Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

3 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Feel bad for Greene, but happy for the local team here to be back in the finals - they've had such a good team for the past 5-7 years, and after last year's choke job they really needed this.  I get why some people don't like some players on the Bolts, I'll be the first to admit that Kucherov comes across as a pretty huge baby or diva sometimes, and I didn't like Hedman's spear a few years ago one bit either, but the organization as a whole is first class, so I'd be happy for them if they won.  Also would be happy for Coleman for obvious reasons.  

Will be interesting to see if Stamkos plays - was cool that he was there and got to come out onto the ice.  I was pretty convinced that he wasn't even with the team and was home in Tampa.

I don't see how the Bolts don't win this series, it truly looks like it's their year and with all their talent they're finally gonna get another Cup, but Dallas has completely surprised me too by beating the Avs and Golden Knights, so I wouldn't put it past them to make it a competitive series.  Khudobin has also been phenomenal.  Gonna be a great goalie duel, as it looks like Vasilevsky has firmly planted himself atop the league - the Bolts probably wouldn't be where they are right now without him. 

I say Bolts in 6, but I just want competitive hockey again to round out the playoffs.  It's been a great post-season, all things considered.

Congrats, champ!

After that series I concluded Kucherov is a douche, he had a nasty slash this year too on someone, Headman is an asshat, and Stamkos is a crybaby. I liked Stamkos before that too, but all he did was whine that whole series.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2020 at 4:20 PM, NJDevils1214 said:

After that series I concluded Kucherov is a douche, he had a nasty slash this year too on someone, Headman is an asshat, and Stamkos is a crybaby. I liked Stamkos before that too, but all he did was whine that whole series.

I feel ya. 

41 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Well folks, just in time for the Final to kick off, I got power back! And if it wasn’t for there literally being no wind at all last night, it wouldn’t have been THAT bad

Nice!

I don't like how they have the Cup on display in the second level of the arena.  I kinda like when it's always hidden and out of sight, not visible until the very end when there's a potentially Cup-winning game at stake.  Sort of builds the anticipation and mystique.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I feel ya. 

Nice!

I don't like how they have the Cup on display in the second level of the arena.  I kinda like when it's always hidden and out of sight, not visible until the very end when there's a potentially Cup-winning game at stake.  Sort of builds the anticipation and mystique.  

Agree 100%. Especially when there are no fans, why the fvck put it on display??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I feel ya. 

Nice!

one could make the argument that the players are losing a lot by not having a crowd in there. So having the cup right there looking at them might be the extra motivation they need

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Agree 100%. Especially when there are no fans, why the fvck put it on display??

Yeah I don’t like that at all. The Cup usually chills until it’s time to be presented. If the Cup could talk, I think it would ask to be put back into hiding lol.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

one could make the argument that the players are losing a lot by not having a crowd in there. So having the cup right there looking at them might be the extra motivation they need

You’re four wins away from living a life-long dream. That should be sufficient motivation lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Meh, it’s not a big deal. I’m just a traditionalist lol.

yeahh i get it. there's just nothing traditional about this year haha

to be fair though. i was sure if they would go through with the playoffs that it would be trainwreck, that it would be bad hockey, that full teams would be stopped and that the cup winner should have a * next to its cup etc etc

but i was totally wrong, its been great.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

to be fair though. i was sure if they would go through with the playoffs that it would be trainwreck, that it would be bad hockey, that full teams would be stopped and that the cup winner should have a * next to its cup etc etc

Me too- I was screaming from the rooftops about asterisks. I thought it would be a disaster. But I was totally, 100% wrong. And I’m happy to be. This has been a fun tournament. Both the NHL and the NBA have done a great job with their respective bubbles. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Me too- I was screaming from the rooftops about asterisks. I thought it would be a disaster. But I was totally, 100% wrong. And I’m happy to be. This has been a fun tournament. Both the NHL and the NBA have done a great job with their respective bubbles. 

I was right there with you. Happy to have been wrong, and I'm impressed with the job they did. 

• Like 3

so say the finals get to a game 7. And that Stamkos is cleared to play...

Would you put him in? It could be a big boost for the team to get their captain back. But he hasn't played a game in months so that's also tricky. 

I'd likely put him in in a limited role or something. Could be the best story ever if he's back in and they win

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

so say the finals get to a game 7. And that Stamkos is cleared to play...

Would you put him in? It could be a big boost for the team to get their captain back. But he hasn't played a game in months so that's also tricky. 

I'd likely put him in in a limited role or something. Could be the best story ever if he's back in and they win

Absolutely. Imagine how badly you’d be second guessed if you had him available and didn’t put him in, and then lose. 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

of course. But it goes both ways if he's not ready, responsible for a goal and you lose.

This question made me think of Pat Burns playing Dano in game 7 against the Ducks. Ahh good times...

Obviously not that similar of situations, but you get the point. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This question made me think of Pat Burns playing Dano in game 7 against the Ducks. Ahh good times...

Obviously not that similar of situations, but you get the point. 

yeah i was going to bring that up haha Even Dano was like "ohh gee are you sure about this?" haha

i do think sh!t like this brings out the best out of a team. Brings so much motivation.

Like that ONE good decent season we had when we made the playoffs... sure Hall was unreal but i think the whole Boyle thing brought the team together a lot too

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

On 9/19/2020 at 10:08 PM, SterioDesign said:

On 9/19/2020 at 10:20 PM, MadDog2020 said:

we wouldn't be saying this if the Rangers or Flyers made the finals