2021 Seattle Expansion Draft

Jerzey

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I'd like to believe he's going to be big on Hamilton and possibly chase Jones

We know he was willing to gamble on Tarasenko too so this could be his "lets speed this process up a bit" summer

We could afford all 3 of those guys and then some. 

13 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

After several seasons of hearing "weaponizing cap space" and nothing much coming of it, I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, but surely Fitz has to pull the trigger on a significant signing before the new season.

For the record, we still have the following players of note to make decisions on:

UFA:

Murray

Carrick

Tennyson

Dell

RFA:

Sharangovich

Kuokkanen

Merkley

Bastian

If you paid everyone on that list $4m,l (which would be $3m to much in some cases), we’d still not be at the floor. Wow. 

I just went through the lists to see if I could figure out who I would pick. The answer was too many centers and left wings, barely any right wings.

But there are a ton of good options, they will have a very competitive team. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

Pretty much the only teams these big name players want to go to. We're becoming the NBA. Stupid.

FB_IMG_1626642474480.thumb.jpg.5ae9361e87d4224b06bd91c2eed9d8b0.jpg

Well TB and VGK couldn't afford to pay him his current salary and Toronto could, but only just, and that's not even taking into account any players they have to re-sign. I suspect he may not be getting what he wants.

1 minute ago, Aitchmack said:

Well TB and VGK couldn't afford to pay him his current salary and Toronto could, but only just, and that's not even taking into account any players they have to re-sign. I suspect he may not be getting what he wants.

If TOR lets Hyman walk they could sign him. Landeskog has a house in Toronto.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Can someone smarter than me explain how the Yotes/Isles trade works? It doesn't say "future considerations" it literally says the Islanders are getting nothing in return for dumping their cap on AZ. Is this legal?

It's not the Devil's so yes

42 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

It’ll be like every other time, if they want to figure out a way, they will. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

Pretty much the only teams these big name players want to go to. We're becoming the NBA. Stupid.

FB_IMG_1626642474480.thumb.jpg.5ae9361e87d4224b06bd91c2eed9d8b0.jpg

To be fair, that's 6 out of 31 teams, or almost 20% of the league.  And the common denominator among that list is that all of those teams are competitive and win-now mode.  For a guy like Landeskog who doesn't have a Cup to his name, and has come close recently but not won, it doesn't surprise me that that would be his list.

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

To be fair, that's 6 out of 31 teams, or almost 20% of the league.  And the common denominator among that list is that all of those teams are competitive and win-now mode.  For a guy like Landeskog who doesn't have a Cup to his name, and has come close recently but not won, it doesn't surprise me that that would be his list.

Let’s also remember that 1) that statement isn’t coming from him, and 2) just because he is interested in them doesn’t mean that they are interested in him. 

I don’t know the author, but it could be a complete clickbait waste of time. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

So all MTL did was exposing damaged goods

Weber who's not playing next season

Price who might now need surgery

Drouin who had to take time off for undisclosed reasons

Byron who went unclaimed through waivers twice

Danault who already put his house in MTL up for sale and will test the market

Tatar who didn't play the last 3 rounds of the playoffs