Who still uses/pays for a landline in their home?

LetsGoDevils

I'm looking for some advice as I look at trimming some home expenses this year going forward.  Baby steps on cutting the cord so to speak.

How many still use or pay for a landline phone in their home?  I still have one, using it to make local calls occasionally, but use my smart phone for everything else.

Its the piece of mind of having it that has had me keep it this long nothing else.

Those who have gotten rid of it, was it worth it?

Advice is appreciated.

Still have mine.

Cons:

I WAY overpay for it for the amount of use it gets!

"Local" (family) calls clear and "free" ... 🤔

Pros:

My cell reception SUCKS in my house,

all the telemarketers still call the house and get blocked.

have a phone line during power outages to get updates and if there is an emergency

I really oughta drop it or at least just go to the most basic of services and eat the charge if I actually use it for an outgoing call. It'd probably still be cheaper then the B.S. $$ I drop on it every month to barely use it.

Still have a landline. my Verizon FIOS package is (allegedly) cheaper with the phone than without (thought i have not double checked that in years), so I keep it. I never answer it or use it at all. The only people who call it are telemarketers, my mother-in-law, and one of my wife's friends. 

The wife insists we need it, so we have it. I also like to turn off my cell at night, which I wouldn't do if I had no landline. 

Thanks for the feedback.  

After some thought, I'm just keeping it.  As I mentioned initially, for the piece of mind of having it.

It will still give the telemarketers the chance to leave a message on my ancient answering machine.  Along with the scammers who call about, "My SSN is suspended and I must act now" and all the other scamming BS.

Stay safe and may we all make it through this screwy year.

15 hours ago, LetsGoDevils said:

It will still give the telemarketers the chance to leave a message on my ancient answering machine.  Along with the scammers who call about, "My SSN is suspended and I must act now" and all the other scamming BS.

😆

I literally JUST got one of these this weekend!

I am being sued! ... By some lawyer with a THICK INDIAN accent!.... But I can call the number he left to go over my options!!

Sometimes I answer these to fvck with them and lead them down a trail of hope only to drive them to getting so irate that they hang up.

Hopefully by wasting their time, I save some sucker from answering their phone and getting scammed. 

On 8/3/2020 at 7:34 AM, Masked Fan said:

😆

I literally JUST got one of these this weekend!

I am being sued! ... By some lawyer with a THICK INDIAN accent!.... But I can call the number he left to go over my options!!

Sometimes I answer these to fvck with them and lead them down a trail of hope only to drive them to getting so irate that they hang up.

Hopefully by wasting their time, I save some sucker from answering their phone and getting scammed. 

I love that you do this.  Immensely!

• Like 1