Jump to content

Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions


DevilMinder
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

I just heard the name Mike Van Ryn for the first time in 15 years as an assistant coach for the Blues.  He can still go fvck himself.   

Haha.......I always hold a grudge on guys that spurned us or were miserable here, like Steve Thomas for one

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I wouldn’t really call going out in 6 games sh!tting the bed either. Not like they got swept. Plus Binnington was a major reason they won last year, and he was awful. Not having their best forward didn’t help either. 

Binnington was a major reason they took a whooping last night.  4 goals  on 18 shots.

Washington didn't want their series either. Isles wanted it far more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Haha.......I always hold a grudge on guys that spurned us or were miserable here, like Steve Thomas for one

I wasn’t much of a Steve Thomas guy myself, but he was simply one of those guys who wasn’t meant to play for Lemaire’s Devils.  Lemaire’s system and way of doing things was definitely not for everyone...other players (like Neal Broten and Jamie Langenbrunner) clashed with him too.

I remember Thomas having some good years with the Islanders (when Lou acquired him I remember being mildly excited, though at the time I would’ve rather had Wendel Clark, who went to the Isles in that three-way deal that saw Claude Lemieux go to the Avs), but after a pretty good 1995-96 season (made disappointing by the fact that he flat-out disappeared down the stretch), he missed a ton of games and wasn’t terribly productive over the next two seasons as a Devil.  The fact that he went to the Leafs and immediately looked more like the player the Devils were supposed to have gotten made me like him even less.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This Semi-final round is going to be awesome, and regardless of what happens, the Conference final round is going to be awesome too. TB/BOS is two really deep teams with a lot of hate for each other, and NYI/PHI is two more up-and-coming teams but both pretty deep as well.

I think Colorado handles Dallas pretty easily in the West, and probably the same with Vegas over Vancouver, but that just sets up for what would be one of the better Conference finals in recent memory in my opinion - I would lean Colorado, but only ever so slightly - both those teams are loaded with talent and speed.

Off-topic: @DevilMinderit seems like the forum got an update, and now in each thread there's a pretty giant box that shows stats for the current topic which takes up a lot of room, making the viewing size for the thread really small and narrow. Also, the stats box is only so long in height, so when it's over and you scroll down through posts, there's just a bunch of empty space on the right side.  Is this happening to anyone else too?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Off-topic: @DevilMinderit seems like the forum got an update, and now in each thread there's a pretty giant box that shows stats for the current topic which takes up a lot of room, making the viewing size for the thread really small and narrow. Also, the stats box is only so long in height, so when it's over and you scroll down through posts, there's just a bunch of empty space on the right side.  Is this happening to anyone else too?

I agree it was overbearing, i switched it to a blurb under the first post. We will see if that's more useful...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Stars really taking it to the Avs. 

Looks like the AVs that have to show up are showing up now. 

EDIT: Wow, Dallas was getting almost no offense this period and they score on the first real scoring chance they got. It was all COL before that.

Edited by NJDevils1214
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

8 points for the Stars top line. :o

I fee like both top lines really did all of the scoring and factored into the game. Mackinnon/Rantanen/Ladeskog were very noticable as were Seguin/Benn/Radulov.  Will be interesting to see which team can have their other lines come through the rest of the series.

Anyone know what happened to Grubauer and a status update for him?  I caught the tail end of the injury just as he was being removed from the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2020 at 12:37 AM, pumpkin cutter said:

how tf did the blues win a cup then sh!t the bed in the first round? 

I think that happens a lot when a team might not have that same hunger after they win a cup. And they had 5 regulars out last night plus Bin is no longer superhuman

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think that happens a lot when a team might not have that same hunger after they win a cup. And they had 5 regulars out last night plus Bin is no longer superhuman

Except that they also play 25 more, very intense, games. And players play thru injuries they would otherwise be recovering from. A long Cup run takes a huge toll on the players' mental and physical health. Do you actually watch these games?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MAFs agent apparently posted a picture of him getting stabbed in the back as a reference to DeBag going with Lehner during the playoffs so far.   Just saw MAFs response at podium and as always, he handled the situation with absolute class.   
 

I hope he gets in for some games 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

MAFs agent apparently posted a picture of him getting stabbed in the back as a reference to DeBag going with Lehner during the playoffs so far.   Just saw MAFs response at podium and as always, he handled the situation with absolute class.   
 

I hope he gets in for some games 

Marc-Andre-Fleury-Golden-Knights-backsta

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.