keep getting measured against 2017-18...that year was SUCH an outlier compared to his more typical season.  Throw in some injuries and a couple of meh seasons (from him and the Devils), and everyone probably starts turning on him pretty quick.  As we've seen, the cupped ear goal has already rose some dander.

Of course, none of the above is going to happen...I think he's going to sign with the Avs and I think it's going to happen very quickly.  More just pointing out how weird it would feel if Hall coming back here ever actually came to pass.    

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Coleman with one of his typical highlight reel type goals. Lol 

Dude just can’t score a normal goal lol. 

How about that effort by Bogosian too? Blew right through two defenders like they weren’t even there. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rock said:

Just some observations about this year's playoffs.  Dallas playing the trap to perfection with a 2 goal lead against Colorado,  The Islanders keeping the front of net clear of Flyers.  Vegas being a big tough intimidating team very reminiscent of the Big Bad Bruins of the 70's.  It will be interesting to see if the opposing coaches can find a way to counteract these tactics, Oh and this has been mentioned already Andy Greene!😎

Really happy to see Greene have the night he had last night.  Wouldn't mind if it the Isles won the cup so that Greene get moment - it's well deserved.

• Like 1

I’m probably going to root for TB in the East. I like Greene well enough, but honestly I was probably a bigger fan of Coleman in the short time he was a Devil than I ever was Greene. Plus TB winning the Cup (or at least making a run) with all those small forwards would give me some hope.

Vegas or Dallas out of the West please. 

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m probably going to root for TB in the East. I like Greene well enough, but honestly I was probably a bigger fan of Coleman in the short time he was a Devil than I ever was Greene. Plus TB winning the Cup (or at least making a run) with all those small forwards would give me some hope.

Vegas or Dallas out of the West please. 

As long as Philly loses, I don’t care what happens lol. Just get the Flyers out.

• Like 2

Rooting for the Islanders... Ive never really been around any Islanders fans in real life so I dont have the personal dislike of them I do the Rangers and Philly.

Always fun to root for greene and lou.

I dislike alot of the players on Tampa from our series against them. Hedman and Kucherov were just so needlessly dirty. F#%* em. 

• Like 1