Jump to content

Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions


Recommended Posts

I also hope he will be fine. 

I will agree with the other part because I am having a lot of trouble remembering who we need to win to benefit us. I’ll just trust you’re right. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a father of two as well, my approach, for better or worse, will be this: My kids need to learn how to lose. My kids need to learn how to have someone have a different opinion than their own an

Maybe it's just me but I find humanity and society so depressing and draining right now. The level of division globally is awful. Being a Dad to two young kids I often lie awake at night and think, ho

Posted Images

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I hope Claude Julien will be fine and i hope this gives a boost to MTL. (gross) Them winning in the first round is one step toward getting a better pick

 

Just saw this morning he's doing well and heading home after a procedure. Wishing him nothing but a speedy recovery.

I saw on Reddit r/hockey someone posted his card from the Nordiques and worried it was the start of a "in memory," glad it wasnt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I also hope he will be fine. 

I will agree with the other part because I am having a lot of trouble remembering who we need to win to benefit us. I’ll just trust you’re right. 

Vancouver and Arizona need to lose. MTL, Chicago and Calgary has to win

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Vancouver and Arizona need to lose. MTL, Chicago and Calgary has to win

I keep seeing people bring up the condition of Arizona winning a round + Hall extension = another pick (forget what). And this year’s pick only drops if they make it all the way to the WCF?

Edited by Nicomo
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Vancouver and Arizona need to lose. MTL, Chicago and Calgary has to win

I suspect its all just a ploy for you to get to mention Montreal again. ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

if you think it brings me any joy to bring up Montreal having to win... you're criminally wrong

That’s a fair point lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I keep seeing people bring up the condition of Arizona winning a round + Hall extension = another pick (forget what). And this year’s pick only drops if they make it all the way to the WCF?

Would be an unprotected 2021 1st round pick if they win a round and Hall extends. Full condition from CapFriendly: "The 2021 3rd round pick can upgrade to a 2nd if the Coyotes win a playoff round OR if Taylor Hall re-signs in Arizona. The pick upgrades to a 1st if Hall re-signs AND the Coyotes win a playoff round." 

My best case scenario, but with some long odds would be Arizona winning this round, then losing and Hall re-signing. Coyotes could easily be bad in 2021 and Hall's draft lottery magic would be back on our side! Surprised the Coyotes have hung around here and I have to think as the series goes on Colorado will shake off some rust and start to dominate. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Haven’t watched any of the NY/Caps series, but I’m pretty surprised to see NY up 2-0. Tortz is a hell of a coach. 

Hoping for Tavares that those Leafs bedsheets are still comfy cause thats all he has going for him now

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I have to say, I fully respect anyone who wanted to opt out of the return for the safety of themselves or their family. But guys doing it midstream rubs me the wrong way. Especially if it’s true that there was no incident that precipitated it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

One of if not the first to call out that it's just not playoff hockey in his eyes without the intensity on the ice playing in empty buildings.  That was a day or two ago before walking away to be with his three young kids. He gave it a go but in the end just wasn't buying into what the league was selling. Timing sucks for the team for sure.  Pretty sure his youngest if 3-4 months old. (didn't read the article).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titans04 said:

One of if not the first to call out that it's just not playoff hockey in his eyes without the intensity on the ice playing in empty buildings.  That was a day or two ago before walking away to be with his three young kids. He gave it a go but in the end just wasn't buying into what the league was selling. Timing sucks for the team for sure.  Pretty sure his youngest if 3-4 months old. (didn't read the article).

That’s a bs complaint to make, basically that the playoffs are not playoff-y enough. They’re trying to do the best they can to get the game restarted, and he’s complaining it’s a different atmosphere? Well no sh!t genius. Go fvck yourself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s a bs complaint to make, basically that the playoffs are not playoff-y enough. They’re trying to do the best they can to get the game restarted, and he’s complaining it’s a different atmosphere? Well no sh!t genius. Go fvck yourself. 

When you're in his position you get to make that call. I'm sure he' gives a fvck about what anybody else thinks. I'm sure he'll have a job next season somewhere should he choose to play. He's accomplished and earned enough to walk away for now and he did. So yeah he can fvck off all the way home to his family for now in this aborted season. Maybe even making a stop at the bank on the way home too. I think he'll be just fine. 

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

rask is soft and always been. I would be fvcking furious with him if I was a teammate for his pansy move at this time. Opt out before hockey starts or not at all. Zero cases of covid in the bubble.

Also, wtf twilight zone world am I in where Montreal is suddenly good? This is the same team where they were for sure missing the playoffs and kokanetti or w.e. his name is was so bad they had to send him to Laval. World makes zero sense to me.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa
Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete cop-out by Rask.  He has a year left on his contract and assuming he comes back next year, he would be my #2 goalie and ride the bench.

Guy is clearly within his right to do what he wants, but he made it clear a few days ago that he wasn't trying because it wasn't fun and he didn't think it felt like the playoffs.  What a load of sh!t.  The league has done their best, and every other player is giving it their all because, guess what, they're professionals.  It's amazing that their GM had his back, but I imagine he's doing that so this becomes less of a distraction, and his teammates all said they support him but that's because they're professionals and can take the high road.  But you know deep down they're disappointed and probably really frustrated.  Rask is a damn good goalie and it's not easy to replace him, and for him to literally tell them 2 hours before their game today that he was leaving is just to Yoenis Cespedes-like, it's pathetic.  Incredibly selfish, and an absolute coward move. The guy is the complete opposite of a foxhole guy. I wouldn't want him on my team after this. 

Edited by NJDfan1711
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Also, wtf twilight zone world am I in where Montreal is suddenly good? This is the same team where they were for sure missing the playoffs and kokanetti or w.e. his name is was so bad they had to send him to Laval. World makes zero sense to me.

Price is playing great, and Shea Weber is an absolute stud. I can’t even imagine if Nashville still had Weber and Seth Jones....

Edited by Nicomo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.